• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1622 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
B_licker

[Midnight] 3 the Fruit! (PvP contest) CANCELLED

Are you and your mates the best PvPer's in the Midnight ocean? Do you revel in the glory of mortal hand-to-hand combat? Do you have a vitamin C deficiency? Well, this event is for you, my friend!

On Saturday, September 10, at 3 PM PDT, I will be hosting "3 the Fruit!", a 2-hour long sloop PvP contest. Here's how it works:

At the start of the contest, a ship laden with fruit will set sail from Cranberry to Midsummer. Contestants can attack the fruit ship and try to steal their precious cargo, but be careful, they won't give up their Rambutans without a fight! Also, if you defeat the fruit ship, you become the target of other contestants who will try to steal YOUR fruit. The sloop that has the most fruit in their booty at the end of 2 hours is the winner.

The rules:
1. This is a sloop-only event. You must provide your own sloop, ported at Cranberry before the event begins. The event will be held on the Cranberry-Midsummer route only.
2. Each sloop must have a team of 4 or 5 pirates on it. All pirates must have an ocean-wide SB rating of Renowned or better. Each team of 4 players must have at least one member with Ultimate SB rating, while each team of 5 players may not have any members with Ultimate SB rating. (This is designed to avoid black-shipping during the event)
3. Teams may preregister by sending me a PM with your ship name and the names of your team members. In-game registration will also start 30 minutes before the event.
4. Each team must have a captain who will be jobbed into the event crew. Fruit thefts will be announced over crew chat so that everyone knows who to attack.
5. No team members may leave the ship during the event. If there's a chance that one of your members may not be able to stay for the duration of the contest, you should designate an alternate team member when you register.
6. No greenies are allowed.
7. Each team will receive a small amount of fruit in their hold at the beginning of the event to encourage fighting among those who don't manage to catch the fruit ship first. The majority of the fruit will start out on the fruit ship. Also, fruit in your hold does not count towards the final standings, only fruit in your booty.
8. During the event, you may port at Cranberry to resupply your ship with rum and CBs. However, you may not divvy your booty when you port. Only fruit that is still in your booty at the end of the contest will be counted. You must start with an empty booty chest at the start of the event and no fruit in your hold besides what is given to you for the contest.
9. You may not stall in port or at a league point. You cannot stay ported for more than 2 minutes, you may not port more than 4 times during the contest, and you may not spend more than 15 seconds at a league point.
10. You may not stall in sea battle. If it looks like your team is stalling in sea battle (i.e. battle takes longer than 20 minutes), then your team will be disqualified.
11. You can only engage other contestants. PvP against an ship not in the contest will result in disqualification. I am also trying to get brigands disabled for this event.
12. If your flag is at war, your ship captain will need to leave their crew for this event and join the event crew as an officer. I cannot be held responsible if your ship is sunk while participating in this event.
(Please note: Some of the rules are subject to change, particularly the minimum SB requirement. I still need to do some testing to verify that 4 Ults won't get black-shipped when attacking 5 Renowneds)

The prizes!!!!!
The 1st place team will win a set of sloops, one for each team member. 4 member teams will win 4 stocked sloops, while 5 member teams will win 5 unstocked sloops.
The 2nd place team will win 1 Gold ore.
The 3rd place team will win 1 Kraken's blood.
And EVERYONE gets to keep the fruit that they take, because the USDA recommends we all have 4 servings of fruit every day.

Are you excited?! Are you pumped?! If not, then you definitely need some more Mangos and Bananas in your diet. So, sign up for the event and get some fruity PvP goodness! 3 the Fruit!

Bootlicker
Strategist of the Day Traders, Looterati

EDIT: Added a couple new rules
EDIT: Added a provision to give each team some fruit at the start of the contest
----------------------------------------
[Edit 4 times, last edit by B_licker at Aug 30, 2005 3:02:42 PM]
[Aug 24, 2005 12:03:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vurogj

Re: [Midnight] 3 the Fruit! (PvP contest) Saturday, Sept 10, 3 PM PDT

Is there a limit to how many times the fruit ship can be attacked, is there a limit to how many times the fruit ship can be attacked per ship?

What's goin' to prevent the first ship to attack ye and win from winnin' the whole thing, all they have to do is disengage if anyone comes near them.
----------------------------------------
Older, crankier,
still haz da phat haiku skillz.
Tawnee on Midnight.
Apollo says, "Tawnee, I should have known you were involved."
[Aug 24, 2005 5:18:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    vurogj    vurojg [Link]  Go to top 
B_licker

Yes, the fruit ship can be attacked many times until they have no more fruit left. Obviously the first ship to defeat them will get the most, but they still have to manage to keep it for 2 hours.

And if you don't want your opponent to disengage, all you have to do is shoot them.
[Aug 24, 2005 6:02:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
B_licker

I just added some new rules about stalling, and about starting out with some fruit in your hold.
[Aug 25, 2005 7:37:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
B_licker

Sorry, but this event has been cancelled.
[Aug 30, 2005 3:02:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates