• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 239
Posts: 239   Pages: 8   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15852 times and has 238 replies Next Thread
Flib

Re: [Contest] Who Wants to be Hades' Governor? Reply to this Post

Now that my self-imposed ban from posting is over i would like to congratulate the winners!

I am looking forward to whatever happens on cobalt and i am just happy i got an honorable mention.

:)
-flib
----------------------------------------
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
Prometheus says, "Arr! UPS"
[Nov 9, 2005 9:30:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

In his plan, it says taxes will begin at 25%. He then says we have to join his crew to lower taxes and not just any alt, he wants the alts all to have broad stats in two puzzles. Then he says taxes will be lowered if 100 people make sakejima their home. I do not see anybody even wanting to remain at Sakejima let alone want to make it their home. Not many people are going to put their main characters in a part time crew. As for the other events, I am looking forward to them as I love events, but I'm just very concerned with the economy.

Also, one thing that bothers me as well. I'm not saying this is what he did, but this is what could have happened.

We were all told we had to lock our plans in by a certain date. Well, external webpages can be modified at anytime without anybody being the wiser. That is why the majority of us didn't make a webpage for their entries but posted them in this thread. Trust me, I could have made one with flash! Make it look real spiffy. But since we were locked into a deadline, the only real way of meeting that deadline was to post the plan in the thread. If the plan was laid out in the thread AND had the link to a webpage, that could possibly be a little different, but still, anybody can modify their webpages at any time without anyone being the wiser. I do not begrudge him for winning. He submitted his entry as we all did. I do, however, wonder about the judging.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Nov 9, 2005 9:35:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flib

i am lucky enogh to have two 'main' alts so i met avernus on the docks of sakejima and joined the crew
:)

-flib
trying to lower taxes....
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
[Nov 9, 2005 12:15:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
quiglin

Burnination for Jorvik
[Nov 9, 2005 1:28:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.quiglin.com    bquiglin    bquiglin [Link]  Go to top 
d4rk0n3

We were all told we had to lock our plans in by a certain date. Well, external webpages can be modified at anytime without anybody being the wiser. .

Web page was last updated:
Monday, October 24, 2005 7:41 PM 22435 plan.htm

so if he is in the US, it's 10:41 at latest.
If UK, he passed the deadline.

Quite honestly, his plan was pretty much limited to participation, and honestly don't see many people doing it. There are 2 inns I think for sale now and no one wants it.

If anything, this plan will make Sakejima less attractive.
[Nov 9, 2005 1:56:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FerdtheGREAT

If anything, this plan will make Sakejima less attractive.

In his plan, it says taxes will begin at 25%. He then says we have to join his crew to lower taxes and not just any alt, he wants the alts all to have broad stats in two puzzles. Then he says taxes will be lowered if 100 people make sakejima their home. I do not see anybody even wanting to remain at Sakejima let alone want to make it their home. Not many people are going to put their main characters in a part time crew. As for the other events, I am looking forward to them as I love events, but I'm just very concerned with the economy.

Also, one thing that bothers me as well. I'm not saying this is what he did, but this is what could have happened.

We were all told we had to lock our plans in by a certain date. Well, external webpages can be modified at anytime without anybody being the wiser. That is why the majority of us didn't make a webpage for their entries but posted them in this thread. Trust me, I could have made one with flash! Make it look real spiffy. But since we were locked into a deadline, the only real way of meeting that deadline was to post the plan in the thread. If the plan was laid out in the thread AND had the link to a webpage, that could possibly be a little different, but still, anybody can modify their webpages at any time without anyone being the wiser. I do not begrudge him for winning. He submitted his entry as we all did. I do, however, wonder about the judging.

Agreed and agreed. I thought the purpose of the contest was to make the island more attractive and more merchant friendly. His plan also states to lower taxes ye have to give him things, and also become a citizen. No ones going to want to become a citizen with those high taxes. Like Synful said ye have to join his crew for him to lower taxes. Pssh! Thats absurd. Why not do whats best for the island. I also dont like how the judges picked the "prettiest" entry. Shouldn't the judging be based on whats right for the island. I thought the ringers didn't want to screw up this island. Ye can quote from eairlier in the thread people saying "The judging going to take long because the ringers DON'T want to screw these islands up" and other things like that.

Thats my speech for now.

Ferdnand
tarting because hes pissed not because he lost...
Ferdnand
[Nov 9, 2005 2:18:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rnchairman@yahoo.com    jus24tin [Link]  Go to top 
Flib

i didn't read the post all the way and didn't even notice the thing about the ribbon.
now i am extra happy!

one thing...
My ribbon doesn't seem to be tradeable so i am guessing it can't go in trinket cases..

I don't really mind because i don't have a trinket case and don't intend to buy one but it came as a bit of a surprise.

Thanks anyway Minthe for a great competition and a great ribbon!

-Flib
Happy and thinking he posts too much
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Flib at Nov 9, 2005 2:49:29 PM]
[Nov 9, 2005 2:49:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
kmf

one thing...
My ribbon doesn't seem to be tradeable so i am guessing it can't go in trinket cases..

Hmmm, mine went into a trinket case. But it came straight back out again as it looks so much better on than a set of kidneys ^^
kmf
Looterati, Midnight Ocean
Painting Midnight purple, one ship at a time...
[Nov 9, 2005 2:56:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Mine is also in its case since my dolly stays with me now.

Remember, I did not say Avernus cheated in any way and after speaking to him on the docks, I realized that the taxes won't remain high for very long, but he does have to get some sort of income into the island to be able to do the activities. His plan wasn't too far off the mark from most of us, just worded differently.

I put an alt in his crew, found one with two broads. I am looking forward to the events of the island. Oh and trading to the island will get more merchant deliveries flowing, so he's right on target there as well.

The only reason why I brought up the external webpage is because if future events allow for this, then they need not to have a deadline or make some other changes to events.

Now, lets all have some fun and if ye have a stall on Sakejima, by all means pay yer rent soon!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Nov 9, 2005 6:43:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
brendan41

well done to everyone but im surprised mines didnt even get a mention can you tell how good mines was
Bejntam

Captain of Los Siete Mares

Prince of Killer Saxons
[Nov 10, 2005 12:44:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xceptopec

Congratulations to the winners, well done guys, and also a hearty well done to my fellow 'honourable mentions'. Judging this could not have been an easy task, there were a lot of very good entries to trawl though.

Buliwif (or see the sig below)
Captain Callam

Commander, The Children Of Odin
Prince - Forseti's Justice

Also - (The original) Cutter - (Azure) Ice, Midnight, Cobalt, Sage, Hunter.
[Nov 10, 2005 5:12:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ciphar

I think we should all just relax and stop saying stuff about his plan. My favorite plan out of all of them was Avernus' not just cause it looked good but it filled the ocean with a good story to go by and I would enjoy it if I didn't like Viridian so much. Also If you didn't get a Honorable mention then don't complain. Different people have different taste and if you didn't get one then just accept that Minthe's taste wern't in your taste's!
Hilden,
Fleet Officer of Fighting Freebooters!
Prince of Calico Jack

[Nov 10, 2005 10:47:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
brendan41

I think we should all just relax and stop saying stuff about his plan. My favorite plan out of all of them was Avernus' not just cause it looked good but it filled the ocean with a good story to go by and I would enjoy it if I didn't like Viridian so much. Also If you didn't get a Honorable mention then don't complain. Different people have different taste and if you didn't get one then just accept that Minthe's taste wern't in your taste's!

yea i do i was just wondering how mines was that was all srry if i seemed to be push but thats all and if the winner of viridian could contact me on viridian as bejntam for a quick word i would really appreciate that
Bejntam

Prince of Killer Saxons
[Nov 10, 2005 10:55:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ciphar

yea i do i was just wondering how mines was that was all srry if i seemed to be push but thats all and if the winner of viridian could contact me on viridian as bejntam for a quick word i would really appreciate that

Send him a PM! Your plan was good I must say and I too wander why you didn't get a Honorable mention! Well if you donate anything to Charun, he says he will reward you!
Hilden,
Fleet Officer of Fighting Freebooters!
Prince of Calico Jack

[Nov 10, 2005 1:36:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaibaman2004

Flib wrote: 
-Flib
Happy and thinking he posts too much

Nope, you don't. I think I post too much.

-Hidendra
Midnight: Hidendra
[Nov 10, 2005 1:48:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidendra_7    Hidendra [Link]  Go to top 
Squidbeard

Burnination for Jorvik

Deadline's already passed, dummy. Besides, I already posted that plan, and it was only a runner-up.
Squid
High Priest, Cult of the Red Mantis
[Nov 10, 2005 3:33:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
brendan41

Send him a PM! Your plan was good I must say and I too wander why you didn't get a Honorable mention! Well if you donate anything to Charun, he says he will reward you!

well do you think i could acctually carry out some of me plans with his help and island cos i really think it would be great and fun

and does any one know charun's main account
Bejntam

Prince of Killer Saxons
[Nov 11, 2005 1:50:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

Post entries to this thread.

I dont think that it was fair on other cobalters that avernus plan was put on a website. It alloweed him to edit even when others couldent.

As from the quote above which was from minthe it was reffering to the entery thread. Posting on a website and putting fancy graphics is a unfair advantage to him. Sure his plan had some good points but i think it was unfair to anyone who entered for cobalt and should of been void. Im sure there was better plans which were poste don the entery thread. Also i like to say congratz to virdian winner, that was a good plan. i didnt get to read midnight yet.
Im not a cobalter.
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by black_beard7 at Nov 12, 2005 2:55:11 AM]
[Nov 12, 2005 2:52:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flib

Post entries to this thread.

I dont think that it was fair on other cobalters that avernus plan was put on a website. It alloweed him to edit even when others couldent.

As from the quote above which was from minthe it was reffering to the entery thread. Posting on a website and putting fancy graphics is a unfair advantage to him. Sure his plan had some good points but i think it was unfair to anyone who entered for cobalt and should of been void. Im sure there was better plans which were poste don the entery thread. Also i like to say congratz to virdian winner, that was a good plan. i didnt get to read midnight yet.
Im not a cobalter.

i personally think people should stop tarting as it will not change anything but instead they should just say that in future contests websites should not be allowed.

-Flib
who could have done a fancy website himself but didn't
Flibber / Flib of Cobalt
[Nov 12, 2005 4:16:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.flib.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
d4rk0n3

#6-12 reveal personal data about another member--including but not limited to personally identifiable information about the member, administrative role of the member within a game, and information about game characters associated with the member--without the express permission of such member.

Read your Terms of Service. -Bia

Ironic, the disclosure of personal information including alts is what led to the formal petition being submitted as that information was used to restrict/grief the players involved.

There have been OVER 100 violations of this within the forums.
Several have included my character/personal information.

Enforce these as well.
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=410335#410335
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=433688#433688
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=440964#440964
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=410350#410350
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=433643#433643
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=464395#464395

No OMs intervened there....curiously.

Social favoritism should not be an in-game mechanic.
[Edit 9 times, last edit by d4rk0n3 at Nov 12, 2005 8:56:42 AM]
[Nov 12, 2005 7:55:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squidbeard

I still prefer d0rkw4d, actually. Reply to this Post

Can I make fun of Muffbeard here, or do I need to take it to Parley?
Squid
[Nov 12, 2005 9:49:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
d4rk0n3

Re: I still prefer Squidbortion Reply to this Post

Postcount++
Moroncount++

Bring it on.
[Nov 12, 2005 9:56:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ukronin

Re: I still prefer Squidbortion Reply to this Post

Postcount++
Moroncount++

Bring it on.

Word of advice.
Never EVER get in slanging match with Squid.
You *will* lose.
Starwind - Namelsss Corsairs, Looterati

Hermes says, "That's one"
[Nov 12, 2005 10:37:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    starwindtheloot [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

#6-12 reveal personal data about another member--including but not limited to personally identifiable information about the member, administrative role of the member within a game, and information about game characters associated with the member--without the express permission of such member.

By posting in here, we gave our express permission. Quit pettifogulizing.

Just a question for you, not trying to be rude here either, but why do you still play this game if you do not enjoy it? Everytime I turn around, yer complaining about something about the game. If I was so miserable in a game, I wouldn't play it anymore.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Nov 12, 2005 10:54:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squidbeard

You misunderstand, per usual Reply to this Post

d0rk0n3 wrote: 
Bring it on.

I wasn't talking to you, silly boy. I was asking the Muse if she'd prefer I "take it outside," as I believe most of us prefer to keep the creativity with the creativity, and the tarting with the tarting.

Which isn't to say that my little spat with you won't get creative...
Squid
[Nov 12, 2005 11:35:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
Thusnelda

Re: You misunderstand, per usual Reply to this Post

I wouldn't waste the time. If we're talking about creativity, poor chappie's trying to intimidate you with a phrase stolen from a) the president and b) a cheerleading movie. That's just wrong.
Madam, proud Looterata
Why are old people playing on this game i dont know its probly something to do with control but its kind of werd. Get a life or a girl friend or mabe even a wife but if your an adult that plays this game your a loser
[Nov 12, 2005 11:52:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
d4rk0n3

By posting in here, we gave our express permission. Quit pettifogulizing.

Just a question for you, not trying to be rude here either, but why do you still play this game if you do not enjoy it? Everytime I turn around, yer complaining about something about the game. If I was so miserable in a game, I wouldn't play it anymore.

Haha, once again synful, you are off the mark...

I posted the true Identity of Avernus, and Bia edited it and put that statement..

my edits were response to her actions.
[Nov 12, 2005 11:55:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tamsin

Dear gentle reader,

Please apply the word 'you' as needed, with salt to taste.

If you feel you've been wronged, it's beyond me why you'd do the same thing to another mate.

If you want to talk about whether or not the Terms of Service apply to the forums, and to what extent - take it to Parley.

If you want to insult each other, take it to PMs or better yet - save yer fire for the cannons.

If you feel you've honestly been wronged by an OMs actions, email support@threerings.net, as per here.

Please can we stop? It makes Baby Tamsin cry every time she sees a fantastic contest breed so many creative fun-to-view entries, only to meet its end with a bunch o' mud-filled tart slinging.
It's gingerbread and we love it.
[Nov 12, 2005 2:27:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

Since the competition is over and I believe the winners have started their own threads, I think this thread has reached its conclusion.
[Nov 12, 2005 5:30:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 239   Pages: 8   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates