• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 239
Posts: 239   Pages: 8   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16069 times and has 238 replies Next Thread
buggeroff42

Re: [Contest] Who Wants to be Hades' Governor? Reply to this Post

This might be a bit of a greenie question...but could someone tell me if there's one in Cobalt? If so...I might run for governor :)
[Oct 19, 2005 4:31:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

This might be a bit of a greenie question...but could someone tell me if there's one in Cobalt? If so...I might run for governor :)

From the first post:

He has taken control of Jorvik Island (Midnight) and Sakejima Island (Cobalt and Viridian) to establish his vacation home, but he doesn't know what else to do.

Smythe,
ctrl-c, ctrl-v
----------------------------------------

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Oct 19, 2005 4:58:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

We have changed Jorvik back to its original configuration. As mentioned previously there was a bit of a miscommunication which led to the change. Apologies to Napalm for the misunderstanding as well as everyone whose entry this would have affected. As I told Napalm, we will try to open this option in some form to everyone on the island after this contest if it still makes sense to do so. If you have further questions please either start a new thread or send me an e-mail or petition.
[Oct 19, 2005 6:31:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
misarris

Plan Title: The Eligean Fields Of Glory
Purposed by: Misarris of the cobalt Ocean

Hades being the Greek God of the underworld has decided to come above the earth’s core and enter into the world of Puzzle Pirates making Sakejima his new summer home. Remembering that he also must please his wife PERSEPHONE.

PERSEPHONE loves nature and things of beauty so my first plan as govern on the island would be to create a wonderful garden that the two could bask in their love for each as they vacation. Also this could become a nice place that weddings and events could take place at for a fee.
She also loves the sea so with the blessing of Poseidon, the God of the Sea, I would create and build a Vineyard overlooking the waves and cliffs of the island for the lovers. This wonderful home could also be used to host the events of the island.

On the more economic side, Hades, being the God of death, would have to have something to keep his craving down. So that pirate’s visiting his island don’t start dropping off this world and fading into the next. So I would create many Sword Fighting Tourneys and Brawls to show honor and sacrifice to the great god. Plus a nice Iron stall to meet the new demand for swords. Also once monsters are allowed into the game we could create his three-headed dog to continue guarding the entrance to his underworld kingdom. Starting a quest that worthy pirates could battle and risk their life’s for some great reward and honor thus bring more glory to the god and creating a higher rate of visitors to the island.

Going back to PERSEPHONE, since she is a beautiful woman. She would have to have a special weavery and tailors stall. In this stall maybe there could be a new color of fabric or a new dress that cannot be bought anywhere else. This would in turn create a nice source of revenue for the island as well.

I have also noticed that the island is in great need of nicer homes. As governor I would like to destroy the monopoly on Kirlin and allow cottages to also find their way to the soon to be beautiful island. Also as the island grows and more people begin to make it their home I would further advance the island to include town houses and vineyards.

As Governor I would also like to make this island feel a bit more at home by changing all shops names to something out of Greek mythology or to the underworld and different Myths Hades can be found in. Some examples might be

WeaveriesàThe Fate’s Thread
Tailors à Persephone’s Best Dressed
Distilleriesà Ambrose and more
Houses àThe Olympian look
Real Estate àEligean Fields a place of Paradise

The last part of my plan would have to be discussed with Hades nephew Aries, but I purpose that they would form a pact and not allow war to occur on this island but create a special secret blockade fleet to be used to increase Hades hold over his new domain of Puzzle Pirates. (that could also possibly leased out to other pirates that paid well)
[Oct 20, 2005 1:41:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FerdtheGREAT

NVM i got me question answered.
Ferdnand
[Edit 1 times, last edit by FerdtheGREAT at Oct 20, 2005 2:42:28 PM]
[Oct 20, 2005 2:29:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rnchairman@yahoo.com    jus24tin [Link]  Go to top 
Kaibaman2004

Plan Title: The Eligean Fields Of Glory
Purposed by: Misarris of the cobalt Ocean

Hades being the Greek God of the underworld has decided to come above the earth?s core and enter into the world of Puzzle Pirates making Sakejima his new summer home. Remembering that he also must please his wife PERSEPHONE.

PERSEPHONE loves nature and things of beauty so my first plan as govern on the island would be to create a wonderful garden that the two could bask in their love for each as they vacation. Also this could become a nice place that weddings and events could take place at for a fee.
She also loves the sea so with the blessing of Poseidon, the God of the Sea, I would create and build a Vineyard overlooking the waves and cliffs of the island for the lovers. This wonderful home could also be used to host the events of the island.

On the more economic side, Hades, being the God of death, would have to have something to keep his craving down. So that pirate?s visiting his island don?t start dropping off this world and fading into the next. So I would create many Sword Fighting Tourneys and Brawls to show honor and sacrifice to the great god. Plus a nice Iron stall to meet the new demand for swords. Also once monsters are allowed into the game we could create his three-headed dog to continue guarding the entrance to his underworld kingdom. Starting a quest that worthy pirates could battle and risk their life?s for some great reward and honor thus bring more glory to the god and creating a higher rate of visitors to the island.

Going back to PERSEPHONE, since she is a beautiful woman. She would have to have a special weavery and tailors stall. In this stall maybe there could be a new color of fabric or a new dress that cannot be bought anywhere else. This would in turn create a nice source of revenue for the island as well.

I have also noticed that the island is in great need of nicer homes. As governor I would like to destroy the monopoly on Kirlin and allow cottages to also find their way to the soon to be beautiful island. Also as the island grows and more people begin to make it their home I would further advance the island to include town houses and vineyards.

As Governor I would also like to make this island feel a bit more at home by changing all shops names to something out of Greek mythology or to the underworld and different Myths Hades can be found in. Some examples might be

WeaveriesàThe Fate?s Thread
Tailors à Persephone?s Best Dressed
Distilleriesà Ambrose and more
Houses àThe Olympian look
Real Estate àEligean Fields a place of Paradise

The last part of my plan would have to be discussed with Hades nephew Aries, but I purpose that they would form a pact and not allow war to occur on this island but create a special secret blockade fleet to be used to increase Hades hold over his new domain of Puzzle Pirates. (that could also possibly leased out to other pirates that paid well)

Please repost all entries here. This is the place to ask questions and too get answears.

Thank you,
-Hidendra
Midnight: Hidendra
[Oct 20, 2005 3:28:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidendra_7    Hidendra [Link]  Go to top 
TheKillerPie

My Plan: By Manokiller of Colbit Ocean
Plan Title: The Grand Plan
Date of being made: October 20, of 2005 at 6:55 PM EST Finished at 8:30 PM EST

My plan is to renovate the island into a Paradise for Hades And his wife, and any else who plans to inhabit the island or to Vacation there. I have studied and lived on Sakejima and thought where and how to place buildings and gardens for anyone to enjoy. My plan will need a little help for the OMs but only for Consultation and money problems other then that I would be mostly independent

This plan is very Feasible yet fun to do. I will try to build enough stuff to support those living on the island but still is very economic for those who come and live there or are just there on vaction. I will also do whatever I can in my power to make the game more fun for those who are having trouble playing the game. I will also as governor try and build Hades and for all those who play the game a very rare garden near the seaside so the players know that we care for them and want them to have as much fun as they can! Also In the garden we will place a stone that says "This garden was Dedicated and proudly given to Hades and his wife Persephone." I also think we should have something such as a piece of furniture or a piece of clothing that would be special that you only could get there. (But this idea is a little off the feasible thing) If I'm given the spot of governor ill try with all my power to do for the player and the OMs ill do what ever I can to make them feel like Sakejima is a home away from home. I will also hold 1-2 special contests a week so the players can look forward to something to entertain them but still is challenging. I will also hold a greenie and new players contests to show how to and to have fun with ppl who are about the same skill level.I will also play a new type of drinking game who ever drinks there way to winning wins!

Taxes is one problem with some ppl they ether hate it or "love" it so I propose to have a light taxation but a big enough to help the economy from crashing in to the ground. I also say that we should have a kind of loaning system like in Ice where lionizer loans out money to ppl and writing it down on a spread sheet or in the news box to have that would be nice but not to big of a luxury.

When I walk around Sakejima I see many things such as the need for more different kinds of homes, which some are only located on Kirin. A more stable economy that I believe that we should have a trading fleet which would also allow us to trade with our near by islands so none of us runs out of what we need. As dragons nest shows us we need a more diverse network of crews that work out of our port so that we also get the economy boost of crews buying supplies and the crews taking time off on the island. Also ill put myself behind all such as my plalce it will sit empty of my stuff so i can spend my money and time on other things then myself. If I'm given governor ill try to all my power to make this plan a reality and to also help this island out of the dark of the and bring into the light of the "modern" pirate island.

Also i will have (if he wants to) wherryd's help me also accomplish this dream!
Signed: Manokiller (aka: thekillerpie)
1 thing is sure some ppl have it all but some dont in other words.........
im homeless and poor :)
HAIL MY HOTEL/COTTAGE ON COLBIT
RENT IS 100 FOR A 3 DAY STAY!
[Edit 6 times, last edit by TheKillerPie at Oct 24, 2005 2:48:40 PM]
[Oct 20, 2005 5:29:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Krawkey

The laws for the island would be
greenie sheild inn
anti greenie denfience grid
lawn chairs
and lemonaide
and free stuff in shops
and lastly anti greenie laws

I hate greenies
A sailor of viridan, and many more soon, look for krawkey and darthblade :)
[Oct 20, 2005 6:57:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaibaman2004

My Plan: By Manokiller of Colbit Ocean
Plan Title: The Grand Plan
Date of being made: October 20, of 2005 at 6:55 PM EST Finished at 8:30 PM EST

My plan is to renovate the island into a Paradise for Hades And his wife, and any else who plans to inhabit the island or to Vacation there. I have studied pictures of Sakejima and thought where and how to place buildings and gardens for anyone to enjoy. My plan will need a little help for the OMs but only for Consultation and money problems other then that I would be mostly independent

This plan is very Feasible yet fun to do. I will try and build homes like estates, manors, and cottages on the seaside. Also I will try to build enough economy to support those living on the island but still is very economic for those who come and live there or are just there on vaction. I will also do whatever I can in my power to make the game more fun for those who are having trouble playing the game. I will also as governor try and build Hades and for all those who play the game a very rare garden near the seaside so the players know that we care for them and want them to have as much fun as they can! Also In the garden we will place a stone that says "This garden was Dedicated and proudly given to Hades and his wife Persephone." I also think we should have something such as a piece of furniture or a piece of clothing that would be special that you only could get there. (But this idea is a little off the feasible thing) If I'm given the spot of governor ill try with all my power to do for the player and the OMs ill do what ever I can to make them feel like Sakejima is a home away from home. I will also hold 1-2 special contests a week so the players can look forward to something to entertain them but still is challenging. I will also hold a greenie and new players contests to show how to and to have fun with ppl who are about the same skill level.I will also play a new type of drinking game who ever drinks there way to winning wins!

Taxes is one problem with some ppl they ether hate it or love it so I propose to have a light taxation but a big enough to help the economy from crashing in to the ground. I also say that we should have a kind of loaning system like in Ice where lionizer loans out money to ppl and writing it down on a spread sheet or in the news box to have that would be nice but not to big of a luxury.

When I walk around Sakejima I see many things such as the need for more different kinds of homes, which some are only located on Kirin. A more stable economy that I believe that we should have a trading fleet which would also allow us to trade with our near by islands so none of us runs out of what we need. As dragons nest shows us we need a more diverse network of crews that work out of our port so that we also get the economy boost of crews buying supplies and the crews taking time off on the island. If I'm given governor ill try to all my power to make this plan a reality and to also help this island out of the dark of the and bring into the light of the "modern" pirate island.

Signed: Manokiller (aka: thekillerpie)

Yawn... Please repost ALL ENTRIES FOR 'Who Wants to be Hades' Governer?' here!

Thank You!
-Hidendra
[Oct 21, 2005 2:14:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidendra_7    Hidendra [Link]  Go to top 
BrighidRaven

I be Shalimar within the Cobalt Ocean. Sakejima Isle be my home. I be a crewmember of the Inner Strength Crew, loyal pirate of the Great Captain Mattimeome.

What would I do if I were tae be govener of Sakejima, eh, lad? Well, first I would ensure I became governer. This would be nae easy. But it'd be fun. I'd start by ensurin' whoever was holdin' the isle knew who I be. Womanly charms and the right words can be quite beguilin'. Then I would ensure those not loyal to the lord o' the lands had their ships scuttled and their business suddenly had problems. Barrin' that, I would ensure the ones loyal had no problem makin' poe and the disloyal had problems with blockades an' embargoes. Once I was sittin' on the throne, I would make 'em all pay a fee, not to me, but to the isle's owner, skimmin' a bit fer me own use, fer livin' there and the free shacks? Aye, there'd still be free shacks... but they'd have to swear loyalty to Haes fer it. Loyalty, as yer seein' is the main key. Then ye do what is best, make the isle profitable. The more poe comin' in means more spent and more that can go to creatin' a bigger Naval fleet. Bigger fleet equals bigger advantage against smaller, less populated, and sometimes more populated, isles. Harder fer us to be defeated. And fer those who tried to stop us? Well... me as Governer, and bein' a very intelligent lass with a sharp blade. I think they'd get the point.

As fer runnin' the isle. As I said earlier, big Navy. I'd make sure the price systems were altered sae everyone had a fair shake at things. Cloth, Rum, etc. Though Poe ain't growin' on trees, ye got to earn it. The taxes would help run an' pay fer the Navy as well as a few other things like a bigger dock so more shipwrites could be there and spreadin' the land available fer houses a bit. Though jobs would be offered where they could work right fer the isle itself not just at private owned places so they could earn poe, especially the new lads an' lasses who just got their sea legs.
[Oct 21, 2005 5:14:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Sweet Bejeesus

NOW it's being blockaded?!

Or... oh, the Nelson dealie. Right.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Edit 2 times, last edit by ponytailguy at Oct 21, 2005 5:43:11 PM]
[Oct 21, 2005 5:36:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lmoney

My name is Lmoney, i am in the cobalt ocean.Im young and I may not have a collage's fancy paper but I want to keep the money and have reasonable taxes for citzenzins if they dont comply control other islands and charge unreasonable taxes over there.You will take all citizens collect the taxes and build the city up,pretty soon you will have the best island in the sea.So use my plan or not I know it is a good plan and I will make it appen one way or another.

p.s. i m i n g r a d e s c h o o l
[Oct 21, 2005 7:18:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BabyStar_Gol

First of all, if I was to become governor of Hades, I would make sure everyone that comes to Hades is equally satisfied (agrees with the laws that will be set aside for Hades citizens) with my decisions. The laws are as followed: No spamming on other’s properties unless permitted to. If wanting to make a statement or request ask your captain or ask or senior officer to send their statements or request to me if concerning the island so that I may let the citizens of Hades vote on their opinions. Last, no blockades on THIS Island. Who am I? I am Shadia a.k.a Shay who knows that she is strong, sophisticated, intelligent, and witty enough to become governor of Hades. I am a fleet officer in my crew “Pirates of the Forbidden” ready to become senior officer, I am a roomy with two others and I am planning to move to a house in Harmattan Island soon. I always wanted to become a governor so bad that I am trying to save my Poe to earn enough to try and buy an island (if possible).

I will give 500 Poe a week to the one I see who is helping the new users. When a request is brought up at my attention I will give the citizens (like the laws) the opportunity to vote. If someone is to have a problem they will inform me about it and will get the attention needed. Do not come up to me and ask for something because I will not give it to you unless you prove yourself to be needy. There will also be a secretary for the news or issues (statements, concerns, request, and questions) for when I am unable to get on…to deliver the answers or statements back to that person. I will save ship supplies and food for emergencies (for the ships that are connected to island). Debs will cost 1k-1.1k and tax will be 20 percent of the earnings of the shop owner or owner of home lots every 2 weeks so that they may save what they can for spare. There will be free shacks for those who can’t pay or is saving to buy a lot or bigger house. There will be a contest, which will be random, for the person that has the best looking house—interior design/inside of the house, the winner will get 2k from me and by me personally. And to add on… there will be a party at the palace randomly to invite people to apply as a citizen for Hades. I want the people of Hades to have fun and make themselves welcomed because when their happy…I’m happy! ? =: P!!! Thank You For Your Time Reading This
[Oct 21, 2005 8:13:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smish

so all we have to do is say wat we would do as govener????......hmmmmm ker me think...
Whipleash.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
[Oct 22, 2005 8:17:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smish

let** bad spelling day...
Whipleash.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
[Oct 22, 2005 8:17:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smish

if i was to become the govener of hades i would build cheap houses but not shacks so greenies could buy houses rather than shacks to use and make shoppes cheaper to buy so there are more shoppes to buy ships, clothes and things from and i will check around the island for people who are helping greenies and things and tell them to an OM i will listen to wat people say to make the isand a better place! :) :)

Whipleash on the viridian ocean!
Whipleash.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
[Oct 22, 2005 9:24:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flib

first of all: please don't double (or triple) post. please use the edit button conveniently located at the top of your post.
secondly:entries should be posted in the thread that is linked to in the first post.
i would post the link myself but i don't have it.

-flibber
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
Prometheus says, "Arr! UPS"
[Oct 22, 2005 10:26:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
thesea

[Contest] Who Wants to be Hades' Governor? Reply to this Post

As Governer I would lower taxes to 3% opening week. I will raise it to 5% it wont go any higher then that. It will open more shops and expand the island. I will use the extra space on the island for ship yards so the customer has more then 1 space to buy ships. The prices will not be overboard and will be somewhat lower then all other shipyards. There will be another furnishers shop. It will make more options for buying furniture open. I will open up a different kind of housing other then shacks more like Cottages, the pirates will get more housing space out of this. I would like to open another tailor shop with low prices for clothes aswell. I will not accept spamming and bad language. As for the island I will not make it look trashy. I will try my best to govern the island, and be successful at that.
Haha - Viridian Ocean
[Oct 22, 2005 10:56:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaibaman2004

I'm only am going to do this a few more times, this time in LARGER LETTERS!

REPOST ALL ENTRIES FOR 'Who Wants to be Hades' Governer?' here!

Thank You!
-Hidendra

Edit: Can an OceanMaster please sticky the contest entry thread? As some people may think this is for entries and have bad time finding the correct thread.
Contest entry thread can be found here.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kaibaman2004 at Oct 22, 2005 11:45:07 AM]
[Oct 22, 2005 11:38:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidendra_7    Hidendra [Link]  Go to top 
scupperer

I believe that we are all, openly or secretly, struggling against one or another kind of nihilism. - Ellen Willis
[Oct 22, 2005 11:52:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
wizz20

This is sorta out of place but is any of this happening on the colbolt ocean and when there is a govener for the colbolt ocean have them email me cause i want to run something by them my email is jteitelman@mac.com
[Oct 22, 2005 10:44:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
av8tors32

AV
Dark Asylum, Cobalt

Want to insult me? Do worry, I already know what I am.
[Oct 23, 2005 7:05:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    av8tors32    av8tors32 [Link]  Go to top 
Crystal

*snorts*
Crystalclaws of British Sea Power, Midnight Ocean
[Oct 23, 2005 1:34:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killermojo

arhhhh it be dyrad here
And i want to be the new governor for hades holiday island of sakejiimain.......
I hope to make it a fun island popular with all types of pirates
some of the plans include:

All stalls have to be renamed to be suitable for hades to visit when he is on hoilday.

More decoration placed around the island so people can explore the island to see what wonders have been put where ie. suit of amour at the outside of the inn or a romantic picinic spot of the pirate in love hiden away from the busy life of a pirate.

new range of houses
once new housing has finished construction
for best home or wackest colour design judging to be decided by a panel of three judes (because it is hades hoilday home you will never know when he might visit).

Have big tourine that is avaliable for local people, only then the top 40 from tournie are invited to palace for a private tournie with big prizes.

start a pirate run
pirates have to sail from a start point and get goods and then sail to the island. the Winner is the fastest in case of a tie the one with the most goods left gets the free sloop (or whatever prize is on offer) mind you, if you really want the prize you could always organize other officers from your crew to attack your competitors ...you are a pirate after all.

Try to have a greeter at the inn at all times ( poeple love to talk to them).

Weddings
once a month a radom local couple who wish to get married will be treated to to a humdinger wedding party with clothes for the bridal couple at the palace with tournies and some random furniture to help the blissful couple settle in to a home.

For the first month all stalls get some exclusive prizes that will be given away randomly to customers, for example Shipbuilding stall 2 sloops have a figure head in the form of our lord Hades or Skull mugs that have a patch over one eye.

A maze race
Under the palace where the minator live if u can beat him in the race u get the prize but be aware there might be a skellie around the corner

A monthly amputation party, come along and u might lose a limb

Some of the ideas I have listed above are just for fun and to create an island that would be fun to explore and live the pirate lifestyle , others are to raise revenue to help fund more exciting and hair raising ideas.

long live our lord
and may he visit often.
[Oct 23, 2005 7:32:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killermojo

arhhhh it be dyrad here
And i want to be the new governor for hades holiday island of sakejimain....... ( viridian ocean)
I hope to make it a fun island popular with all types of pirates
some of the plans include:

All stalls have to be renamed to be suitable for hades to visit when he is on hoilday.

More decoration placed around the island so people can explore the island to see what wonders have been put where ie. suit of amour at the outside of the inn or a romantic picinic spot of the pirate in love hiden away from the busy life of a pirate.

new range of houses
once new housing has finished construction
for best home or wackest colour design judging to be decided by a panel of three judes (because it is hades hoilday home you will never know when he might visit).

Have big tourine that is avaliable for local people, only then the top 40 from tournie are invited to palace for a private tournie with big prizes.

start a pirate run
pirates have to sail from a start point and get goods and then sail to the island. the Winner is the fastest in case of a tie the one with the most goods left gets the free sloop (or whatever prize is on offer) mind you, if you really want the prize you could always organize other officers from your crew to attack your competitors ...you are a pirate after all.

Try to have a greeter at the inn at all times ( poeple love to talk to them).

Weddings
once a month a radom local couple who wish to get married will be treated to to a humdinger wedding party with clothes for the bridal couple at the palace with tournies and some random furniture to help the blissful couple settle in to a home.

For the first month all stalls get some exclusive prizes that will be given away randomly to customers, for example Shipbuilding stall 2 sloops have a figure head in the form of our lord Hades or Skull mugs that have a patch over one eye.

A maze race
Under the palace where the minator live if u can beat him in the race u get the prize but be aware there might be a skellie around the corner

A monthly amputation party, come along and u might lose a limb

Some of the ideas I have listed above are just for fun and to create an island that would be fun to explore and live the pirate lifestyle , others are to raise revenue to help fund more exciting and hair raising ideas.

long live our lord
and may he visit often.
[Oct 23, 2005 7:36:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minthe
Minion of Evil

There's just over twenty-four hours until the deadline. Make sure you get those entries in.

Note, we won't consider any entries that are not posted to the entry thread. You can find that thread by clicking here.
[Oct 23, 2005 11:55:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uhhsuperman

When will you pick the winners?
Where?
[Oct 24, 2005 4:29:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hunghound

Lashed's Master Plan for Sakijima, Viridian Ocean. (2 free slots on this account)
Sakijima trembles and shakes and from there arises a volcano spewing lava (less than you'd expect). Once cooled this new mountain is hollowed out creating a cave/fortress reminiscent of the film Goonies; this will become the ruling home for Hades and the new core village known as Sakejima Center. Current shops and business will continue to exist but find themselves on the outside of the island fortress/mountain and not as easily accessible. The fortress will be a world of it own with a port entrance (replacing current one) and the shoppes primarily owned by Hades and myself. This process may take 2 to 9 months.

I, Lashed (or his alt), as governor will immediately reduce taxes by 1/3 thus allowing the shopkeepers and citizens of Sakijima to be able to afford lavish sacrificial gifts of fine clothing, potions, housing, etc. to please our Hedonic ruler. Shops filled from the sacrificial donations. This process may take 1 to 3 months.

Sakejima Center Shoppes
Dogma Temple -
Palace, Gift Donation Annex & Hall of Product Placement. Yes, Hades, myself and YHHP shouldn't be above such financial profiteering, we are pirates
Tailor Shop - Nether World's Nether Wear
Devil Brewery - Distillery
Crossed Skulls - Iron Mongers
Skellie-T Inn - for off duty skellies. Flesh visitor are tolerated at there. But annoy skellies or challenge them too often to SF you might lose your sword, booty or some of your stats. Removing your labor badge & taking your jobs is also one of their favorite tricks. Greenies not allowed.

Fallen Angels - Rarely given honor; bestowed on those privileged few whose donations and servitude have impressed Hades and myself. Horns may be bestowed on some for consistent long term service but will be invisible under a bandana or hat.

Pit of Despair - Annoying visitors might be forced into the Pit of Despair, a complex puzzle that they have to conquered before continuing in YHHPs. Repeated offenders get harder puzzles & those trying intentionally to be Pitted will be lost for 24 hours 1st offence, 48 hrs the 2nd , etc.

Housing -
Dante's Inferno - Upscale. Fallen Angels get Pit of Despair portal with purchase; just plank.
Brimstone Brownstones - Moderate
Lost Soul?s Y.P.C.A. - (Young Pirate's Carpentry Association) - Coffin shaped shacks.

Death?s Gate - (Hades Crew)
Flag - A second crew in Death?s Gateway Flag will be Death March and be assembled from alts of Crews and Flags throughout the Viridian Ocean. Only highest ranking and finest will be extended this offer; those who decline it ... are planked to the Pit of Despair. Anyone asking for advancement ... Pit of Despair
Death Warmed Over third crew, tournaments will determine members which MUST be full time regular players. Prizes : Positions on this crew ... Runner-ups, Pit of Despair

Long may our master Hades rule the netherworld and Sakejima
Lashed
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hunghound at Oct 24, 2005 4:56:49 PM]
[Oct 24, 2005 4:54:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minthe
Minion of Evil

The thread's been locked. I'd like to thank everyone who entered. It looks there are about 110 plans for us to go through and judge. It may take a bit of time, but we'll try to get it done as soon as possible.
[Oct 25, 2005 12:03:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flib

looking forward to finding out who has won!
i'm sure many of the plans were impossible but some were very feasable and very good. i just feel sorry for the jusdges
:)

-flibber
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
Prometheus says, "Arr! UPS"
[Oct 25, 2005 2:13:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 239   Pages: 8   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates