• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 904 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
JonIncognito

Rotating pieces in swordfights.. the Stupid Killer. Reply to this Post

Hey i was wondering if there could be a key added to the swordfight controls that would allow you to flip a piece 180 with a single key stroke..

I've been knocked out in three different sword battles yesterday alone from having only a few spaces left, and accidently rotating a piece with a crucial breaker needed to give me a second/third wind.

Thanks.
----------------------------------------
"Super Profundo on the early eve of your day." - Waking Life
[Sep 4, 2003 5:52:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Turk

Re: Rotating pieces in swordfights.. the Stupid Killer. Reply to this Post

1. If you wait until the piece is in a gap with two blocks on either side, rotating it will cause it to flip.

2. The piece highlighted in white is the center of the pair. Rotating will cause the other piece to move.
[Sep 4, 2003 8:04:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JonIncognito

Yeah i'm aware of both those tips, and i use the first one all the time, but i am talking about the times where you only have 3 open squares left with one under the arrow, and the other two are in the column to the left or right of the one with the arrow. In this case in every attempt to rotate my piece leads to immediate death because the now flipped piece is under my arrow, and hits the blocks before i can rotate the piece again.
[Sep 4, 2003 8:32:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

This one got beaten to death a week ago.

Edit: not even a week ago.

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=2105
[Sep 4, 2003 9:17:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
JonIncognito

I read that link you provided Homullus, but i don't see that the issue was resolved. I agree that the puzzle shouldn't require a feat timing, and hand to eye coordination to make such a simple move. If you want to play a game based on manual dexterity there are many fine Fps games out there.
[Sep 5, 2003 5:38:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

It's not a claim that an issue is resolved, merely pointing out that even a 'me too' at the end of a post is better than an entirely new post on the same subject.

atteSmythe

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Sep 5, 2003 5:40:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
JonIncognito

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend, and i didn't know there was another post on this topic. If i hurt anyone's feelings or something simular i apologize.
[Sep 5, 2003 2:04:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

JonIncognito wrote: 
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend, and i didn't know there was another post on this topic. If i hurt anyone's feelings or something simular i apologize.

I don't think its hurting people's feelings, I think they just get annoyed when the forum is cluttered with identical threads. And if they don't tell ya, you're not going to know.
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 5, 2003 2:31:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
burrito

Yeah, no biggie, just takes an extra 30 seconds... and besides, no matter how the blocks are laid out, you will always be able to rotate it 180 degrees.
-Peppy, Senior Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
"Yarr, thar be stairs here."

1st Place, First Drinking Contest, Gaea 24 Hour Bash
2nd Place, Cayte's Sword Tournament, 9/29
[Sep 5, 2003 10:30:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    burrito+OMG [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates