• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 890 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
dime

Standings: gunning in particular... Reply to this Post

I believe my gunning standings were around able or distinguished.. Then the patch occured that changed the way the puzzles were scored..

If you remember, right after the patch, everyone who did gunning at first got booched no matter how well they did.. Add to that back then, canonballs costed around two to three times what they do now and not everyone used them as liberally as they do today.. Well, the average skill level recorded couldn't be very accurate...

After things settled down and people stopped getting booched on it, my gunning standing miraculously jumped up to Grand-Master/Renowned... and I thought, well, my skill is finally being recognized... (I'm not really that vain)

I haven't gunned much since then (been a while) but recently I've been doing a lot of gunning.. When I do load them, I can load all 6 within the first league and get incredible half the time. If not, I usually load about 3 or 4 and get excellent..

So I was gunning one day and messed up.. I washed it out.. finished, then went to battle with a ship and didn't get to see my score.. But then my standing dropped to Respected/Distinguished.. and I thought wow! Don't mess up again.. Since then I've been very careful with my scores.. I only load when at the beginning of a league and I'm reasonably certain I can finish by the end with an incredible or excellent..

Slowly, my standings dropped lower and lower... Distinguished/Able.. and finally, Able/Able... as low as I can go....

Coincidentally, I created a new pirate today... I logged, jobbed for about 2 minutes.. during those 2 minutes, I got whisked, fought one sea battle, sailed half a league to land... Nothing more... I check my standings.. My gunning standings are Grand-Master/Renowned....

As a sidenote, my sword fighting standing was Respected and I hadn't sword-fought anyone... Everything else I didn't do was normal at Novice/Able...
[Sep 8, 2003 7:06:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Re: Standings: gunning in particular... Reply to this Post

N00bs do start at that for gunning, and able for anything else, pretty much. It seems like the Gunning ratings are booched, because I and others I know consistently get excellent - and we're at least solid - but are stuck at able.
----------------------------------------
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 8, 2003 8:43:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thanos

They do be booched, I envy those who got their high ranks in beforehand. :)
Thanos - of Midnight? Cobalt? Hunter? Malachite!
[Sep 8, 2003 10:29:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Thanos, you've changed your avatar!
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 8, 2003 3:22:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

aye.... looks a lot like a riskyboots job too
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 8, 2003 3:34:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

meiadm wrote: 
aye.... looks a lot like a riskyboots job too

Yer right.. it does. :)
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 8, 2003 3:42:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thanos

aye, I freely admit I used her style, without any cutting and pasting or copying of course ;) (hand drawn, the only way to be!)
Thanos - of Midnight? Cobalt? Hunter? Malachite!
[Sep 8, 2003 3:43:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hanns

It looks cool..
Wish I had a neat piratey avatar..Of me character looking very nervous, trying to find his blade, hopefully with a very "Oh [bleep]!"ish face. Unfortunately, I don't have too much in the way of pieces right now; Been sailin' fairly dry seas.
-Spolto, some random guy of millions of people in the Midnight ocean.

-Ayrus, Senior Officer in the La Giustizia Implacabile.
[Sep 8, 2003 3:53:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sugarpie

/bump

The standings are definitely booched... so much for my hope of Ultimate :(

Sugarpie
Sugarpie
The Violet (er... Violent?) Pirate
Member of Black Death
Former Governor of Orca
Piggy Josiah R.I.P.

[Sep 9, 2003 12:09:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Sugarpie wrote: 
The standings are definitely booched.

Yes, we know. As has been stated in another thread, Peghead is on it.

Oh, and a fine job on that avatar, Thanos.
[Sep 9, 2003 1:45:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates