• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 32
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2108 times and has 31 replies Next Thread
garf

what's not in the patch notes Reply to this Post

as the release notes leave out a lot of more or less interesting stuff, here be a list of what else i've seen new so far:

- saber and cutlass patterns have been changed. hooray, thanks nemo.

- /who be sorted now, and from what it looks like, the ship list is no longer limited to one arch.

- gunnery experience and rating reset, rating fix. note that yer experience and rating will be gone once ye do the puzzle the first time after the patch (at least it did for me).

- ingame news button on the ye-tab

feel free to add yer own discoveries.
----------------------------------------
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Sep 23, 2003 10:02:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
joedigriz

Re: what's not in the patch notes Reply to this Post

Several sound effects have been "tweaked". In particular, the carpentry puzzle seems to be a bit more muted. I think I like it better this way, to tell the truth.
Garbuck - Red Mantis Scapegoat and Pretty Pretty Princess
[Sep 23, 2003 10:07:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jal_95    joedigriz [Link]  Go to top 
tommy

When facing a larger number of enemies than ken fit on the screen, the scroll does no longer 'snap' to the top everytime someone dies.

I have not yet decided whether I likes this or no.
[Sep 23, 2003 10:10:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

garf wrote: 
- ingame news button on the ye-tab

I noticed that the Y!PP news auto popped up on signon, is this the new default? And if so, is there a way we can have this option turned off?
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Sep 23, 2003 11:22:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
Captainhead

garf wrote: 

Indeed. The cutlass seems much more useable now. I haven't seen the Saber yet (one of the few swords I never bothered to buy). Anyone who has access to YPP (who's not stuck at work) want to do a detailed analysis of the patterns/mirrors?
[Sep 24, 2003 12:09:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ShotgunRitual [Link]  Go to top 
garf

captainhead - check http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=984&highlight=saber and http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=2074&highlight=saber
- Randal

[Sep 24, 2003 12:17:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
Captainhead

Forgot about that thread. Yeah, the cutlass is the same as the one shown in the second thread (actually the one shown is a mirrored cutlass). Which one was the final decision for the saber? The final proposed one is pretty nice, but not very similar to the original saber; was wondering what they went with.
[Sep 24, 2003 12:36:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ShotgunRitual [Link]  Go to top 
nicuss

Ships going full speed can be easily intercepted. No need to turn about or anything, just time your click right and you can get it. That also means that you'll be stopped by brigands regardless of your speed, so if you're thinking about moving some valuable items solo on a fast sloop forget about it. It now takes forever to sail anywhere if brigands are patrolling.
[Sep 24, 2003 2:40:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pythos

Also, when you're in a boat or in a shop, and you try to buy a commodity, the little number at the bottom that tells you how much of the commod you can hold now takes into account what you have in the hold, rather than how much the empty ship/shop could hold.

So if you're buying hemp on a large sloop, instead of always saying it can carrry a max of 162 hemp, it will instead say, for example, you can carry 42 hemp if you already have a ton of other stuff in there.
Jeridus - Mad Mutineers
YPP's Original Two Fisted Tailor
[Sep 24, 2003 3:41:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tommy

I am missing a ton (12 of 45) employees... I am assuming they were removed due to inactivity (not logged in).

I plan to check on it...

Edit: Confirmed. Players not logged on in the last 10 days were fired. This will be ongoing.
[Sep 24, 2003 5:52:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squidbeard

On the gripping hand... Reply to this Post

tommy wrote: 
Confirmed. Players not logged on in the last 10 days were fired. This will be ongoing.

On one hand: Hallelujah! That's 100 /who queries I don't have to perform every week.

On the other hand: Who wants to start the thread for the tug-of-war on how many days the timer should run?

--Sq
Squid
High Priest, Cult of the Red Mantis
[Sep 24, 2003 6:54:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
spinn

garf wrote: 
captainhead - check http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=984&highlight=saber and http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=2074&highlight=saber

I can't see new posts or edits in either of these threads in the last week...are there caps of the patterns anywhere in those threads, or elsewhere? Captainhead mentioned the one for the saber, but I'm not sure which he's referring to, and I don't see the cutlass specifically, either.

Or, actually: does that mean the "proposed" ones are now current?
And thus, the message is concluded.
[Sep 24, 2003 6:59:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.spinnwebe.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Weaver

garf wrote: 

If someone can post an example of each sword, along with the guard/handle colours (or confirm the above), I'll update me little app.
Weaver - First Mate of Orange Revolution, Prince of Crimson Tide
Sword Patterns
[Sep 24, 2003 7:14:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://weaver.merold.net/pirates/swordcolours.php?sword=All [Link]  Go to top 
tommy

Re: On the gripping hand... Reply to this Post

Squidbeard wrote: 
tommy wrote: 
Confirmed. Players not logged on in the last 10 days were fired. This will be ongoing.

On one hand: Hallelujah! That's 100 /who queries I don't have to perform every week.

On the other hand: Who wants to start the thread for the tug-of-war on how many days the timer should run?

--Sq

Arr, it be no Hallelujah for me, it be a royal pain. Because my production was suddenly cut in half, and I'm missin nearly half me regular force (20 of 45) who all understood me "120 hour a week for good pay" rules.

Have ye any idea how hard it is to explain them rules to players? You have to explain the entire labor system to start, which some players who have been here for months don't seem to understand. To get a group of 45 together that actually obeys em so that I ken keep me production up is miraculous that I did it once already.

Suddenly, because I have no controls over who I employ but to set rates and fire people, I have 20 people working for me, who because of all the sudden available jobs, have all 3 of each of they characters employed in 3 different places, and cuttin me production times to shreds.

Orders of 100 cloth that used to take me 2-3 hours to fill now take over 5 hours.

And I have no way of tellin which new people are cloggin things up until the day AFTER tomorrow, because I need to wait for the first root email after a full day of employment to see what kind of hours they be givin me.

It's goin to take me days to sort this out. :(

Don't get me wrong, I understand the need for it... Thar be plenty of new players that needed jobs badly, and somethin did indeed need to be done. I just want to reinforce that shoppes need better tools in the employment arena to function well, and that employment in general still has some issues what needs to be worked on.
[Sep 24, 2003 7:21:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

I would think that once the Crafting Puzzles come in, people who never log on and thus don't do their puzzles would hurt your shop even more than auto-firing those who haven't logged in for 10 days.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Sep 24, 2003 9:49:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sexdwarf

if these 20 or so people haven't logged in in 10 days, then your production should remain the same right? they have't done anything for you as it is...
[Sep 24, 2003 12:40:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Weaver

sexdwarf wrote: 
if these 20 or so people haven't logged in in 10 days, then your production should remain the same right? they have't done anything for you as it is...

Nope, you get their labor by virtue of them having a job at your shop (and they get paid for just having the job).

Actually I prefer people who haven't logged in forever because they're not wasting their labor hours by foraging =)
Weaver - First Mate of Orange Revolution, Prince of Crimson Tide
Sword Patterns
[Sep 24, 2003 12:49:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://weaver.merold.net/pirates/swordcolours.php?sword=All [Link]  Go to top 
sexdwarf

hmmm, thanks weaver, clears a little up for me, still a tad bit confused about laboring i think....time to re-read the help on that topic i guess :)
[Sep 24, 2003 10:12:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joedigriz

Speaking of labor... Reply to this Post

Anyone know if the "must have a job" foraging requirement was removed yet? I know they were going to change it, but don't know if it was done this release.
[Sep 24, 2003 11:15:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jal_95    joedigriz [Link]  Go to top 
Cedric

Weaver wrote: 
garf wrote: 

If someone can post an example of each sword, along with the guard/handle colours (or confirm the above), I'll update me little app.

I posted a comparison of the old and new saber in this thread:

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=24983#24983
Captain of the Yellow Jackets (Midnight)
Not to be taken internally (or seriously)
May cause rash
[Sep 24, 2003 11:21:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Maverick1701 [Link]  Go to top 
Aur

Re: On the gripping hand... Reply to this Post

tommy wrote: 

Arr, it be no Hallelujah for me, it be a royal pain. Because my production was suddenly cut in half, and I'm missin nearly half me regular force (20 of 45) who all understood me "120 hour a week for good pay" rules.

Well, of course, they understood the rules to not forage or work anywhere else. They weren't actually playing so you never had to worry about them foraging or going and looking for another job.

This is a very good thing. With the shortage of jobs out there, people are getting jobs and just sitting on them and new people are not able to find new quality jobs. It should be the biggest benefit to new players even if it is a bit of a headache to the shopowners, and its nice to see new players getting some benefit in something for a change.
~Aur
Original Riot Starter

"So now you know, and knowing is half the battle. The other half is HWFO." -Hermes
[Sep 24, 2003 11:22:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amberyl

You can now hire swabbies on small sloops if you have less than a crew of five (as opposed to less than a crew of four).

As before, you can only have three of them, so if you're soloing your crew size will still be four. But if it's you and one other player, you can now have three swabbies rather than two, bringing your crew size up to five.
Amberyl, SO, Cult of the Red Mantis, Looterati
Reading the forums a lot is like camping clue. --homullus
[Sep 25, 2003 2:34:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.black-knight.org/pp/    CyberLWL [Link]  Go to top 
Kraken

Re: Speaking of labor... Reply to this Post

joedigriz wrote: 
Anyone know if the "must have a job" foraging requirement was removed yet? I know they were going to change it, but don't know if it was done this release.

I hope so, that way I can quit all my jobs to make sure those low paying jobs dont take away from my foraging hours.

Also maybe having a labor shortage will encourage shop owners to raise their wages, thus raising the prices of goods, thus helping the economy out a little bit. Tho that might be expecting a bit too much :)
Gorth

Midnight:
-Senior Officer of Dastardly Deviant Devils.

Azure:
-Owner of Spring Blade Iron Monger on Spring Island.
-Senior Officer of Dastardly Deviant Devils.
[Sep 25, 2003 2:42:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squidbeard

Re: Speaking of labor... Reply to this Post

Kraken wrote: 
Also maybe having a labor shortage will encourage shop owners to raise their wages, thus raising the prices of goods, thus helping the economy out a little bit. Tho that might be expecting a bit too much :)

Not at all, mate. I've already heard shoppekeepers from a number of islands complain that their workforces had been decimated, and turnaround times had doubled or worse. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see labor rates rise in an effort to keep production up. This may be coupled with "One job/no forage" demands such as those we've seen implemented elsewhere.

Of course, this will likely cause prices to go up at those stores who need to raise their labor rates. So instead of unemployment complaints, we'll hear inflation complaints. Yay, progress!

I'm reserving the right to continue calling my employees ungrateful worms until such point as meaningful crafting puzzles are implemented.

--Sq
Squid
High Priest, Cult of the Red Mantis
[Sep 25, 2003 3:11:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Kraken wrote: 

"Visionary" is my middle name.

Edit: It's spelled "Christopher", but it's pronounced "Visionary"
[Sep 25, 2003 3:14:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Amberyl wrote: 
You can now hire swabbies on small sloops if you have less than a crew of five (as opposed to less than a crew of four).

As before, you can only have three of them, so if you're soloing your crew size will still be four. But if it's you and one other player, you can now have three swabbies rather than two, bringing your crew size up to five.

I don't know if thats true.. I was sailing around with four yesterday.. are you sure it wasnt just that the other person was a n00b?
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 25, 2003 6:38:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amberyl

Positive. Wondering if it was a temporary booch, I actually fired all the swabbies and clicked Hire again.

Experience thus far:

One player, three swabbies
Two players, three swabbies
Three players, two swabbies
Four players, one swabbie
[Sep 25, 2003 7:13:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.black-knight.org/pp/    CyberLWL [Link]  Go to top 
joedigriz

Gunnery itself seems to have been tweaked. As per something Nemo agreed about several weeks ago, unloaded (including misloaded) guns are selected for the puzzle before loaded ones.
[Sep 25, 2003 3:30:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jal_95    joedigriz [Link]  Go to top 
garf

amberyl, are ye 100% certain there was no pirate with newbie flag aboard?
- Randal

[Sep 25, 2003 11:54:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
Amberyl

"Newbie flag"? That one's new to me, and I can't find a reference to it on a forum search. What is it, and how can you tell if someone has it?

The first time, I'm sure one of the players was new. I didn't think this was true of a voyage I took later, though.
[Sep 26, 2003 2:37:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.black-knight.org/pp/    CyberLWL [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates