• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 855 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Althalus

Map Theifs Reply to this Post

I'd just like to propose an idea. That only the Cap'n and Senior Officer should be able to take maps off of a ship.
----------------------------------------
Ninja-Admin of Tyrs Own.
Sr Officer and Scribe of The Phoenix Warriors.
[Sep 6, 2003 12:16:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://tyr.simplecodes.com/forum    theirvman84    MasterAlthalus [Link]  Go to top 
fireballl87

Re: Map Theifs Reply to this Post

I propose that that would make it hard for an officer to take a map he/she put on the ship off the ship. It would discourage officers to ,say, buy maps for their crew if they were not senior officer or captain.
"Even if I die... I'll come back alive."
[Sep 6, 2003 12:49:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Althalus wrote: 
I'd just like to propose an idea. That only the Cap'n and Senior Officer should be able to take maps off of a ship.

That idea is booched, if you ask me. I'm an officer and the idea I couldn't take the maps off the ship that I pillaged sucks. We have a system already in place to make sure no-one can steal your maps. Each officer has his own maps on him. Oh, and you shouldn't be making people you don't trust officers.

That is all.
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 6, 2003 1:23:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

It would be nice if the OWNER of a ship put maps on it that they could not be removed by anyone but said owner. This way we could safely leave our maps on our ships.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Sep 6, 2003 2:29:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
raykremer

How about this? Give the Captain/Senior Officers the ability to "nail" down maps. Then maps that are meant to be aboard ship for the use of sailing can not be removed except by the Captain or SO, but new maps acquired from pillage can be taken off and sold, and officers can bring in a map of their own to sail somewhere, and take it with them again when they're done.
[Sep 6, 2003 3:15:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

I would like some better control of maps too.
Captains and Senior Officers sounds like a decent way to narrow it down more.
And then instead of putting pillaged maps on the table give them to the captain of the ship and state which map was pillaged in the text (bugs me to see 10 people look at the chart table every time).

Or the ability to lock down maps for Captains and Senior Officers would be nice too. Should be fairly easy with a little checkbox next to the maps I think.

But even in a really large crew I can't say we have too many of these problems, so it's not a high priority feature for me.
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Sep 6, 2003 3:26:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pythos

Plus, in large crews, it's almost NECESSARY to have every officer have their own maps. In the Mutineers, we have so many boats in so many locations, if I put all my maps in one boat, it would be so horribly difficult to go from boat to boat looking for the one map I need. So I just keep all my own maps that I need, and leave copies on any boat that currently doesn't have such duplicate map. Tends to work well.

- Jeridus
Jeridus - Mad Mutineers
YPP's Original Two Fisted Tailor
[Sep 6, 2003 3:34:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fcsdiscovery

Generally I keep my rare maps on my person, and keep pillagin maps on the boat...that keeps me out of trouble.
Mr. Pepsi - Senior Officer of the Yellow-Jackets
[Sep 7, 2003 11:47:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

Aye, I do as MrPepsi does. I actually spent several hours and 20K outfitting all of our ships with a full set of maps for Diamond and Emerald. One ship also has a complete set of Pearl maps, and then several officers have their own special maps. I don't expect each officer to have a complete set of maps, though I personally do carry one, just in case I might need it. I prefer to have the ships fully outfitted.
[Sep 8, 2003 2:18:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

We started makin' it a requirement fer our officers to have sets o' Diamond and Emerald maps on they persons. A couple o' copies of the rarer archs be on our party boat to borrow, and mates are encouraged to put they own sets together.
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[Sep 8, 2003 2:32:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates