• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1247 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
MrTrick

Wiki! Reply to this Post

There's a lot of information about how to play that isn't in the docs, and isn't in the forums (or if it is is very hard to find). The faq's are very clear and easy to understand, and that's great, but they are missing a lot of information. I know that the devs are hard at work, so I'm not going to beat up on you for it, I hate documentation too.

I can look in the forums and find plenty of advanced tactics, but it's difficult to find stuff if you don't know what to look for. (A natural bane of all search engines - we need a dwim() command)

[size=18]What about a wiki system?

Simply put: Let the testers (all of us) post tips and fill in faq's, so that the poor overworked devs don't have to.

Assign the person who currently does that sort of thing to overseeing the wiki system, and Bob's your second cousin twice-removed.

But wait: You say, how on earth could the devs find time to implement a complicated system like that?
Don't... just use the wikipedia.

What are your thoughts? Could something like this work? I think if someone first built a simple categorical framework (ie for each part of the game, then specifics, then basic skills and expert skills, or something like that). Poke holes in my argument if you can, I think this could be done.
[Sep 13, 2003 10:48:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Re: Wiki! Reply to this Post

We have the same sort of idea right now, with the stickies in each forum. There are all sort of different guides that players have written and the devs have stickied.
----------------------------------------
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 14, 2003 7:42:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Wik wik wiki Reply to this Post

We love Wiki's. Actually probably the first thing we would do would be Crew wiki's, followed by Flag and then global (you'd need permissions, though). We talked about it on the way to lunch a while back...
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
HuskyTed

Re: Wik wik wiki Reply to this Post

Cleaver wrote: 
We talked about it on the way to lunch a while back...

lunch and the toilet - the mother and father of all great ideas.
----------------------------------------
Llama's like candy coated bunny holding a daisy and a puppy in one hand and a kitten in the other nice -Misery

[Sep 15, 2003 2:33:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://bobthewonderllama.8m.com    bobthewonderllama    HuskyTed    2722224 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates