• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1683 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Krako

i cant get the game to run Reply to this Post

ive installed the game using the windows installer, but i dont know how to run it, the document tells me to reload my browser once its installed, but i dont see the game launch link anywhere! what do i do? i use windows 98.
[Sep 13, 2003 3:02:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mnemosyne
OceanMaster

Re: i cant get the game to run Reply to this Post

If your installation went properly, you should have a Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates folder in your start menu.

Check your \Program Files\Yohoho\ directory for a shortcut, too.
[Sep 13, 2003 3:20:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Krako

ive tried double clicking the shortcut already, nothing happens. when i try the link the shortcut was linked to, i got a error saying no JRE in configuration file.
[Sep 13, 2003 3:22:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mnemosyne
OceanMaster

It is possible that JRE (Java Runtime Environment) was not installed properly. This is a very necessary component required for Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates to run.

I suggest downloading the base JRE install, running that, and then trying to play Puzzle Pirates again.

You can download JRE here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

If it still doesn't work, try a reinstall of Y!PP after a successful install of JRE.
[Sep 13, 2003 3:34:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Krako

ive tried installing java, but it wont install for me, it says that the jz142010.cab file isnt there. what do i do?
[Sep 13, 2003 5:49:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mnemosyne
OceanMaster

If the JRE install you downloaded was the basic, ~1.4MB version, it may be failing to initialize a download of additional components. This would put a stop to the installation process.

If you are on a broadband connection, you can try installing the full version of JRE located here: http://java.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=8939

This should contain everything necessary for a complete JRE install.
[Sep 13, 2003 6:01:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Krako

ive downloaded it, but it says it has a error reading the setup initiation file, this is getting annoying indeed.
[Sep 13, 2003 8:14:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Krako

im starting to think that the only way to be able to get the java client is for someone else to mail their installer to me as a attachment, other than that, i could check CDs, but i doubt one of them will have java.
[Sep 15, 2003 2:34:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amberyl

Try doing the full download for offline installation, rather than trying to do the online install.

Offline install works for me (Win2K), but online install does not.

I also had to try it repeatedly, unfortunately, and one of the household computers (WinXP) required a total and tedious wipe of all Java-related components from the machines before it would install cleanly enough to run YPP.
----------------------------------------
Amberyl, SO, Cult of the Red Mantis, Looterati
Reading the forums a lot is like camping clue. --homullus
[Sep 15, 2003 3:20:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.black-knight.org/pp/    CyberLWL [Link]  Go to top 
guppie

sympathy.... Reply to this Post

i've been going through the same thing trying to put it on my second household computer for 2 weeks.... can't seem to get ANY web-based java program to run... I've tried (i thought) what amberyl suggested, but maybe i haven't gone far enough? any help from the programmers?

Jinia
Jinia ~a puzzled pirate since Sept 2003.
Retired Captain of the Crazed Mob
Retired Princess of Cold Steel
First and Former Governor of Wrasse
Beginning a new life on Sage!
[Sep 16, 2003 11:49:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kwewing@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
CaptinBullie

by chance are youn turing off your anti-virus program and defraging you hard drive first? boath can have a big hand in new program instals
MUNSTER
[Sep 17, 2003 12:50:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    wrang1_99    wrang15 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates