• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1544 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
crash

Been waiting four RL days for my sword to be finished, bug? Reply to this Post

I ordered the sword, a Falchion, from a shop on Alpha. Initially it said 8 days. The next day i checked and it said 9 days. Then it dropped down to 3 days yesterday, and today I checked and it says 4 days.

This is a little ridiculous. How do I know before I buy something how long it will take? Why is it taking so long, is this normal? The last sword I bought took like 4 hours. Is there any way to just get my money back?

Someone suggested there is a bug, or maybe the resets are screwing something up, and that I should talk to the store owner, but so far I have not been able to find him online.

Wondering if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions about this.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Garthor

Re: Been waiting four RL days for my sword to be finished, bug? Reply to this Post

estimate

search

funny
----------------------------------------
Cleaver wrote: 
I've never been logged on, let alone on a ship.

[Sep 12, 2003 5:04:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mnemosyne
OceanMaster

Re: Been waiting four RL days for my sword to be finished, bug? Reply to this Post

This isn't a bug. It is a problem with inefficient labor production by the shop's workforce. The estimated times are being altered by labor that is misspent at some point between estimations.

There is currently no way to get your money back, but you may be able to bring the issue up with the store owner and work out a deal.

In the future, there may be a method with which you can check how backlogged a shop is.
[Sep 12, 2003 5:09:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
crash

I'm not sure what that means. I did several searches. What would you suggest I put in the search field? Actually please don't answer that, if any non forum know-it-alls want to help me that is cool.

<edit> Thanks for that answer, that is what I was looking for.
[Sep 12, 2003 5:13:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pythos

Actually, Mnemosyme, you are incorrect.

The fluxuation between hours, such as it saying 3 days, then 9 days, then back down, is not a function of inefficent labor.

The estimated wait times are based on the last 24 hours of labor the shop produced. However, when the game reboots, that info is lost, and the estimates are screwed up. So if your sword says that it will takes 30 minutes to finish, then there is a reboot, and after it says it will take 5 hours to finish, it will actually be finished closer to the 30 minutes than the 5 hours.

Also, there is already a way to see the estimated backlog, that is what that time is. Before, you could only see how many hours were left on only YOUR item, and it didn't take backlog into account.

Jeridus - Owner of Sheepish Looks
Jeridus - Mad Mutineers
YPP's Original Two Fisted Tailor
[Sep 13, 2003 5:40:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
burrito

Pythos wrote: 
Actually, Mnemosyme, you are incorrect.

Is that... even possible? Mnemosyne, incorrect?

I think we might have just inadvertently derailed from the tracks of space-time continuity.
-Peppy, Senior Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
"Yarr, thar be stairs here."

1st Place, First Drinking Contest, Gaea 24 Hour Bash
2nd Place, Cayte's Sword Tournament, 9/29
[Sep 14, 2003 10:44:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    burrito+OMG [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Mnemosyne is "Memory", and we all know how she can be sometimes.

Her daughters are amusing, though.
[Sep 14, 2003 11:49:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

Mnemosyne and Pythos are probably both correct. In my shops the estimates only vary very slightly after a server reboot; so going up and down that much is completely unlikely - I've only found my estimates to go an hour or two out at most. So I'd think it's probably people being employed elsewhere - seeing as the shop's so cheap they probably have a low labour rate, so any other employment that the workers there have will have first call on their labour.

For example: one day no ship is made, so every worker also employed at the shipyard can provide full hours, the next there is one or two - so those workers provide no hours at all to the ironmonger, as the shipyard pays better. The system bases estimates on the previous day's labour so the first day estimates will come down then the next go up drastically. A reboot during this time will throw the estimates still further out. And people are probably more likely to forage without guilt if they are getting low wages, which really won't help.
[Sep 15, 2003 3:34:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
crash

well it changed from days to hours (48) so i guess that is a good thing.
[Sep 15, 2003 4:34:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates