• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 896 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
VPeric

Copying problem Reply to this Post

I have two computers connected in a LAN. I have downloaded Yohoho on one of the computers. I can't copy the game files to the other computer. When I do, it says that some shortcut doesn't exist. When I try to start the Windows part of the setup I downloaded separately, and THEN copy the files, it still needs to download the "media files" and since this would take about 2 hours... I simply don't have that much time. Huge thanks to anyone that helps me.
----------------------------------------
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Sep 16, 2003 8:39:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Re: Copying problem Reply to this Post

When I do, it says that some shortcut doesn't exist.

I'm not certain I'd be able to help in this endeavor, but exact error messages are extremely helpful.

atteSmythe says, "Don't just click OK!"

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Sep 17, 2003 1:15:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
mlk

VPeric wrote: 
it still needs to download the "media files" and since this would take about 2 hours...

Which OS are you using?

Now assuming Win2K, open the folder

c:\Documents and Settings\<current user name>\
Then copy the .yohoho folder to
\\target_computer\c$\Documents and Settings\<user name>\
Quartermaster Bates of Mog's Marauders
♪♫♪♫
[Sep 17, 2003 12:01:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://pp.wetnet.tk    somegithasallmynormalusernames [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

Unfortunately, I cannot post the exact error message right now. The computer's monitor isn't working properly and it's too much of a hassle to exchange monitors... I'm going to post the message as soon as it gets fixed (prolly tommorow). I can tell ye all that the comp with the instaled Y!PP has Windows 98 and the other has XP. I'll post back with the error message as soon as possible. I'm very thankfull for everyone's help.
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Sep 17, 2003 10:05:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates