• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 541 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
blufire

A question for painters Reply to this Post

If I run out of gesso, will white acrylic paint do the trick?
I'm making some canvas' tonight and didn't think ahead and the store is closed tomorrow...

-Xephin
[Aug 6, 2005 9:54:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaet

Re: A question for painters Reply to this Post

I've found some interesting information on this by googling "gesso" and "substitute." I haven't seen anything saying white acrylic paint is an acceptable substitute. One place said Latex house paint was an acceptable substitute for "any painting that you don't want to last." Which, while not sounding like a ringing endorsement, doesn't appear to totally pooh-pooh the idea. ;)

*is not a painter, but is trying to help anyway*
[Aug 6, 2005 10:30:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blufire

Re: A question for painters Reply to this Post

Kaet wrote: 
One place said Latex house paint was an acceptable substitute for "any painting that you don't want to last."

Eep!
Unfortunately the gift is a canvas painting that I'm custom framing and giving to my grandparents for Chanukah... I'll avoid the white latex for now :P Thanks for the help though. Now I definately know not to use that for anything I am giving away as a gift or am selling... That would probably have been my next thing to use if I didn't have the acrylic...

I guess I'll be waiting until Monday to paint so far... lol
[Aug 6, 2005 11:06:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates