• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 211
Posts: 211   Pages: 8   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 69966 times and has 210 replies Next Thread
plinkster

Pirate(s) Seeking Crew(s)

I noticed Cobalt had no such thread, so I figured it would have to start somewhere.

I've recently gotten bored of the solo crew life and am looking to join a slightly more active crew. I have moderate stats, some small skill handling a sloop, and am more than happy helping people improve in any area of puzzling.

I'm willing to try any crew, large or small. Should I receive more than one offer, would try them both for a short period of time before making a decision. Feel free to drop me a PM.

Thanks,
Sneako

Stickied. -Lelantos
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Lelantos at Apr 10, 2006 3:52:32 PM]
[Oct 18, 2005 7:38:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DragonRage

Re: [Cobalt] Pirate(s) Seeking Crew(s)

lawlz snee Co. u sux i pwn u in teh face and kill all crew u joyn.

Nah, not really. Join up with the Fortune Cookies because... eh... well, because I'm there. That's a good reason, right? ...Right??

Phade,
And we have some nice people too, just to balance me out. =P
Like, up in Canada, it's cold as a bastard! Out in Seattle, it rains like bastard! Down in Texas, it's muggy as a bastard!
[Oct 18, 2005 7:41:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Preacher+of+Pie [Link]  Go to top 
plinkster

Feel free to drop me a PM.

WhileI enjoy reading responses to my own thread, please, just drop me a PM if you're interested in having me :)

Sneako
[Oct 18, 2005 7:51:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meow123_456

Wrong thread phade, click here!
Oxbridge of Hunter

Guess Who wrote: 
Pillaging Sucks.

[Oct 18, 2005 7:55:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=209719 [Link]  Go to top 
DragonRage

It was a direct reply to Sneako, not an ad for everyone to join.

Phade,
I know how to read sticky topics.
Like, up in Canada, it's cold as a bastard! Out in Seattle, it rains like bastard! Down in Texas, it's muggy as a bastard!
[Oct 18, 2005 7:59:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Preacher+of+Pie [Link]  Go to top 
yorkyblue

I noticed Cobalt had no such thread, so I figured it would have to start somewhere.

I've recently gotten bored of the solo crew life and am looking to join a slightly more active crew. I have moderate stats, some small skill handling a sloop, and am more than happy helping people improve in any area of puzzling.

I'm willing to try any crew, large or small. Should I receive more than one offer, would try them both for a short period of time before making a decision. Feel free to drop me a PM.

Thanks,
Sneako

That's strange. I was going to ask you to join up in your solo crew today.

Yorkyblue
Also looking for a crew
a Song for the Deaf.

Rissymay wrote: 
I was taking a state capital quiz, and I got my own state wrong.

[Oct 18, 2005 8:09:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soulja

GET OUT OF COBALT WHILE YOU STILL CAN.
Nemesis wrote: 
Please remove your current signature as, out of context, it is inappropriate.

Idaa wrote: 
people like you are why the world is such a mess and hope you don/t spawn more kids

[Oct 18, 2005 9:51:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hodgdon

Hmm... that sums this post up.
Hodge, the man who forgot how to puzzle.
[Oct 18, 2005 10:08:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dianarama

I disagree. I have really enjoyed being on the Cobalt ocean. We have watched the evolution of a new server, and the server is still growing. The developers have been careful to not open too much of it too quickly, it's been open for over six months now and they are just opening the new archs! I think it's a very exciting time to be part of this ocean, and I think there's a lot to learn and explore still left on this server. I have a great crew, and have had the pleasure to meet some really fabulous mates. I think it's a pretty great place to be.

However, back to the reason the thread was created.
Dianarama
Sweet Pillage and Mayhem (SPAM)
Rumsfeld said: SPAM is Cobaltian fer Style
Topsecret said: Utahian women are notoriously dangerous
Mostly retired.
[Oct 19, 2005 7:40:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rubirubia

Thanks,
Sneako

Sneaks, seriously. Moderate stats? "Small" skill handling a sloop? Pssssssh....
Bloodymaddy wrote: 
yeah im so booched today

Las cosas mas raras pasan asi, de pronto.
Sebille | Moogles of Mayhem | I don't remember the flag...
[Oct 19, 2005 7:48:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    witty_indecision    rubirubia [Link]  Go to top 
Crotty

Yeah, he left out humble.
[Oct 19, 2005 7:54:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raykun

I disagree. I have really enjoyed being on the Cobalt ocean. We have watched the evolution of a new server, and the server is still growing. The developers have been careful to not open too much of it too quickly, it's been open for over six months now and they are just opening the new archs! I think it's a very exciting time to be part of this ocean, and I think there's a lot to learn and explore still left on this server. I have a great crew, and have had the pleasure to meet some really fabulous mates. I think it's a pretty great place to be.

However, back to the reason the thread was created.

Not to mention that it's the home of the bestest most wonderfulest and funestest crew evah!
(Sweet Pillage & Mayhem...the best donut on the tray)
[Oct 19, 2005 5:36:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

um... wft? /em hits Sneako over the head and drags him off.
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Oct 19, 2005 11:18:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mark_NL

I'm looking for a crew which is planning to get their own island, so we can have our own shops on it.
I already had a shop on Azure, so I know how it's like.

ingame name: Marknl
[Oct 21, 2005 12:00:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cirofren

A question to the pirates of Cobalt

Ahoy thar,

I have just started playin' again after a spell.

I've been jobbin' with a fair few crews by now and am starting to gain the lay o' the land here in Cobalt.

What I be wonderin', mateys, is if thar be a crew on this ocean that is somewhat decisive in its selection of pirates.

A common sound to my ears after a pillage seems to be "Anyone who wants to join the crew just ask!". Now I ain't saying this be a bad thing. Nothin' of the sort. Many new pirates be needin' a crew to show 'em the ropes, like the ol' PPA on Azure used to do.

I ain't looking fer a crew that'll kick a poor sod if he can't get straight incredibles. But I do be lookin' for one that's mature, skillful, and most importantly, piratey!

If ye be a member of such a crew, or know of one, be sure to contact me. Ye don't need to be an established crew either. Ye can form tomorrow fer all I care so long as ye've got what I be lookin' fer.

Well, I've been exercising me lungs more than expected. If ye do know of such a crew, we can discuss the rest outside o' this thread.

And ter the rest of ye, fly fast and hit hard!
You suddenly feel unseen eyes peering at you from just beyond the darkness, and that's when you hear it; "Yar." Then the glint of a steel hook. Your last thought before the cool metal slides between your ribs is "Pirate ninjas? The hell?" - Sosa
[Nov 3, 2005 7:08:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

Re: A question to the pirates of Cobalt

cirofren, what is your ingame name? Contact me (gothmog), and we can speak :)
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[Nov 7, 2005 6:00:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

What I be wonderin', mateys, is if thar be a crew on this ocean that is somewhat decisive in its selection of pirates.

Yer more than welcome to job with us. We do require this so we know if we fit well together before we hire more permanently. Just contact any Fortune Cookie officer in game.

Edit: Dang typos!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Synful at Nov 7, 2005 11:57:57 PM]
[Nov 7, 2005 11:56:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dale7

While we do require everyone to sail with us before we crew them we do crew true greenies. But we are a 18 and older crew. we tend to get alittle rowdy at times but it's all in fun and we'd love to have you check us out sometime. Just look for any Dragon Riders officer to take a ride on the wild side. And Sneako come see me sometime soon
Fullboat Senor Officer- Gods of War - Retired -Midnight
Semi-retired CCC member
Violet Pirate Captain: Happy Shiney Bunny Brigade

Venom flag officer chats, "Suranthae will eat your babies
[Nov 8, 2005 7:13:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Dale7champ94@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Nicks94

Ok.....it says Cobalt is a subscriber only ocean. So i can play it as a greenie for longer than the free trial?
[Nov 14, 2005 6:35:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lelantos
OceanMaster

Ok.....it says Cobalt is a subscriber only ocean. So i can play it as a greenie for longer than the free trial?

With a recent update, we now have indefinite free trial periods. Read more about it by clicking here.
[Nov 14, 2005 6:41:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Thanks be to Lelantos who presumably stickied this thread. It is now easier to find!

Faulkston,
:-)
[Nov 14, 2005 6:44:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
query

I'm looking for crews for my pirates on Cobalt. I'd prefer a crew that is willing to let my pirate be an officer, even though I'm not terribly active on Cobalt (Midnight is my main ocean). Even though I'm not going to be extremely active, I would like to sail my ships (which is the reason I ask for a minimum of officer rank). I am willing to pillage and get to know my crew mates there, so I'd like the crew to be pretty stable.

My first choice of crews would be secondary crews from Midnight, but that isn't necessary. So long as the crew is fair, I'll be happy. Recently I've been wanting to get my stats up on Cobalt, so I am looking at being far more active over the next few months than before. Mostly, I'd like to be able to mem the ocean over there.

So, either catch me on Cobalt as Seahag, or Xiaohu, or PM me here with any offers.

Crew found. Thanks for the other offers though! If you want someone to pillage with you, I'm always open to that. Just send me a tell in game, or leave me a PM here with the time.
If I weren't such a refined lady, I'd beat the crap out of you. ~ Doris Wodsworth/Washington/Waverley/Wilgus

[Edit 1 times, last edit by query at Dec 9, 2005 9:01:34 PM]
[Dec 8, 2005 1:26:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.riddlersrealm.com [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

Looking for a nice crew. Probably won't pillage, but will docktart. PM me.

-Wlada

EDIT: Defining nice crew: People in it know spelling and grammar, and there's a reasonable amount of people in the crew (ie. no 10 man crews). :)
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by VPeric at Jan 16, 2006 11:09:30 AM]
[Jan 15, 2006 2:28:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lonni24

-Wlada

Wlada!!!

Join us =)

Legend Raiders. ;-)
Superman for Judit

Batman for Hungary
[Jan 16, 2006 2:44:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kestrel659

I've been playing on Cobalt for a little over a month and I've dabbled in a little of everything. I strated a Crew and flag with a couple of friends and I even owned a stall. (I don't think it lasted long enough for me to pay rent) Anyways after a while I got bored with only being able to pillage on sloops and cutters usually by myself and only raking in about 1k per battle.

So I moving on. I want to find a crew that has a lot of great pirates at the top who really have a good idea of whats going on and are around a lot and never to busy to answer questions (with in reason of course I know people have lives outside of PP) but I ask a lot of question and I'm usually listen well to what others have to say. I never recieved an actual officer training but I'm an okay pillager so I want to find a crew that can quickly fill in the gaps, and train me in stuff I haven't learned like pillaging on larger ships.

I really want to join an active crew who particpate in war and blockade frequent pillages etc. But after I prove my self I'd like a crew that has room for me to take an active role in making decisions for the crew.

I've thoguht about this change for a while and even though I'll be leaving a crew were all the head people live in my neighboorhood I think I'm not living up to my full piratey potential and maybe I take a stab at my own crew another time.

Contact me if I sound right for your crew my pirates name is Walleyed and I like to talk to you before joining thanks.

found one
I was a Drell. I was a Drifter. I was a Coaster. I was part of The Gang. I was a Bar-Kay
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kestrel659 at Feb 13, 2006 8:54:23 PM]
[Jan 22, 2006 8:45:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

-Wlada

EDIT: Defining nice crew: People in it know spelling and grammar, and there's a reasonable amount of people in the crew (ie. no 10 man crews). :)

*looks at you*

You *KNOW* you have a spot with us. And you *KNOW* we'd welcome you without hesistation. What are you waiting for?
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[Jan 22, 2006 9:04:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Looking for somebody to adopt Teeg on Cobalt... right now I'm in an event crew, but I'd like to start playing more on Cobalt. However, given the choice between running the navy treadmill for a third time (Sheilagh, Peeteegee, and now Teeg), or hoping my forum connections will find a place for me... well, here's hoping for the latter :)

I can get consistant Increds on Sails once I'm up to Renowned-GM level or so (It's difficult when you have fewer blocks to play with), and unless I'm having a baaad day with a hammer, Excellent carpentry is also negotiable. My gunnery is competent if unexceptional, my bilging is quite pathetic, and my bnav is weak, but I have extensive experience in jobbing contactery, both for large pillages and blockades, and I'm extremely willing and eager to help with greenie or officer training.

If you're my ideal crew, you've got a mix of new and old people, do pillages on both small and medium boats (or are in a flag who can and does load up the occasional WB) but aren't absolutely ZOMG MASSIV WE HAV 351 CABIN BOYZ LOLZ, and don't bother with any of the gimmicky stuff. (For example, if you've got official crew colours, I'll probably run very, very, very fast in the opposite direction.)
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ponytailguy at Mar 11, 2006 6:10:07 PM]
[Mar 11, 2006 6:04:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dale7

Looking for somebody to adopt Teeg on Cobalt... right now I'm in an event crew, but I'd like to start playing more on Cobalt. However, given the choice between running the navy treadmill for a third time (Sheilagh, Peeteegee, and now Teeg), or hoping my forum connections will find a place for me... well, here's hoping for the latter :)

I can get consistant Increds on Sails once I'm up to Renowned-GM level or so (It's difficult when you have fewer blocks to play with), and unless I'm having a baaad day with a hammer, Excellent carpentry is also negotiable. My gunnery is competent if unexceptional, my bilging is quite pathetic, and my bnav is weak, but I have extensive experience in jobbing contactery, both for large pillages and blockades, and I'm extremely willing and eager to help with greenie or officer training.

If you're my ideal crew, you've got a mix of new and old people, do pillages on both small and medium boats (or are in a flag who can and does load up the occasional WB) but aren't absolutely ZOMG MASSIV WE HAV 351 CABIN BOYZ LOLZ, and don't bother with any of the gimmicky stuff. (For example, if you've got official crew colours, I'll probably run very, very, very fast in the opposite direction.)

If you want a fun crew that runs small medium and LARGE pillages. Aren't full of rock stars but are quite good at what we do Teeg just look up any officer of Dragon Riders and give us a test run. We almost always have a ship or 2 out as the crew and flag spans all the major time zones world wide. We're not stuck on our stats. we play for fun and profit. Just tell any of my Officers I sent ye over if I happen not to be online at the time.
DL
Fullboat Senor Officer- Gods of War - Retired -Midnight
Semi-retired CCC member
Violet Pirate Captain: Happy Shiney Bunny Brigade

Venom flag officer chats, "Suranthae will eat your babies
[Mar 11, 2006 8:56:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Dale7champ94@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
xsniperx

Ahoy!

Teeg the Iron Armada needs you!

Also that goes for anyone intrested in joining. Right now we need Officers! We have tons of ships and no one to sail them. Send a tell to Artillery.
STUD

ON THE MALA...SOMETHING OCEAN
[Mar 17, 2006 5:26:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lonni24

We do quite the bit you need mate. Legend Raiders contact one of the mates, or myself :D
Superman for Judit

Batman for Hungary
[Mar 20, 2006 11:01:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 211   Pages: 8   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates