• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 582
Posts: 582   Pages: 20   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 42294 times and has 581 replies Next Thread
Cleaver
Captain

Pirate Party Dec 2-4 Key West Q&A

This thread is for Q&A and discussion regarding the announcement of our forthcoming Pirate Party on December 1-4 in Key West, Florida.

Please bear in mind that all details will be released within the next couple of weeks, when tickets go on sale!

Yarrr!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cleaver at Sep 17, 2005 2:38:15 PM]
[Sep 17, 2005 2:34:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Irelay

Re: Pirate Party Dec 2-4 Key West Q&A

Yarr.

Parties which I cannot attend sadden me but I'm sure there shall be loads of pirates who will be happy to hear of this! woot!
Irelay l Otherwhen l Water Sleeps
Mightnight Ocean pirate since August '04
[Sep 17, 2005 2:39:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Indeed

For questions? ok.

I love you?
Dmentia says, "It thrills me when Indeed is mean."
SomeIdiot tells you, "I am muting you, because you're unnormal, maybe you're hurt in real life"
Quoth Rubby, "There's something wrong with your brain."

[Sep 17, 2005 2:39:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.goonbunnies.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

Lol, is piratey costumes required? I don't do dress-up well :P
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[Sep 17, 2005 3:02:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Just show up in goth clothes and a Final Fantasy 3 (or 6...) shirt.
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Sep 17, 2005 3:05:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

The Saturday night party is 'No Costume, No Head' if you get my drift.

Dressing like a Pirate really isn't hard. Just get a frilly white shirt, or a stripey shirt, cut ragged ends on a pair of trousers, and wrap a pieces of fabric around yer middle.

There's a whole guide, here on the last party page;

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/news/events/party/2004.7.10/#dress
[Sep 17, 2005 3:08:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Amphitrite
OceanMaster

If you were planning to assign an Oceanmaster to beheading duty, I call "not it."
"People take on the shapes of the songs and the stories that surround them, especially if they don't have their own song." --Mr. Nancy
[Sep 17, 2005 3:14:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Indeed

'No Costume, No Head'

isn't that more of a threat to the guys?
Dmentia says, "It thrills me when Indeed is mean."
SomeIdiot tells you, "I am muting you, because you're unnormal, maybe you're hurt in real life"
Quoth Rubby, "There's something wrong with your brain."

[Sep 17, 2005 3:21:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.goonbunnies.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
jasandrea

If we don't wear a costume, we have to hold it all night?

Better not serve those folks any beer, then.
Jacquilynne
Elder Cod of The Yo-Ho Yo-Yos, Looterati
Ruby Arch: Where the brigands are Ultimate and the players used to be.
[Sep 17, 2005 3:30:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jacquilynne [Link]  Go to top 
ihope127

Dressing like a Pirate really isn't hard. Just get a frilly white shirt, or a stripey shirt, cut ragged ends on a pair of trousers, and wrap a pieces of fabric around yer middle.

There's a whole guide, here on the last party page;

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/news/events/party/2004.7.10/#dress

Does no clothes at all not wearing a shirt count?
No soy un número. ¡Soy un hombre gratis!
[Sep 17, 2005 4:38:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Party!

/me calls dibs a corner table
Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
----------------------------
[Sep 17, 2005 4:47:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thusnelda

Again, please let me know if there are any sorts of things I could do to help-- signs for airport? Packing bags of swag? I'm your gal.
Madam, proud Looterata
Why are old people playing on this game i dont know its probly something to do with control but its kind of werd. Get a life or a girl friend or mabe even a wife but if your an adult that plays this game your a loser
[Sep 17, 2005 4:47:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

Eish well is there list to put your name upon, with over 10,000 pirates playing and only 150 pirates able to go I am not sure if there will even be room by the time I can sign up. I really wish to go but please it would be nice to start like a sign up sheet or somthing.

Also is there an age requirement?

Quintillaz has been assigned the title of Builder in Dagger Revolution.
Juliah says, "because you "erect" things.... *giggles*"

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Edit 1 times, last edit by zim_was_here at Sep 17, 2005 5:11:14 PM]
[Sep 17, 2005 5:10:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

Well... I'm dead broke. But...

I'm guessing there is some kind of block booking discount?

Perhaps some of us poor folk can room together?
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Sep 17, 2005 5:15:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

Well... I'm dead broke. But...

I'm guessing there is some kind of block booking discount?

Perhaps some of us poor folk can room together?

Well I hate to burst your bubble but I live in florida and try to visit key west and the surrounding areas, Hotels are uber expensive espesially during event times(I havent checked yet but circa $120 a night during events). There is good news though, there is a national camp on I beleive marathon which is right before key west that has camping. During december it is really cool tempatures and no humidity (well almost none you are on an island). For those who have tents it is only like 30 bucks a night event time.

Also It costs alot in gas, for those who are heading down by car It would be nice if we could get a carpool going or somthing to that effect. I am more then willing to pay my part in gas money.

Lastly, Try to bring your own food for snacks and what not publix's and other stores are a bit more expensive. Other then that it is a nice place to go. They have snorkeling, jet ski's and if you are flying in there are lots o' places to rent mopeds which are all over the island. The whole island is like 14 sq miles so walking isnt that far to any place. And there is the possiblity of coming in by cruise ship. There is a major port there.

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Edit 1 times, last edit by zim_was_here at Sep 17, 2005 5:30:00 PM]
[Sep 17, 2005 5:27:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

We're already getting steeply discounted rooms but they will be in the $140 region per night, most likely. People are of course encouraged to share.

There's no sign-up sheet, but I don't think you should worry about it selling out right away. There are not 10,000 pirates that are going to make Key West in December. That said, we will be sure to pre-announce when exactly tickets go on sale, so you can be ready.

Unfortunately the party is looking like it will have to be 21+ only, as the main event is held at a bar. We are working on this and will let you know if it changes -- please hold on questions about the age limit for now!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Nemesis at Sep 17, 2005 7:15:25 PM]
[Sep 17, 2005 5:41:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

I'm gonna hope against all hope that I can somehow attend...but before I make any plans...

Is there a minimum age for this? No point in driving all the way to Florida from Colorado if I can't get in the door, you know?
Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[Sep 17, 2005 5:42:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

I'm gonna hope against all hope that I can somehow attend...but before I make any plans...

Is there a minimum age for this? No point in driving all the way to Florida from Colorado if I can't get in the door, you know?

Hehehe read the post above you

If worse case scenario it does stay at 21+ is there some way to visit part of the event that isn't going to be that way? Also if not going to visit the main event will we be able only to pay for part of it instead of the whole event?

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Edit 1 times, last edit by zim_was_here at Sep 17, 2005 5:52:57 PM]
[Sep 17, 2005 5:51:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

Hehehe read the post above you

I got sniped, sniped I tell you!
Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[Sep 17, 2005 6:05:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

We're already getting steeply discounted rooms but they will be in the $140 region, most likely. People are of course encouraged to share.

Is that a night or for both nights? $140 a night, doesn't sound like much of a 'steep discount.'

Dragonlilly, wanting so bad to leave Bronwynne with her sisters in Tampa and go be social!
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Sep 17, 2005 6:54:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
Joneth

Yarrr, A party I cannot attend on account of all me money being of the Pieces of Eight sort and not the dollar sort.
In lieu of my presence I offer these helpful instructions for getting to to Key West:

1. Get on US Route 1.
2. Go south.
[Sep 17, 2005 7:01:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Ah...well I hope you all have fun, no way I could afford it though ) =

Unfortunately being an internet superstar is not a well paying job. Neither is my other job q=
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Sep 17, 2005 7:15:44 PM]
[Sep 17, 2005 7:15:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
RebekahWSD

If I get a campus job and work like insane, I can afford it. Maybe. If I can find a roomie.

The bad thing is, I'm 18. Can't I go, and ye just pin a sticker on me saying, Don't give this kid alcohol, idiots?

I would wear it even. Yes I would.

Please please please (stops before going nuts)

Anyway, off to figure out ways to get the money...have fun guys, cause till I can, I can't go, alas!

Shulamit (Afton...maybe.)

Edit - I've been readin Flordia drinking laws. If this is whats keeping under 21, there are a few things. Minors are allowed in bars that serve food (unlikely in this case, but listing)

Bar also allow people between the ages of 18 and 21 into them, but the stamp, mark in some way other than 21 and above to show they can't be served alcohol.

Either way...if the answer is still no, ok. I'll just go figure someone to age 3 years within the next few weeks.
Avernus gets out the holy hand grenade

/me bows to the evil avernus ^_^
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RebekahWSD at Sep 17, 2005 8:13:59 PM]
[Sep 17, 2005 7:21:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/rebekahwsd/index.htm    misceloflyonesse    RebekahWSD    48259585 [Link]  Go to top 
Thusnelda

I have another question. The plane tickets seem to be so much cheaper if we fly into Miami. It looks to be 2.5-3 hours to drive from there. What sorts of transportation options are there from Miami? Is this a feasible choice?

(And yes, of COURSE, once we get there we will be buzzing around like the crazy moped fools we are.)
Madam, proud Looterata
Why are old people playing on this game i dont know its probly something to do with control but its kind of werd. Get a life or a girl friend or mabe even a wife but if your an adult that plays this game your a loser
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thusnelda at Sep 17, 2005 7:44:14 PM]
[Sep 17, 2005 7:43:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

From what I know of Key West, it's probably best to be 21+ regardless.

I guess one'd be right driving from Miami to Key West - there's a big highway and everything - or you could take the amphibious bus, if you wanted. Doesn't go to Key West, but it's always entertaining to drive around in an amphibious bus.
I took my own advice.
[Sep 17, 2005 8:26:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
falconed

There are buses, tour buses, boats, and cabs. all go down to miami, although if you head into miami, watch your bags there is alot of crime(I am not discriminating against any one I only speak out of truth.)

Also I am in the same boat I am 17 and going to be 18 by the time of the party, it would suck if I couldn't go.
Falconed
of the Midnight Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by falconed at Sep 17, 2005 8:43:32 PM]
[Sep 17, 2005 8:42:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

I know this is altering your idea but since Key west is so nice although pricey How about if you held it in orlando. Only a few hours north, for those who still wish to visit pirate-fest, close to disney world, Much Much cheaper hotels and rooms. You can get a decent room for about 60-80 bucks a night, food is cheap there, an hour away from beaches on both sides and alot more closer to people. Also the airport has transportation directly to orlando and is a kicken airport for those flying. To me Key west just seems to expensive and to far away from everything.

Plus plenty o- piratythings in the area, there are ships that leave from daytona that are real war frigates and ect. for tours. Maybe a group of us could hang out there.

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Edit 1 times, last edit by zim_was_here at Sep 17, 2005 8:52:25 PM]
[Sep 17, 2005 8:51:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

I know this is altering your idea but since Key west is so nice although pricey How about if you held it in orlando. Only a few hours north, for those who still wish to visit pirate-fest, close to disney world, Much Much cheaper hotels and rooms. You can get a decent room for about 60-80 bucks a night, food is cheap there, an hour away from beaches on both sides and alot more closer to people. Also the airport has transportation directly to orlando and is a kicken airport for those flying. To me Key west just seems to expensive and to far away from everything.

Plus plenty o- piratythings in the area, there are ships that leave from daytona that are real war frigates and ect. for tours. Maybe a group of us could hang out there.

Orlando be too far inland ;). Plus my guess is that they want to goto KeyWest for the Pirate Festival that is there too.

My pointless question of the eve is, why not have it in Tampa/Tampa Bay Area? They have plenty of piratey fests and amusements and again the costs I am sure on all sides would be cheaper.

But meh, no amount of trying to compromise will turn this ship around, it wants to go to Keywest, is my bet. ;)
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Sep 17, 2005 10:24:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
WhyvernWeb

Considering I have a job interview on Monday *trembles* I may actually be able to afford to go to this one. I was so sad to miss the last. Then again, I'm so shy in person... *peers about nervously*
Heksubah
Mostly Retired, Still a Pirate at Heart
[Sep 17, 2005 11:36:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.shantyraidio.com    Heksubah [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

Good luck, Heksubah! You'll be great, I know it!

And I don't hand out compliments lightly. Insults, yes, but not compliments.

Also, I won't be going, because Key West is a bit pricey for me. In fact, most of North America is too pricey for me. I might be able to make it to New Zealand if I save up a bunch.
I took my own advice.
[Sep 18, 2005 12:03:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 582   Pages: 20   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates