• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1023 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Dragonlilly

A Suggestion For Those That Post In Technical Issues! Reply to this Post

I suggest those who post issues, post their computer info in their initial post.

Example: "My computer won't run the program. I get the error 'error message here'. I am using Win XP HE on a 2.4 ghz P4. Someone help please?"

I think this will help in many cases where we are all trying to guess how to fix the problem for the person but only can assume because each system is a little different. Also it may help the devs see what OS's have the most issues with Y!PP and java. (I realize you have done this to an extent but it might help for new issues.)

If this be a great idea maybe it could even be a sticky?

Thank you for listening.
----------------------------------------
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Sep 17, 2003 1:26:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
triskaideka

Re: A Suggestion For Those That Post In Technical Issues! Reply to this Post

Dragonlilly wrote: 
If this be a great idea maybe it could even be a sticky?

I think that's a good idea. Better yet, maybe an Ocean Master or developer could give us a more detailed post on all the information they'd want from someone submitting a technical issue.

On a related note, How to Report Bugs Effectively is recommended reading for any beta tester.
[Sep 17, 2003 1:54:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Poseidon
OceanMaster

Re: A Suggestion For Those That Post In Technical Issues! Reply to this Post

Unlike alot of other games where you have issues with compatability of certain graphics cards or rough minimum specs Y!PP so far hasn't had issues that were particularly hardware specific.

That said whenever possible always describe your situation as fully as possible from the start.

-In that you can certainly add hardware specs and definitely Operating System.

-But also quote precisely the error messages you get, describe what you had done until that point (for instance did it fail installation first time and now you're installing on top etc)

-Are you running applications in the back

-Did it use to work just fine and what did you do (if anything) that its now causing problems.

The more the better!
----------------------------------------
[Sep 17, 2003 2:32:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates