• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 30
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2403 times and has 29 replies Next Thread
garf

sassafras Reply to this Post

as ye may know or not, this be the herb that be needed for the color black in swords.

and it is incredibly rare. so rare that i have only seen it (in a shoppe for sale at like 20k cost, back when there was no emerald archipelago) once during me whole play time.

now, i'm all for rare things as that makes them somewhat special.

however, sassafras is rare to the point that our iron monger (on gaea) has not yet seen one single unit of it, and that is at a buy price of 4000 per unit, the highest in the ocean, i think.

nor have i seen it in any iron monger which i frequently check to see how the competition does.

so the question is.. shouldn't sassafras availabilty be tweaked a bit? either a bit closer to krakens blood or similar to thorianite production? as i said, rare be good, but not having it anywhere at all seems kinda pointless.
----------------------------------------
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Sep 3, 2003 12:38:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
HuskyTed

Re: sassafras Reply to this Post

does black in a sword change it at all? like mirroring or such.

I ask because I bought a Orange/Black foil off of someone the other day. (I didn't even notice it was black until I compared it to Shadow's)

Husky Ted
--------------------
First Mate of Pillaging Penguins
Llama's like candy coated bunny holding a daisy and a puppy in one hand and a kitten in the other nice -Misery

[Sep 3, 2003 12:43:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://bobthewonderllama.8m.com    bobthewonderllama    HuskyTed    2722224 [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

I managed to pillage one from a brigand by sheer luck - and lost it 3 minutes later to another brigand.

Then again - I haven't managed to pillage any kraken's blood where I could use it afterwards - only while jobbing.

Thorianite at least spawns on one island.

yes... I definitely agree that sassafras should be made more common
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 3, 2003 12:45:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

HuskyTed wrote: 
does black in a sword change it at all? like mirroring or such.

I ask because I bought a Orange/Black foil off of someone the other day. (I didn't even notice it was black until I compared it to Shadow's)

Black doesn't seem to mirror - it's the same as white anyway, which doesn't according to the other thread.
[Sep 3, 2003 6:17:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
garf

uhm.. me foils of same guard color with black handle are different from those with white handle. so, nay, black isnt the same as white for pattern coloring.
- Randal

[Sep 3, 2003 8:11:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

Thought it was the guard that made the mirroring? I was comparing the pattern of a black guard longsword to a white guard longsword...
[Sep 3, 2003 9:13:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
garf

aye, sure, but the color distribution be still different.
- Randal

[Sep 3, 2003 9:20:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

I was just talking about mirroring though.
[Sep 3, 2003 10:59:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

So can this be answered by a dev? Can ye up sassafras production?
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 14, 2003 8:39:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

If memory serves me correctly, Sassafrass showed up in Uzi's dye shoppe on Alpha along with some Yarrow by mistake (way long ago, before Beta, Emerald, etc.) It was immediately bought by Duncan in All Things Metal (I believe there were about 30 units total). The supply ran out recently with the entrance of Thorianite and Leushite.

I believe Frizzan's sighting is the onlly one I've heard of since.
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[Sep 14, 2003 10:35:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

aye... I'll update that I've found at least 8 blood so far, so they do show in abundance now.

Actually Sassafras is the single most rare item in the game so far. and elderberries and nettle is quite fast moving up that list.
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 14, 2003 11:46:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NoamB

meiadm wrote: 

where does it spawns?
Edward,
Trader & Senior Officer of "Pirates of the Damned"
Under the flag "Crimson Tide", Midnight ocean.

[Sep 15, 2003 1:05:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

NoamB wrote: 
meiadm wrote: 

where does it spawns?

ooh... I think we need to clarify english grammar - however I don't want to at the moment...

I'll let ye explore the isles up in the northeast archipelago - commonly known as pearl to find yer black rock...
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 15, 2003 2:35:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joedigriz

meiadm wrote: 

ooh... I think we need to clarify english grammar - however I don't want to at the moment...

I'll let ye explore the isles up in the northeast archipelago - commonly known as pearl to find yer black rock...

Northeast is Sapphire. Pearl is out west. Unless you're using MapQuest. ;)
Garbuck - Red Mantis Scapegoat and Pretty Pretty Princess
[Sep 15, 2003 2:42:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jal_95    joedigriz [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Well... Reply to this Post

The new archipelagoes might produce a little sass. You never know.
[Sep 15, 2003 2:51:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
NoamB

meiadm wrote: 

don't make fun of me English..., considering it's not me native language i believe i'm speaking quite fine...

and about the Island - i've already found out which one it is, and i'm on my way there right now :)

Cleaver - do ye have a time estimate about when we'll get to see these new archipelagoes?
Edward,
Trader & Senior Officer of "Pirates of the Damned"
Under the flag "Crimson Tide", Midnight ocean.

[Sep 15, 2003 4:17:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

Re: Well... Reply to this Post

Cleaver wrote: 

hmm... (Ursela looks thoughtful and, <nudging Cleaver> wonders if perhaps the lowly players would get a little hint when those new archapelagos would be appearing)
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[Sep 15, 2003 5:00:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Cleaver wrote:

So the new islands will mouth off to us?

"Argh get yer ship out of here"
"I think ye will find nought but your death here!"
"Want some sassafrass? Can't have it!"
[Sep 15, 2003 5:16:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BrokenShard

Devonin wrote: 
Cleaver wrote:

heh..

or:
"i'll never let ya dock in MY port"
"colonize me, i DARE you"
"whats the matter? cant forage anything useful? BWA HAHAHAH"

-Faldez
~Faldez the Urchin of Former Legend
[Sep 15, 2003 5:21:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Excellent!

I move we implement Sass on every island immidietly.

Also, since there's no forum specifically for non-game things, i'll add this here.

/hijack

Rather than type out the whole story, I'll just direct you here: http://www.livejournal.com/~danno_san

Basically, an American lawyer is sueing the makers of Grand Theft Auto 3 because two kids (both of which were under the age defined by he game's MSRB rating) took a gun and started shooting in traffic. Since they played this game, of course it is to blame.

I would encourage any of you who have an opinion on this to e-mail Mr Thompson at the address listed in the journal entry. However please, if you intend to flame him and call him dirty words because you play violent games and aren't violent, so he can (insert expletive) himelf, please just don't send anything.

/hijack

(perhaps we need a forum for talking about things that aren't to do with the game)
[Sep 15, 2003 5:35:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chucku

Devonin wrote: 

If possible, all taunts should be written so as to approximate an outRAGEous French accent. Elderberry and/or hamster traders should bear the brunt of the assault, as well. :)

Later.
[Sep 15, 2003 5:42:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Cleaver wrote: 

Sassin' the Mods* is bannable where I come from. Does this mean if one of the new islands gives attitude to the wrong OceanMaster, it'll be sunk?

*- [size=9]trademarked, but not registered. Feel free to steal!
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Sep 15, 2003 5:50:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
burrito

Devonin wrote: 

/hijack

Dear Sirs/Madams,
I agree whole-heartedly with your accusation that Grand Theft Auto 3 is to blame for these youths' violent outbursts. I, myself, play Counter-strike, which has encouraged me to join my local SWAT unit. After serving on the squad for long enough, I'll move to a different location and become a terrorist. Video games inspire the masses to follow their lead, an as such, I cannot help but continue along the aforementioned path.
I may also feel compelled to become a WWII recreationist due to my extensive enjoyment of the popular game "Battlefield 1942."

Devonin again wrote: 

/hijack

-Peppy, Senior Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
"Yarr, thar be stairs here."

1st Place, First Drinking Contest, Gaea 24 Hour Bash
2nd Place, Cayte's Sword Tournament, 9/29
[Sep 15, 2003 5:55:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    burrito+OMG [Link]  Go to top 
Mnemosyne
OceanMaster

Devonin wrote: 
(perhaps we need a forum for talking about things that aren't to do with the game)

http://www.pp-nest.net/ Look for "The Fishtank"

Additionally, we will probably be setting up a general chat board here to direct people towards when they go drastically off-topic.
[Sep 15, 2003 6:13:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

I don't suppose the lines in italics were directed straight at me??

Tis well shot. I apologise for getting off topic like that. S'hant happen again but that issue gets me mighty worked up.
[Sep 15, 2003 7:14:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PrimeThian

Cleaver wrote: 

Hey wait now. Ye not be talking about Pearl and Sapphire, are ye !? If not, be these archipelagoes live !? I'll take anyone's answers... and maps if ye have 'em !! Har !
Prime (Hunter) : Fleet Officer of The Black Hunters
Typ (Sage) : Pirate of Irish Rouges [dormant]
Prime (Azure) : The Red and Green Senior Officer [memories]
[Sep 16, 2003 5:47:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

not live yet... only know the names...

Ruby, Jet and Coral... last one will be unpopulated - the others, I think, are being auctioned out to prospective isle-owning flags.
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 16, 2003 8:01:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Clarification: Auctioned to flags wanting to own islands :)

And to my knowledge, the colonised ones will be jet and ruby.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Sep 17, 2003 11:55:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
burrito

54x wrote: 
Clarification: Auctioned to flags wanting to own islands :)

And to my knowledge, the colonised ones will be jet and ruby.

Thus the "prospective" before the "isle-owning flags."
-Peppy, Senior Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
"Yarr, thar be stairs here."

1st Place, First Drinking Contest, Gaea 24 Hour Bash
2nd Place, Cayte's Sword Tournament, 9/29
[Sep 17, 2003 12:26:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    burrito+OMG [Link]  Go to top 
PrimeThian

Now I'm going to be so tempted to move... Thanks guys !
Prime (Hunter) : Fleet Officer of The Black Hunters
Typ (Sage) : Pirate of Irish Rouges [dormant]
Prime (Azure) : The Red and Green Senior Officer [memories]
[Sep 17, 2003 5:54:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates