• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1897 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
tazelbain

Re: Captain's cut or Ship owner cuts Reply to this Post

I don't think the Owner's Cut would hurt. If your crew doesn't work that way just set it to 0%.

About private ships within a crew, if they added locks to the ships so atleast you know you stuff wasn't stolen while you were off-line.

I wonder if private ships in crew are allowed for in 3R's Vision. I suspect their answer would be "go form your own crew if you want a private ship".

This whole thread is about the struggle of "Crews as a social entity" vs "Crews as a business entity". I want my own ship (business) but I want stay in my crew with my friends(social). Which why I am disappointed with Flags. They should be the social/political entity so Crews can be exclusively the business entity. But without some meaningful way to interact with one's flag it will never be more than a business entity for islands.

Sinkhole - Newbie Officer of All Trades
[Sep 9, 2003 3:10:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

when do ye fuel up? Reply to this Post

It just struck me that perhaps there's another element to how I run me crew that makes a difference here. I tell me officers to check rum and shot before setting out on a voyage, and top off as necessary. This means that the officer in charge of the voyage has essentially already spent the money on rum and shot (if needed), so when they take the crew cut at the end of the voyage, they're bein' paid back for that. I like this style better than havin' them stock the ship up at the end of the voyage, as it has the two good effects of makin' sure the officer checks before setting' out and makin' the officer who chooses to take a voyage bear the costs of it, if there are any (usually we leave all our ships pretty well stocked, as we tend to overstock when topping off).
----------------------------------------
[Sep 9, 2003 3:17:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aur

Re: Captain's cut or Ship owner cuts Reply to this Post

Is this really a problem for crews? I don't even think about it when I stock up one of our ships. We usually use the same two boats all the time. I don't even know who they belong too, but if I notice we're short on rum, I just run to the bank, get some rum, and plop it on the ship. On average, you can get 10 units for 500 PoE. Is that really a lot of money? Maybe if I've stocked a couple of times, I might take some PoE out of the hold to offset it, but I usually just spend the money and keep the stock up. That's part of being an officer.

As an officer, you are there to serve the crew. The crew is not there to serve you or make you wealthy. Things are so backwards if you try to be an officer thinking that it is the way to make fast and plentiful money.

Service is its own reward.
----------------------------------------
~Aur
Original Riot Starter

"So now you know, and knowing is half the battle. The other half is HWFO." -Hermes
[Sep 9, 2003 3:25:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates