• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 20
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2760 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
NaYa

Difference between male and female clothing Reply to this Post

It's interesting how female version and male version of the same article are different... just like real world...

BUT!
Why do male get the skull symbol on their captain hat and not female!? UNFAIR!

Just wanted to say that...
and I want sleeping hat for female too :(

Are there going to be more clothes design or are the current ones pretty much final?
[Sep 4, 2003 1:43:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Re: Difference between male and female clothing Reply to this Post

There are actually more female items than male. So ye ladies aren't all that bad off! ;)
----------------------------------------
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Sep 4, 2003 2:33:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagittary

Yar! But I still say females should get more choices that are less... 'pretty'. Where's the armour? Where's more pant choices? I mean really... sailing in a dress and corset?
Darkwaters, Captain of the Sagely Swashbucklers, Owner of the Mean Stickleback & the Ignorant Grunion
[Sep 4, 2003 5:59:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Sagittary wrote: 
Yar! But I still say females should get more choices that are less... 'pretty'. Where's the armour? Where's more pant choices? I mean really... sailing in a dress and corset?

I hear that! I want some armour, dammit!
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 4, 2003 6:06:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

There will be more clothes added to the game. I don't think it's a real big priority compared to a few of the other things they are working on at the moment, though.

I can't say if we will see any new items soon, but after release, and after some of the larger art projects are done (new archipelagos, etc.), Nemo and Bluebeard are sure to sneak new clothes in every now and then.
[Sep 4, 2003 6:40:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
PrimeThian

Girls always have much better clothes anyway. Bah...
Prime (Hunter) : Fleet Officer of The Black Hunters
Typ (Sage) : Pirate of Irish Rouges [dormant]
Prime (Azure) : The Red and Green Senior Officer [memories]
[Sep 6, 2003 2:05:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

It bothers me that female boots look almost exactly identical, but require fine cloth wheras male boots do not...
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Sep 6, 2003 2:30:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

54x wrote: 
It bothers me that female boots look almost exactly identical, but require fine cloth wheras male boots do not...

That is indeed an unfair disparity...
[Sep 6, 2003 2:31:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aur

Yes, the ladies have far greater variety and style in their clothing. Being a person that likes browsing all the racks of the isles, I'm half tempted to make a female alt to try it all on. I hope there are plenty of plans to add more articles of clothing to both male and female collections. I hope that'll be an ongoing update frequently throughout the game.
~Aur
Original Riot Starter

"So now you know, and knowing is half the battle. The other half is HWFO." -Hermes
[Sep 6, 2003 3:26:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GuybrushT

PrimeThian wrote: 
Girls always have much better clothes anyway. Bah...

I have to disagree, Girls have more variety, but that does not mean the clothes are better.

Footwear - basically the same, so we'll call this a tie

Lower Wear - Girls definately have the advantage here, regular pants are too tight on guys, and pantaloons look funny. Whereas the flared pants are great for girls, and the different dress types are nice (although not completely practical) i'd love to see another pant type option for girls, oh, stripey knickers of course do not count

Top Wear - I'd say about equal numbers of choices, but in my opinion, guys are better here. Some items that are the same just look better, I think the captains jacket looks better on men than women, and the vest with sash definately looks better on men. plus we dont have the armor option! so lets call this a slight advantage for men

Hats - Guys win this one hands down. the sole female hat that is better than the male counterpart is the turban. The tricone and the captains hat both look 10x better on men than women. And the womens captains hat doesnt even have the skull and crossbones! Oh, not only do they look better when you are walking around, but they look better on the duty reports and sword fighting screens as well! Plus we dont even have the option of the conq helmet or officer feathered hat.

I spent way to much time on this :) i'm bored at work though!
[Sep 7, 2003 1:59:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strawberi

I think that both the female and male feathered hats are nice in their own way.

But there are some article of male clothings that I'd like for sure.

Armour maybe, sleeping hat, their loose vest with stripeys (the women's ones are buttoned) their vest with sash (i love the cuffs!)

When I started off I wanted my female character to me more 'macho' and dress in pants but then I realised that there really wasn't much to wear so I had to go out and get dresses. :(

So in the short cropped hairstyle and the pony tailed one for women most of the hats don't look nice on us. The hairstyle thats suits all and looks lovely and feminine is the long curly one. And since my char has a pony tail I'm just slightly dissapointed.

And I MUST complain about the women's captain's hat NOT having the skull and crossbones. Why is that?

But to each their own I guess because I feel that the women's tricone is nicer than the mens :)
[Sep 7, 2003 1:58:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://snx8.pitas.com [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Sounds like there needs to be an option for the skull and bones? :)

You could add a plain captain's hat for the men as well if you wanted ;)
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Sep 10, 2003 12:27:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
burrito

Some items should be the same for both men and women, such as the bandana and the sleeping cap.
-Peppy, Senior Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
"Yarr, thar be stairs here."

1st Place, First Drinking Contest, Gaea 24 Hour Bash
2nd Place, Cayte's Sword Tournament, 9/29
[Sep 10, 2003 1:20:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    burrito+OMG [Link]  Go to top 
Strawberi

Women have bandanas but not sleeping caps. And i want one so badly..I think its adorable!

Tis discrimination I tell ya! We women not having skulls and crossbones on our captains hat :p
[Sep 11, 2003 12:51:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://snx8.pitas.com [Link]  Go to top 
ruby_spoon

Ah-ha, search and ye shall find!

I noticed that the female Captain's hat lacks Skull 'n Crossbones, and this just seems entirely wrong; I've searched and found and dug out this old thread to add my voice of dissent to the many others here.

Of course, the males should be allowed ones without Skulls too.

I would also like to take this opportunity to make the thoroughly unreasonable request that a new material be brought in; Chamaeleon skin, which changes colour to match whichever ship yer on. :)
Rubyspoon: [Midnight] BSP, Looterati; [Viridian] OD, Morrowind.
[Sep 29, 2003 11:53:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.juggler.net/tim [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

ruby_spoon wrote: 
Ah-ha, search and ye shall find!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Search me out. I will give you a prize.

ruby_spoon wrote: 
I would also like to take this opportunity to make the thoroughly unreasonable request that a new material be brought in; Chamaeleon skin, which changes colour to match whichever ship yer on. :)

I like this idea. Something fun like this would likely come with the first wave of "treasure" items that come from Adventure Islands.
[Sep 30, 2003 1:40:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yumiko

Is crossdressing possible in the game?
[Sep 30, 2003 2:14:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

No
[Sep 30, 2003 2:15:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

And thanks so much for that!

atteSmythe,
who really doesn't need to see burly (playmobile) men in tight dresses

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Sep 30, 2003 2:17:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Yumiko

Oh, so that's why the girls who want the hat with the crossbones on it can't just wear the male version.
[Sep 30, 2003 2:28:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates