• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 498 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Leeksoup

Garro! Reply to this Post

Historically, the garro is pretty much an arrow, except made of iron and weighs several hundred pounds. It was fired out of a cannon, and it was used to completely remove sails and cause serious damage to the crew.

I was thinking, is there a way to implement this? I can even think of a way to put it into the gunning puzzle- say a garro comes out facing left. Well, if you put it into a cannon that faces left, it works fine. But if you put into a cannon facing right, you have to wash it out and start over. So, it would be a bit more difficult to load into a cannon, but instead of doing hull damage to the opposing ship, it would remove either 2 or 3 random sailing tokens.

However, since it weighs so much, it can only travel 2 squares instead of the normal 4. I think this will balance things out some, and it should probably also cost more.

I'm not sure if it should affect the crew any; perhaps it would refresh one duty puzzle. Sailing, you get a new board and your sailing indicator goes dull; Carp, all four holes and your bucket are refreshed and your hammer goes dull, etc. Or maybe it only affects sailing tokens. That's already a big hit.

I don't know, this is just another half-baked idea from my brain. Comments?
----------------------------------------
-Scylira, mostly retired
ponytailguy wrote: 
Yarr, me harties, let me go grab my knitting needles!

Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].
[Nov 5, 2005 12:40:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Re: Garro! Reply to this Post

Interesting idea (one which I like and would be interested to test) however it should not effect the puzzles in any way. People would scream if they got booched for their puzzle score due to bad bnav as opposed to bad puzzling.

As well, rather than removing a sailing token, I would have it reduce slightly the sail meter. Also have a checkbox (set by the bnaver rather than the gunners) on if they want a Garro or cannon ball generated in the gun puzzle. I would also proberbly have it so that there is only ever 2 garrow's avalible, 1 for each side of the ship... And if the 'garro' token happens to generate on your worst puzzlers board, or a board that already has that side of the board filled, bad luck until the puzzler either leaves the puzzle or they send it overboard to generate on somebody elses board.
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Nov 5, 2005 2:04:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Garthor

Don't have anything impact people's puzzles. I'd rather not have to choose between pillaging and an Ultimate in my duty puzzles.
Cleaver wrote: 
I've never been logged on, let alone on a ship.

[Nov 5, 2005 2:45:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GalileanFire

It's a nice idea, though suggested before.

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/wiki/Cannons_%28Idea_Links%29#Chain_and_grape

It'd be interesting for the sea battling.

Seasick
stepping in for Faulkston with the meta-linky
Seasick on every ocean except Hunter - someone beat me to that one.

Hi, I'm the Sig Virus. Please copy me and put me in your signature line as I cannot reproduce on my own!
[Nov 5, 2005 8:30:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates