• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 55
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4034 times and has 54 replies Next Thread
Avernus666

Avernus Arises [Cobalt, Sakejima] Reply to this Post

Hades sat on his crumbling, deserted island of Sakejima and cursed his father for giving him nothing but pain and anguish in the Underworld while his brothers Poseidon and Nemo (an Alt of Zeus) frolic in joy and happiness on the surface world. I am sick of Nemo and his proclamations shouted Hades as he kicked a stuffed monkey lying nearby. I will show him, I will defy him, I will make the Underworld of Sakejima the finest place to be, I will form my own army of scurvy pirates and I shall squash my little brothers between my thumb and fore finger like the sniveling little termites they are. Hades gazed down upon his pit of tortured souls and thought; first I need a leader, a great leader, a leader that will sway the masses to my side. So many torture souls to chose from.... Hades rummage through the standard midnight fare of pirates and decided some were just too pitiful (Parthanos), some too sedentary(Misery) and some just plain too weird (Looseweed) No Hades decided, this daunting challenge requires something new and innovative. And then Hades himself reached toward the pit of despair and found something evil, something that no one would suspect, something to do his bidding and make the goodie goodie Nemo and Poseidon pay!

The night on Sakejima was quiet and still but something stirred in the nearby trees. The island turned dark as the skellies emerged and silently surrounded the green swampy pond. Hades appeared on top of the palace and laughed as a dark storm began to form around the blood red moon. Hades shouted into the rising winds: Arise my minion, I command you to rise? From the churning storm a streak of lightning struck the green ooze swamp lake and a figure began to emerge, a dark figure with hair brighter than the fires of hell, a figure that would forever change the island of Sake, I am Avernus!

Avernus first duty was to track down Nemo and get the deed to his precious soda shoppe on Sakejima. Avernus and his four demons (Deathdemon, Wardemon, FamineDemon and Plaguedemon) found Nemo defiantly sitting in the throne at the Sake Palace waiting for our arrival. Upon entering the throne room, evil glares were exchanged and Deathdemon breathed Nemo, you must die. Nemo?s eyes darted to each of the exit doors as he stood and ceremoniously placed his golden turban on his head. His monkey held the deed that we sought and made a break for the docks. The four demon?s gave chase and were able to catch him right at the gates of the dock and acquire the deed. The feisty little monkey managed to escape with the help of some do gooders on the docks. This left Avernus and Nemo standing eye to eye in the throne room all alone. Avernus growled and reached for Nemo but he disappeared leaving only a small X behind. The last reported sighting of Nemo was that he was sailing for Lima?. Run Nemo, Run away?. When we are done with Sakejima we will be coming to Lima for you!

Late last night I made my presence know on the ocean. The powers at Olive island insulted me on me own docks so I unleashed the undead skellies onto their island. The skellies successfully held the mortals well into the morning. When I arrived on the Olive docks there were mortal bodies laying all over the island and a stack of bid tickets and charts higher than the Palace. The charts and bid tickets were worthless so I ordered the skellies to lose and let the mortals fight about who gets what as we plan more evil events.

Taxes were briefly raised to hellacious levels but several brave pirates stepped up to pay proper tribute to Hades and save the island from a burning. See the Island News or Palace news for the latest list of these generous souls and current tax rate.

The first three island events are:

1. Rename the Sake Palace Contest
2. Auction of the Sake Inn
3. Win the Bank and the right to rename it.

These events will be detailed in separate event postings when the time is right.

See the entire plan outline
----------------------------------------
Avernus
Former Overlord of Sakejima [Cobalt]
{All about Avernus }
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Avernus666 at Nov 11, 2005 7:10:49 PM]
[Nov 11, 2005 2:42:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
montell

Re: Avernus Arises [Cobalt, Sakejima] Reply to this Post

Ordered them to lose? Give me a break Avernus. Unleashing those bags of bones on Olive was an utter waste of your time. Your evil shall not be allowed to spread across Cobalt.
Bibity
[Nov 11, 2005 6:56:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Avernus666 wrote: 
The last reported sighting of Nemo was that he was sailing for Nemo?Lima. Run Nemo, Run away

Fixed, oh Dark Evil One.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Nov 11, 2005 7:03:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Avernus666

The Evil Saga Continues...

With Nemo out of the Palace the throne room has been painted a synful maroon and all those that have properly praised Hades have had their names inscribed in a place of honor for all to see. The coffers are swelling and it is time to make the first major island change...

Palace Rename Competition

As I sat in the freshly painted throne room WarDemon appeared and whispered in my ear that evil doings were happening on Prolix Purlieu. What's this?? A blockade ??? And it is sinking??? Har Har, what an evil day this shall be. The order was given, to sinkem all and let Davy sort it out. A sole WB was prepared to do battle against a crowded board but me faithful minions did not fear. This shall be a warning to Nemo, this will show what is to come at Lima!

And I with me demons and minions did enter the first round of the blockade on the most evil side in the ocean, my side... and we sunk almost everything that came near our sole war brig. The demon's howled as ship after ship glubbed under our cannons....and then a great cheer was heard across the ship as a mighty war frig fell from our fodder. WarDemon counted 3 sloops, 4 cutters, 3 WB and a WF to our total and snickered at the meager scratches that were done to our ship. Beware Nemo, this is but of taste of what is coming for Lima.
Avernus
{All about Avernus }
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Avernus666 at Nov 14, 2005 5:40:19 AM]
[Nov 13, 2005 4:09:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RebekahWSD

Ah, so that was the ship...I kept hoping the little cutter I was on was going to be attacked, but the captain ran! Ah well.

/me stays away from saying what the ship sunk or not.

I found the whole blockade fun. As with the sakejima thing. Thank ye very much and away I go!

RebekahWSD (Afton/Shulamit-Cobalt)
Avernus gets out the holy hand grenade

/me bows to the evil avernus ^_^
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RebekahWSD at Nov 13, 2005 10:08:10 AM]
[Nov 13, 2005 10:07:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/rebekahwsd/index.htm    misceloflyonesse    RebekahWSD    48259585 [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

Why not keep the political tarting in Parley. It's completely inappropriate here.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Nov 13, 2005 3:25:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

Why not keep the political tarting in Parley. It's completely inappropriate here.

And with that, all tarting posts shall be deleted.
[Nov 13, 2005 4:24:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DemonOfDeath

DeathDemon likes when Bia flexes her muscle.

I hereby declare that Bia shall be spared from torture and death.

DeathDemon
SO Hades' Minions
All hope abandon, ye who enter here.
--Dante's Inferno
[Nov 14, 2005 5:18:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flib

well done Bia
it was very much needed because it was turning this fairly important post to a random tartfest.

-Flib
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
Prometheus says, "Arr! UPS"
[Nov 14, 2005 8:03:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Mayanjewel

Avernus, I am trying to keep up with all these evil deeds and unclean thoughts and I fear I might be missing some of the fatal deadlines.

Is there a concise calendar available? Or is there a way you could make fire and brimstone rain down on my head when event deadlines are near?
Mayanjewel

So all were lost, which in the ship were found,
They in the sea being burnt, they in the burnt ship drown'd.
[Nov 27, 2005 9:55:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Avernus666

See the Sake Notice Board> Island News, I will post dates next to each listing
Avernus
{All about Avernus }
[Nov 27, 2005 11:17:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Hey! What did I do to you? You didn't like the flowers I sent? The lobstergram? I put little hearts over the "i"s!

Well, fine. If you won't respond to poetry and shellfish, we'll see if you respond to cannonballs! Come to Lima and cower before our Legume Armada! Our battle cry will shake you to your evil core! BEEEEANS!
[Nov 28, 2005 10:37:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Avernus666

Flowers were received... Famine made them wilt, Plague coughed on them and then we handed them to people we didn't like on the docks.

Hide on Lima, Codger together what wimpy protection force ye can... The day of reckoning approaches. Oh and if Cleaver will let ye come out and play: Nemo Challenged

I love the smell of burnt Nemo in the morning... smells like Victory.
Avernus
{All about Avernus }
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Avernus666 at Nov 28, 2005 10:49:36 AM]
[Nov 28, 2005 10:46:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flib

This news just in:
Avernus is calling Nemo out for a fruit fight at Lima!
i am not suposed to be telling you this top secret information so
AAARGH!
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Flib at Nov 28, 2005 1:58:03 PM]
[Nov 28, 2005 1:56:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Jacktheblack

As a Hero of the Gods, I watched the horror that Avernus placed over the island of Sakejima. With an interesting of striking back at him, I sneaked into his evil Palace making my way to his Planning Area. There I encountered the Evil one himself! I brandished my sword at Avernus and attacked! Some how I was able to defeat him.

While he laid there hurt, I decided to go though his desk, looking at his evil plans. Just as I started to root though the desk, two of his evil minions Deathdemon and Wardemon walked in the planning room. With that I grabbed what ever my hand was on and rushed out of the Place. I soon got back to the ship and realized I had gotten the deed to the Shacks! How fitting I thought, The House that Jack Built was reclaimed by another Jack! With this one of the Heroes of the Gods strikes back at the evil Demons and scores one for Nemo!
[Nov 29, 2005 5:53:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jacktheblackypp    samergamer [Link]  Go to top 
FerdtheGREAT

Yay Jack! Good work mate :)

Ferdnand
score: Nemo:1 Avernus:1 (He got the Inn remember)

What an event this is turning into lol
Ferdnand
[Nov 29, 2005 12:38:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rnchairman@yahoo.com    jus24tin [Link]  Go to top 
Gunguy1

I be also planning an attack: just hasn't decided when though. Avernus, ye've just gone to far. My evil powers will overcome yer's, and I, Darkius, will show you what true evil is... just after I check yer SF rating.
[Nov 29, 2005 2:02:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prosperity

Jack, it's hopeless. Come to the dark side and we can rule the galax... ocean! Nemo is weak, you have no chance in winning. Just the other day I took two buildings on Sakejima for my lord, Avernus.

The pitiful residents of Sakejima couldn't outwit me in a meer trivia contest.

A pitiful, 18,000 stone, won me this Iron Monger. I sure hope Nemo's servants will prepare better for the blockade at Lima! Harr.

If Nemo's pitiful act continues, Sakejima and Lima will both surely be ours. We will begin stocking up on our cannonballs for Lima as soon as construction finishes. Come, faithful to Avernus. Take a job and help finish construction at Hades Harmory.

So, Jack. Do you really think you push Nemo to victory? Unwise, my friend. What do you think happened to RD? Rumor has it a evil sucubbus absorbed his manly energy to the point of death.* We wouldn't want this to happen to you too would we? Join Avernus.

* Facts changed to benefit the story.
Obsidian: Inglorious Basterds, Guerrilla Warfare
CFO, Nonsensical Nudity Inc.
[Nov 30, 2005 6:26:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flib

Yay for Avernus and his fruit flinging madness!

and...
i still want that bank.

-Flib
:(
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
[Nov 30, 2005 9:41:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Gunguy1

yer forgeting a third side... for now, I'm supplying nemo with an army of Giant octopus, and giant whirlpools, and other weapons from his book. now, his enemies (except Hades) will fight for me (and him). darkness rules!
[Nov 30, 2005 1:00:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prosperity

Good luck with that. Avernus will triumph over your wimpy squid.
Obsidian: Inglorious Basterds, Guerrilla Warfare
CFO, Nonsensical Nudity Inc.
[Nov 30, 2005 1:13:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunguy1

no, that was just an apitizer. I'm sending 1million on them, 1000times bigger, and with 10 swords each.
[Nov 30, 2005 1:28:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flib

ButButBut...
they only have 8 arms don't they?

mwahahaha

go Avernus!

plus he can distract the squid with his fruit flinging madness

-Flib
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
[Nov 30, 2005 2:29:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
FerdtheGREAT

Nemo will always win! Haven't ye ever been to the piratey float-in? The good guy always wins :P I will always support Nemo, and I will join Jack in the fight against the evil presence on Sakejima :)

Ferdnand
supporting Nemo and Jack in the fight against hade's and avernus...
Ferdnand
[Nov 30, 2005 8:15:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rnchairman@yahoo.com    jus24tin [Link]  Go to top 
Flib

I call for a blockade of the shacks!

i am sure avernus can drop the chest
:P

-Flib
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
[Dec 1, 2005 7:14:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
FerdtheGREAT

I call for a blockade of the shacks!

i am sure avernus can drop the chest
:P

-Flib

lol I'd go for a shack blockade. /me scratches his head Umm, what are we going to use instead of ships?

Ferdnand
wat will we use instead of ships :S...
Ferdnand
[Dec 1, 2005 8:01:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rnchairman@yahoo.com    jus24tin [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Bedrolls.

Oh. And break up the crates, melt down the nails, and bingo: tiny cannonballs.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Dec 1, 2005 8:20:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunguy1

ButButBut...
they only have 8 arms don't they?

mwahahaha

go Avernus!

plus he can distract the squid with his fruit flinging madness

-Flib

I said 1millions!!!
[Dec 1, 2005 1:43:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ciphar

Nemo will Rule, I mean Nemo Rules! I support Nemo against Avernus! just run away from us!
Hilden,
Fleet Officer of Fighting Freebooters!
Prince of Calico Jack

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ciphar at Dec 11, 2005 4:43:33 PM]
[Dec 11, 2005 4:42:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zindy

This sounds very interesting - waiting for more!!
The winner is Notorious Fandango. - and puff! and gone ;)

certified ZombDango . notorious.
[Dec 12, 2005 6:12:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate+Sabata [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates