• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 32
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1805 times and has 31 replies Next Thread
Cleaver
Captain

Bittorrent Reply to this Post

A manual media download / bittorrent would be nice, but would require a fair bit of jiggery-pokery that we don't have the bandwidth (haha) for right now. When we get a breather we'll look into it. Using p2p would certainly be pleasant for our (not insubstantial) bandwidth bills.
[Sep 26, 2003 6:42:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

Re: Next Release Reply to this Post

I agree with Sugarpie's suggestion, it would be great ie. I download half the stuff now and I have to go, later I connect and download some new stuff, then tommor or something I download the final bits. That way, I can play the game in no time, but this way, since I have dial-up, and I sometimes really need the phone I need to stop at, like.... 80 percent. It sucks to download all the stuff again (which took like, an hour and a half or two houres). It really should be made easier downloading the patches.

Or ye could just make many, many small updates. (Like the 18kb update a few days ago, just not that small(maybe in the range of 100-200kb)) I now this sounds small, but for those with dial-up connection, coupled with lag.... that would take a longer time then some would like...

Just me 2 poe.
----------------------------------------
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Sep 26, 2003 5:09:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates