• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2830 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Purplenoggin

Seeking Fun and Antics and Purpose and Fun! ((Cobalt))

Avast!

So it all seems to be well and good but - where be the enthusiastic pirateers? I seek fellow crewmates with a gift for gab and a slew of battle cries and weird traditions and pineapple-hunting abilities and chutzpaaaaaargh...

Ahem. And! While we're at it! I need a greater purpose! Like cornering the pineapple industry! Devising the best shanties! Holding rock-paper-scissor tournaments! Discovering new things! Having parties! Et ceteraaaaargh!

Help?

Yours truly,

Purplenoggin

(( Role playing? Antics? Fun? ))

((Cobalt))
[Oct 11, 2005 9:25:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
quiglin

Re: Seeking Fun and Antics and Purpose and Fun! ((Cobalt))

Will you please be more specific as to what you looking for?

If you are in a crew recruiting pirates on Cobalt, use this.

Otherwise, are you looking for Cobalt excitement? storyline?
If so, look no further than yourself for helping develop it, or check out the Events forum for more ideas.
[Oct 11, 2005 9:29:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.quiglin.com    bquiglin    bquiglin [Link]  Go to top 
Lonni24

Will you please be more specific as to what you looking for?

If you are in a crew recruiting pirates on Cobalt, use this.

Otherwise, are you looking for Cobalt excitement? storyline?
If so, look no further than yourself for helping develop it, or check out the Events forum for more ideas.

I think he is looking for us.

Meet us up on Cobalt, Hunlimo, and the Legend Raiders.

We also get bananas. :)))
----------------------------------------
Superman for Judit

Batman for Hungary
[Oct 11, 2005 11:42:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

I think he's looking for Jesus.
[Oct 11, 2005 2:05:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chewyshoe

Jesus will find him in his hour of need. Or he will find Jesus, I forget which.
Funny exam answers | Free online contests
[Edit 1 times, last edit by chewyshoe at Oct 11, 2005 2:44:15 PM]
[Oct 11, 2005 2:42:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Purplenoggin

I'm looking for fun.
- Comrades that love joking and banter and wild schemes and outrageous traditions.

I'm looking for newbie guidance.
- Is it impossible to chat while puzzling? Isn't there a way around that?
- Does my skill at distilling matter for anything? Can I earn PoE, or something?

Basically, I'm really good at some of the puzzles, but this is secondary to my main interest: a fun pirate life! Does anyone really get into the role and the frenzy and fun? Does anyone role play?
[Oct 12, 2005 4:22:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tarf

Found him! I believe he's a subscriber, too? On Cobalt if you're still looking for Him... :P
The Pirate Formerly Known as Tarf
Retired and/or Drunk
[Oct 12, 2005 5:00:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cedricshock

- Is it impossible to chat while puzzling? Isn't there a way around that?

Press [Esc]

- Does my skill at distilling matter for anything? Can I earn PoE, or something?

It makes you better than me!

Does anyone role play?

Some people do sometimes, I wish more of us did. When I try to it seems I just confuse people.
Sweetums

Cleaver wrote: Crashing Puzzle Pirates with your giant rack just isn't a good user experience for anyone.

[Oct 12, 2005 10:15:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Well, yes. The higher your skill at any of the labor puzzles (distillery, apothecary or shipwrightery), the more poe you will earn. Most shops have a labor price based on the skill you exhibit performing that puzzle. If you can only score fair, you may earn 20 poe, but good could be 30 and excellent might be 40 (these wages vary by shop/stall and by ocean). Also, some distilleries are very desperate for expert labor and may even be willing to pay you a bonus beyond their wages for guaranteed expert labor, so check around.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Oct 12, 2005 11:37:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Purplenoggin

Help! I'm not finding a fun and meaningful experience!

Without fun banter and role-playing and purpose, isn't this all just obsessive-compulsive bean-pushing?

Who has fun with good people? How do I get involved? What about "parties", for example? Does anyone make fun events out of that?

A masquerade?

A treasure hunt?

A duel for a lady's honor?

A boat race that will decide who swabs who's deck for the next week?

A pineapple hunt?

An interior decorating school?

A fashion contest?

Et cetera?

PS - My new pirate is "Plantain".
[Oct 13, 2005 5:41:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bigbeltbart

Events!
Melanthe
[Oct 13, 2005 5:49:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Not only events, but start checking around with larger flags/crews! Many of the bigger crews and flags host their own events quite regularly...and although they love new blood when you join their crew for the fun events, MOST of them don't require you leave your old crew.

Take Pirates of the Damned, my crew, in the flag Crimson Tide. We usually have a fun event oh...every week, at least one. We post in our crew/flag forums, but most are open to the ocean. We've had whisking parties, memming parties, we had a crewmate do south park pictures of everybody and you had to guess who they were...one of our former crewmates had a huge party week, we do themed pillages, our flag regularly schedules fun pvp matches with other folks in our own flag (so you have the fun of PvP knowing your teams are fairly even and you won't lose a ton of poe)...We do birthday pillages and quite a few of our members host huge parties for their birthdays with free tournaments and such...I hope I don't insult anybody by leaving their great event off this list, but I'm still sleepy =)

So, start by making a list of the bigger flags out there, and try signing up as a guest on their forums. Now and then check them out for fun events. I'll get you started, ours is at www.thecrimsontide.org/forum/

I know there are a few other flags out there that operate similar to us, I just don't have their forum links memorized, I'm afraid. Maybe they'll have somebody post here =)
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Oct 18, 2005 6:15:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates