• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 58
Posts: 58   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4210 times and has 57 replies Next Thread
Minthe
Minion of Evil

"Who Wants to Be Hades' Governor?" Entry Commentary Reply to this Post

Here's a thread for you to post comments on the entries, if you want. Go ahead and peruse the entries.

Contest rules here.
[Oct 6, 2005 9:11:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

This one made me laugh Reply to this Post

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=435178#435178

Lmao. Seriously Lmao.

Finally I will send the navy East and South East to find new, as yet undiscovered islands to expand Hade's Empire. And we will conquer these islands because it is best in life to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

Sadly, I don't think you can do this.
----------------------------------------
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Oct 6, 2005 11:05:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Cannot board the ghost ship Reply to this Post

Mortals cannot board the ghost ship. OM's have told me that they cannot even wisk a mortal onto the ghost ship. (Having previously been wisked into an unaccessable location and gotten a database permissions error, I can believe it.)

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=436566#436566

Dylan wrote: 

[Oct 6, 2005 11:07:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Kaibaman2004

Re: This one made me laugh Reply to this Post

Lmao. Seriously Lmao.

Finally I will send the navy East and South East to find new, as yet undiscovered islands to expand Hade's Empire. And we will conquer these islands because it is best in life to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

Happily, you're correct.
Midnight: Hidendra
[Oct 6, 2005 11:54:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidendra_7    Hidendra [Link]  Go to top 
Flib

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=436566#436566
this one was definitely funny because most of the things on that aren't possible without a ton of new coding from the devs. and i don't think they would want to do that just for one person becoming a governor

-flibber
slightly amused
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
Prometheus says, "Arr! UPS"
[Oct 6, 2005 12:02:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Johnnyrico

Lmao. Seriously Lmao.

I realize this can't be done... yet ;)
I just figured this may be a way of having a few more islands added to the East side of the Ocean, as poor Sak seems to be off in Noman's land there. It was said you should be able to implement the plan without OM help, but obviously this would require OM support and then some (cue the developers). Anyhow, I just wanted to try and explain why I put that as part of my plan.
J.
Evony
Dark Warriors
[Oct 12, 2005 6:33:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
quiglin

Re: "Who Wants to Be Hades' Governor?" Entry Commentary Reply to this Post

Loose Wins!
[Oct 12, 2005 8:33:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.quiglin.com    bquiglin    bquiglin [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

Loose Wins!

I'm glad I'm on Cobalt and don't have to compete with that as an entry. :p
Epimetheus
Retired

[Oct 12, 2005 9:39:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
av8tors32

Mortals cannot board the ghost ship. OM's have told me that they cannot even wisk a mortal onto the ghost ship.

Well its clear that the OMs can board and navigate the Ghost Ship. (as seen in blockades). As far as mere mortals, I dont know, but its certainly not a huge stretch to think this may be possible. The other way to go about "boarding" the Black Ship may be to change the graphic pointer for a specific GF, so that it looks like the Black Ship but to the game its just a GF.
AV
Dark Asylum, Cobalt

Want to insult me? Do worry, I already know what I am.
[Oct 12, 2005 11:02:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    av8tors32    av8tors32 [Link]  Go to top 
LongJohnGrey

Ajax once sent me into the "black underground" area on Jorvik. Why?

When I asked what was down there, I was told, "Adventure Islands. " But also that there wasn't anything to see yet.

I asked. Ajax wisked me down there.

I got database permissions errors. Could not even see what the room looked like. Had to wisk to home island to get back.

Do I think it's possible to be "on" the black ship? Probably. At least a /vwho would show the name.

Would you see anything? Could you even man a station? Nope.

Would you be in the sword fight? Good question.
Re: Market on Scurvy Reef:
Hypnos wrote: 
I didn't realize it was such a hot forage spot until I dropped it and three pirates showed up on the island in quick succession.
And it wasn't even 9 spaces from the arrow :-).
[Oct 12, 2005 2:00:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Loose Wins!

He has one of the more easily understandable entries..... how often do you say that about Loose :-)
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Oct 13, 2005 7:35:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Hempline

Damnation... how can I hope to win against Squid's proposition? It's bloody brilliant!
Hempline
Forever a Nameless Corsair
Island Designer
Hermit

omg welcum bak hmeplien we mist u

-Eurydice
[Oct 16, 2005 9:06:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Do I think it's possible to be "on" the black ship? Probably. At least a /vwho would show the name.

Mortals can't board it. It does exist as a ship. Demeter wouldn't lie to me...right?
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Oct 16, 2005 9:17:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaibaman2004

Gotagota wrote: 

Mortals can't board it. It does exist as a ship. Demeter wouldn't lie to me...right?

I believe the Gods can.. Hopefully. I can't find the image saying that Hades took it out one night...
Eh.

-Hidendra
[Oct 25, 2005 4:15:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidendra_7    Hidendra [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Hades, Demeter, etc aren't mortals per se.
Fronsac, human.

[Oct 25, 2005 7:47:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flib

the one thing i don't understand is why the OMs can board it but they can't whisk 'mortals' aboard...
surely it is pretty much the same code.....
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
[Oct 26, 2005 3:35:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Kaibaman2004

Gotagota wrote: 
Hades, Demeter, etc aren't mortals per se.

I know that... Hades is the brother of Zeus. After the overthow of their Father Cronus he drew lots with Zeus and Poseidon, another brother, for shares of the world. He had the worst draw and was made lord of the underworld, ruling over the dead. He is a greedy god who is greatly concerned with increasing his subjects. Those whose calling increase the number of dead are seen favorably.

Still works as a god.. And the rest are olympians (gods).

Are you god hungry?
Then this is what you're looking for.

Flib wrote: 
the one thing i don't understand is why the OMs can board it but they can't whisk 'mortals' aboard...
surely it is pretty much the same code....."

Remember, we're roleplaying like we're in the old times with the Olympians (The Gods.).
The OceanMasters (I should be saying gods, but what the heck..) probally can whisk mortals aboard El Pollo Diablo. But let's just stick to us not boarding it, I don't think we need too, only for fun.
;-)

-Hidendra
[Oct 26, 2005 1:42:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidendra_7    Hidendra [Link]  Go to top 
TheKillerPie

lol but most in that picture are men....
so
1 thing is sure some ppl have it all but some dont in other words.........
im homeless and poor :)
HAIL MY HOTEL/COTTAGE ON COLBIT
RENT IS 100 FOR A 3 DAY STAY!
[Oct 27, 2005 6:13:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Flib wrote: 
surely it is pretty much the same code....."

Remember, we're roleplaying like we're in the old times with the Olympians (The Gods.).
The OceanMasters (I should be saying gods, but what the heck..) probally can whisk mortals aboard El Pollo Diablo. But let's just stick to us not boarding it, I don't think we need too, only for fun.
;-)

The point that I had been getting at is that no, they can't. OMs and devs can board the ship. Normal characters cannot. Simple. Easy. I'm not entirely certain the why of it, except that as mentioned before you get an access denied error when someone tries to whisk you there. If I had to guess, I'd wager it's the same as when you're being whisked aboard another player crew's ship and you leave the crew before you get there. You get the same access denied error. Of course, you can't job to the crew that El Pollo Diablo belongs to, because there isn't anyone to offer you the job. So naturally, it wouldn't work. Curse me for trying to play along with the theme so some schmuck who has the same books I do can rattle off his impressive knowlege of basic Greek mythology.

Fronsac,
only really ticked now that he actually has to say what he's already said twice before in this thread in small, one syllable words so that it might be understood
Fronsac, human.

[Oct 27, 2005 10:20:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Of course, you can't job to the crew that El Pollo Diablo belongs to, because there isn't anyone to offer you the job.

Is that the only problem causing the database access problem? Why not hand the deed to Hades?

Or is one of his Alts holding it now? :-)

Dylan wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by BehindCurtai at Oct 27, 2005 10:40:10 AM]
[Oct 27, 2005 10:39:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Also, isn't El Pollo usually fully crewed? I *think* OMs can exceed the ship crew limit, but normal players cannot.

Vistr
~Thinks he heard that somewhere, but could be wrong.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Oct 27, 2005 11:41:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Also, isn't El Pollo usually fully crewed? I *think* OMs can exceed the ship crew limit, but normal players cannot.

If it's the type of ship I heard it is, then it very much exceeds maximum crewage at all times. Hadn't considered that. Interestinger.
Fronsac, human.

[Oct 27, 2005 3:02:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Vistr
~Thinks he heard that somewhere, but could be wrong.

The skullies just stand around without doing anything. On regular brigand ships, the bots are "puzzling" (much like navy vessles) but the skullies are lazy. The ship just seems to magically always have max tokens. At the time of observing it, the OMs were not able to take the helm (I think there was a skullie at the helm) however it seems that's changed over the year.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Oct 27, 2005 4:52:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

If it's the type of ship I heard it is, then it very much exceeds maximum crewage at all times. Hadn't considered that. Interestinger.

A GF with 100 skellies? Room for at least 50 more I think.

Dylan wrote: 

[Oct 28, 2005 3:17:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

War frigate actually. Or so says them what's seen the graphics it uses. Of course it's a class by itself, really.
Fronsac, human.

[Oct 28, 2005 3:49:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaibaman2004

Gotagota wrote: 
War frigate actually. Or so says them what's seen the graphics it uses. Of course it's a class by itself, really.

Yes...
I'd class it as 'Unknown', unless the Ringers have a name for it!

-Hidendra
[Oct 28, 2005 4:37:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidendra_7    Hidendra [Link]  Go to top 
Flib

i think they call it an el pollo diablo
:P

i have no idea what size ship it is personally.....

-flib
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
[Oct 29, 2005 1:41:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Kaibaman2004

Flib wrote: 

-flib

I said this earlier in this thread.. It's El Pollo Diablo..

Wiki too the rescue! http://www.puzzlepirates.com/wiki/Black_ship

-Hidendra,
Wiki.
[Oct 29, 2005 3:42:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidendra_7    Hidendra [Link]  Go to top 
TheKillerPie

well things i did not know hm well i hneed to read more.....
1 thing is sure some ppl have it all but some dont in other words.........
im homeless and poor :)
HAIL MY HOTEL/COTTAGE ON COLBIT
RENT IS 100 FOR A 3 DAY STAY!
[Oct 29, 2005 7:23:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flib

Flib wrote:

-flib

I said this earlier in this thread.. It's El Pollo Diablo..

Wiki too the rescue! http://www.puzzlepirates.com/wiki/Black_ship

-Hidendra,
Wiki.

i know but i was making a joke about it's class of ship....
nevermind...

-flib
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
[Oct 30, 2005 2:18:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 58   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates