• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1614 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Patch

[request] confirm close client window Reply to this Post

I have twice closed my client window by mistake. Once when trying to close a lookout view, and once when closing a trade view. The second time my ship was WAY out in Saphire, and I had quite a time getting back to it.

Can we get a confirmation message box when we close the client? It would eliminate the risk of this particular problem.
[Sep 3, 2003 6:00:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squidbeard

Only twice? Reply to this Post

Ye've only done this twice? Matey, I consider meself lucky if I only do it twice in a week!

I guess I'm sayin' I don't disagree...

--Sq
----------------------------------------
Squid
High Priest, Cult of the Red Mantis
[Sep 3, 2003 10:14:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

Re: [request] confirm close client window Reply to this Post

heh... I've only done this once since I started... this does put some weight on ye, eh squidbeard =P
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 3, 2003 10:58:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

I guess I'm saying Windows have been around long enough in one form or another that I'm pretty comfortable leaving the BIG RED X alone.

I would really really really not like to have to click more just to leave the game.
[Sep 3, 2003 10:58:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

well perhaps if we DID make it red instead - it would mark the quitting of the game rather than the window - with the blue/white x
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 3, 2003 11:00:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Specter

Could just have it as optional: A lot of programs have a checkbox in their options that says something like "Confirm on close". That way, those who want (need) it can use it, and those who don't want an extra click won't have to.
- Spec -
Officer of the crew Captain Insane's Asylum
[Sep 3, 2003 11:04:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

well perhaps if we DID make it red instead - it would mark the quitting of the game rather than the window - with the blue/white x

It's big and red in XP. But it's in the same place on all non-Macintoshal things . . . just stay away from the extreme corner!
[Sep 3, 2003 11:39:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

homullus wrote: 

It's big and red in XP. But it's in the same place on all non-Macintoshal things . . . just stay away from the extreme corner!

sorry hom... you just blew your helpful streak =P
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 3, 2003 11:42:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

I don't have a helpful streak here, at least not an intentional one. I mean no offense to anyone especially (Squiddles), but I don't think inability to use your OS as is out of the box is any game's problem.
[Sep 3, 2003 11:49:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Just play full screen. No X in the corner. :p

atteSmythe

Edit: Hey, that's actually a feature request of mine. Can I please switch between windowed and full screen without closing out? Please?!

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Sep 4, 2003 12:12:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
burrito

I have never closed my client window on accident. Never. NEVER.

I resort to other acts of stupidity... like forgetting to turn a block over in sword-fighting and killing myself.
-Peppy, Senior Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
"Yarr, thar be stairs here."

1st Place, First Drinking Contest, Gaea 24 Hour Bash
2nd Place, Cayte's Sword Tournament, 9/29
[Sep 4, 2003 1:40:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    burrito+OMG [Link]  Go to top 
Nothing

Hello.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nothing at Sep 4, 2003 1:44:14 AM]
[Sep 4, 2003 1:44:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bmokeefe

Specter wrote: 
Could just have it as optional: A lot of programs have a checkbox in their options that says something like "Confirm on close". That way, those who want (need) it can use it, and those who don't want an extra click won't have to.

Even more programs routinely give you options to save or abandon an unsaved file, or cancel the close operation. A dialog that asks if you want to close the program, log off as current user, or cancel closing, wouldn't be much different.
Brennan "Uisge" O'Keefe
of the crew Red Dawn
of the flag Midnight Armada
[Sep 4, 2003 1:46:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.considered-harmful.org/    bmokeefe [Link]  Go to top 
Squidbeard

Crutch? Me? Reply to this Post

homullus wrote: 
I don't have a helpful streak here, at least not an intentional one. I mean no offense to anyone especially (Squiddles), but I don't think inability to use your OS as is out of the box is any game's problem.

Yarr! Me skin be not so thin as that!

'Tis a danger linked to me habit of playin' well after I should be swingin' in me hammock. Usually when I'm tryin' t'come down from the Crow's Nest, an' I click on th' wrong little X. Which is 'specially intristin' since I'm often comin' outta th' Nest on account of a battle's 'bout t'start!

I do it in Word, too, but at least it asks me if I want to Save before it bails. I loathe the idea of crutches to help bad captains, but a crutch t'help me -- implement it now!

--Sq
Squid
High Priest, Cult of the Red Mantis
[Sep 4, 2003 3:51:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

It wouldn't hurt to get it in, but for me thats a feature that should be far down The List.
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Sep 4, 2003 7:05:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
burrito

The developers should just instill a never-ending abyss of fear of clicking the close button.
-Peppy, Senior Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
"Yarr, thar be stairs here."

1st Place, First Drinking Contest, Gaea 24 Hour Bash
2nd Place, Cayte's Sword Tournament, 9/29
[Sep 4, 2003 1:19:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    burrito+OMG [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates