• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1674 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
throfnir

This computer has been banned from accessing the game. Reply to this Post

I created an account, verified it, and went to logon, only to receive the message: Logon failed: this computer has been banned from accessing the game. So, I created another account. I get the same message. I know this isn't the ip-block bug (unless it's more extensive...) because my friend can logon from my computer with his account. So the computer blocked message is flagged on the account... but why???
[Sep 10, 2003 1:55:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
burrito

Re: This computer has been banned from accessing the game. Reply to this Post

I imagine your IP is banned on any account that does not have a previous IP associated with it. Your friend's account has his own IP associated with it, so they log him on; however, your account(s) do(es) not and that's why it doesn't work for you.

You wouldn't happen to have had a previous account that... oh, you know... got banned or anything, would you?
----------------------------------------
-Peppy, Senior Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
"Yarr, thar be stairs here."

1st Place, First Drinking Contest, Gaea 24 Hour Bash
2nd Place, Cayte's Sword Tournament, 9/29
[Sep 11, 2003 1:15:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    burrito+OMG [Link]  Go to top 
throfnir

No, that was my very first account. I had not even played the game before, only watched others play. And, before anyone else suggests that maybe I had done something to be banned or blocked, I am not the kind of person to create 'inappropriate' names, or use profanity where it is not welcome (such as in puzzle pirates), nor attempt to scam, nor commit any other 'offensive actions.' In any event, I hope this problem is fixed soon so that I may play (if it's the ip block thing, I've read they are working on it).
[Sep 11, 2003 6:45:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rodriguez

i have the same problem Reply to this Post

i have exactly the same problem. Whenever i try to log in it says "login failed: this computer has been banned from accessing the game". It is annoying me as i have done nothing to deserve this, I haven't even played the game yet, I've only heard about it from my friends.
[Sep 11, 2003 7:47:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

You guys just need to email support. Random players aren't going to be able to help you so there's no point posting in forums.
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 11, 2003 8:03:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
burrito

I hope this doesn't become an on-going problem.

[Sep 12, 2003 12:40:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    burrito+OMG [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

What, that people post numerous questions here that should be sent straight to support?
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 12, 2003 12:42:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
burrito

Well, that, too. :D

No, I mean the ban problem. A lot of people have been getting banned before they sign up. The only thing that I think is suspicious is that this problem popped up right after the string of recent banning done by the ringers. Forgive me for my skepticism, but this does seem rather dubious.

[Sep 12, 2003 12:47:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    burrito+OMG [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Yes, I have noticed that myself.

Do the Ringers do an IP ban? Maybe they are at the same college or something?
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 12, 2003 12:52:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Dubious in what way?
[Sep 12, 2003 1:13:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
burrito

Dubious in the "my brother/sister did it" kind of way.

[Sep 12, 2003 1:17:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    burrito+OMG [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

Lizzie wrote: 
You guys just need to email support. Random players aren't going to be able to help you so there's no point posting in forums.

Good advice. I've locked this topic now (and another similar one); further topics on IP bans will be deleted - there's nothing we can do here folks...
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[Sep 12, 2003 2:33:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates