• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 622 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
FunsoBanjo

Waypoint Madness Reply to this Post

Gargh!!

When I am on trading runs, with a bunch of stupid npp's, I find a really bad problem.

I will be outrunning a ship which is persuing me, and then, to my horror, I see a waypoint coming up.

I can be going faster than the other ship, but waypoints mean that the slower, less well sailed boat behind me manages to get to me and attack me (and because of my silly npp's, that usually means a loss of my stock).

Can we make it so that when you slow down/stop at a waypoint, you cannot be attacked?
[Sep 4, 2003 6:41:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JonIncognito

Re: Waypoint Madness Reply to this Post

Well there is a short vulnerability period when reaching a Nav point, but it's already the case that ships at a nav point who have stopped sailing "they have their duty status screen up" can't not be attacked until they choose to set sail again. Perhaps the gap between your ship, and your assailant is not large enough to escape or you are setting sail too soon.
----------------------------------------
"Super Profundo on the early eve of your day." - Waking Life
[Sep 4, 2003 8:45:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FunsoBanjo

nope.

When you reach a waypoint, there is a period of time when you slow down, but before the duty results screen comes up.

At this time you are very vulnerable.

You travel slower than the slowest ship for a few seconds, not many, so ships can catch you, and more importantly, you actually come to a standstill for a second before the duty result scren comes up, during which time the opponent can catch you.

Fact is, the slower ship shouldn't be able to catch the quicker ship, the fact that the quicker ship has to stop for a waypoint shouldn't be a to the advantage of the chasing, slightly slower ship.
[Sep 5, 2003 12:49:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Fortunately it works the other way around too, so you can use it while pillaging.
But yeah I dont think it should be possible either.
----------------------------------------
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Sep 5, 2003 5:45:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates