• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 872 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
panther0187

Chat Commands and Officer Privliges Reply to this Post

It would be nice if we could chat with people we are aligned with perhaps a command /aroyalty or /abroadcast

also i wish we could demote people it is a pain having to expell someone and rehire and re promote if they abuse officer privledges... what can be done?
[Aug 10, 2005 3:02:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

Re: Chat Commands and Officer Privliges Reply to this Post

We'll forgive you for not searching this time, as searching seems to be booched.

There have been what feels like several thousand requests for this...

I don't remember much about those threads, and since search is booched...

Anyway, Faulkston?
----------------------------------------
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Aug 10, 2005 3:04:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=20539

Chat to senior officers in flags I'm allied with:
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=103177#103177

The problem with allied royalty chat is that if the recipients try to respond over the same channel, they will potentially be talking to a different set of allied royalty (unless they share the exact same allies as the original chatter). Allied royalty broadcast would have a similar problem if anyone broadcast in response.

And why are you not able to demote officers if they're of lower rank than the officer doing the demotion?

Faulkston,
cursing the lack of search. Have trawled and found linkies.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Faulkston at Aug 10, 2005 4:07:57 PM]
[Aug 10, 2005 3:12:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
DaneT

Faulkston,
cursing the lack of search.

Now your like the rest of the posters. Bwahahaha.

Danet
Join ussssssss...
It has been said, my friends, that I like war. My friends, I like War. No...I LOVE WAR!

Danet - An old salt of Y!PP, but not the oldest by a long shot.
[Aug 10, 2005 5:57:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

It would be nice if we could chat with people we are aligned with perhaps a command /aroyalty or /abroadcast

This has the same problems as the oft-suggested hearty chat. Every flag has different allies.

also i wish we could demote people it is a pain having to expell someone and rehire and re promote if they abuse officer privledges... what can be done?

Only Fleet Officers can truly abuse their priviledges (there are some possible abuses for regular Officers, but you can't clean a ship out unless it's yours as a regular Officer). And for reasons that should be obvious, Fleet Officers should not have the ability to demote other Fleet Officers. Senior Officers already have the ability to assign rank regardless of crew politics, except if the original or new rank involves SO or Captain. So I don't see where the problem lies with this.

And why are you not able to demote officers if they're of lower rank than the officer doing the demotion?

Only Senior Officers and the Captain can assign rank. If anybody else tries, it posts a crew issue. This is for promotion and demotion.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thunderbird at Aug 10, 2005 6:31:13 PM]
[Aug 10, 2005 6:28:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates