• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 734 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
peterconning

can ye tell me what ye be thinkin to this piccy I drew in paint Reply to this Post

I be knowing that the waves need refining but any criticisms about the rest of it are welcome

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/3759/captainexile1qh.png[/IMG][/URL]
[Nov 19, 2005 10:23:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hampster

Re: can ye tell me what ye be thinkin to this piccy I drew in paint Reply to this Post

You didn't help with the artwork for the ogirinal point 'n click series did you?

It looks good mate, if that's the style you're going for. Looks pixelated to heck; but it's got a nice retro touch.
----------------------------------------
Kivo - for the lady, sir?
Her sugar daddy would.
[Nov 19, 2005 11:24:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Re: can ye tell me what ye be thinkin to this piccy I drew in paint Reply to this Post

Not bad at all - much better than I can do!

I like the way the waves are the same shape as the hook.

Dylan
[Nov 19, 2005 11:37:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peterconning

aye tis very pixelated, i was experimenting with a new technique for doing paint pictures.

I was doing pixel by pixel pictures but I wanted to put more detail in. So I did a screenshot and cropped the picture allowing me to put some more detail in and unpixelate some of it. I need to improve me skills somewhat more
[Nov 20, 2005 3:07:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

I think its quite adorable! Sometimes ye just gotta have the old pong game, too!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Nov 20, 2005 3:24:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HugoTheRuler

it's cool
[Nov 20, 2005 3:25:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

Technically, it's pretty good. I like the style you're shooting for.

Artistically, I think you could do with some work on your proportions, unless that's deliberate. Take a look at some art books (at the bookstore), and try drawing a quick skeleton before you draw over it in Paint. Heads are pretty tricky as well - eyes are usually helf-way down the head, then the nose just below that, and then the mouth halfway between the nose and the chin.
I took my own advice.
[Nov 20, 2005 3:54:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates