• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 697 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Moonripple

Practicing gunnery aboard training ships Reply to this Post

A while back I offered up my support for the suggestion to have the guns on training ships unload each time a player leaves the puzzle. The reasoning was that since the guns on a training ship are never used, unloading them each time would allow players to practice gunnery as much as they want without really hurting anything.

I am happy to report that this feature seems to have made it into this newest release. You won't get paid for your effort, but it seems like a great place to gain experience. Since this feature wasn't listed in the release notes, I wanted to point it out here.
[Sep 23, 2003 7:28:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

Re: Practicing gunnery aboard training ships Reply to this Post

some newbs DO attack the training ship when it moves a short distance along the sea lane...

but aye... almost never used
----------------------------------------
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 23, 2003 9:57:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Moonripple

Re: Reply to this Post

As I understand it, it's impossible to target and attack a training ship. Am I mistaken?
[Sep 23, 2003 10:58:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Slummock

Re: Practicing gunnery aboard training ships Reply to this Post

you are not, meiadm is probably thinking the navy, i know i was untill your last post...
----------------------------------------
Glub (again)
[Sep 24, 2003 12:58:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates