• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2092 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
3eyedSusy

Media trouble plz help Reply to this Post

When i try to download the media I get this message

http//www.puzzlepirates.com/yoclient/client/rsrc/bundles/components-face-animal-fpig-components.jar?version-id=0.26&current-version-id=0.25:404

I have bug reported this. But can anyone help? or tell me what is wrong?

wildeyedjack
[Sep 5, 2003 1:33:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shockedfrog

Re: Media trouble plz help Reply to this Post

im getting the exact same problem.
[Sep 5, 2003 1:46:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Since neither of you have said so, I'm assuming you haven't yet read this thread.

atteSmythe
----------------------------------------

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Sep 5, 2003 2:50:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
3eyedSusy

thanks mate i did do a search but i wasnt sure if this would help because i already had the game downloaded before i had trouble. I will give it a try

wildeyedjack
[Sep 5, 2003 3:44:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
3eyedSusy

that didnt help. I still got the same error.

wildeyedjack
[Sep 5, 2003 3:58:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MojoChiba

3eyedSusy wrote: 
When i try to download the media I get this message

http//www.puzzlepirates.com/yoclient/client/rsrc/bundles/components-face-animal-fpig-components.jar?version-id=0.26&current-version-id=0.25:404

I have bug reported this. But can anyone help? or tell me what is wrong?

wildeyedjack

If you have cut'n'pasted the error, then it's likely a coding error cause it should say http:// and not http//. Though, I have not recieved this error personally, so I'm just guessing.
-Mojo Chiba

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
[Sep 5, 2003 4:40:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mojo_chiba [Link]  Go to top 
shockedfrog

smythe, you'll notice (and if you were affected, remember) that topic is about a problem introduced a few versions ago. The message recieved here refers to the current version, and appears after it says 'checking media' and resets the progress bar 3 times, then displays the message. the error in that old version happened after actually being able to download the files.

and i tried to copy the error - can't be copied. it's not in a copyable box, so that was probably jack just typing in the whole thing by hand and making a typo.
[Sep 5, 2003 9:09:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Hey Wildeyedjack I remember you had problems staying online long enough to complete the downloads, could it be that you have failed downloads that are causing these problems?
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Sep 5, 2003 10:22:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shockedfrog

for me anyway, it's fixed now, probably just a server problem.
But yeah, download time is over 2 hours, and many UK isps - probably quite a few elsewhere too - have an annoying 'disconnect after 2 hours' rule, ie. after 2 hours online you get disconnected and have to reconnect.
[Sep 5, 2003 6:12:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shockedfrog

ok, finally got a chance to try downloading it, used the usual 'download for 2 hours, get disconnected, reconnect and download the rest' system - only to find that Puzzle Pirates has reset it back to over 2 hours again. Is this a problem with the new version?

Anyway, this is another argument for being able to download the media files outside of the client :)
[Sep 5, 2003 8:00:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
3eyedSusy

no silver i have switched to broadband. But it is working now as Shockedfrog said.

thanks
wildeyedjack
[Sep 5, 2003 8:27:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shockedfrog

at least some of us can get broadband :(

Anyone got any ideas for how I can play since the new version won't allow resuming the media download?
[Sep 5, 2003 11:19:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Something you could consider is ask a buddy to zip an installed version and then send it to you via an ftp that has resume abilities. As far as I can remember you just need the .yohoho directory (asuming you have the client installed).
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Sep 6, 2003 4:15:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shockedfrog

already considered it. don't have any buddies around where i live who could really help me with this, who i could copy the folder from easily, and downloading 120 mb (the size of my yohoho folder) resumed would take a day or two unless i left the computer doing only downloading for 12 hours, which is a waste of a day when i have other stuff to do :(

I guess I'll just wait for midnight and p2p (assuming i havent forgotten about the game by then), and hope they go for the 'send out CDs' option. Or hope they bring back resuming possibility to the media download :)

BTW... is there a account inactivity period after which stuff will get deleted? If downloads do become dodgily resumable again like they were, I'd rather not log in to find i've lost everything.
[Sep 6, 2003 7:29:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates