• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 44
Posts: 44   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3555 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
Captainhead

Re: Sea monsters Reply to this Post

Hanzii wrote: 
...and why would they? I love the mythos as much as the next guy... but it's not very piratey.

Cthulhu disagrees with you...

http://35.10.50.248/svarog/harr.gif

[edit]
Moved from tripod's evil clutches...
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Captainhead at Sep 5, 2003 12:20:33 AM]
[Sep 5, 2003 12:20:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ShotgunRitual [Link]  Go to top 
Dorel

Captainhead wrote: 
Hanzii wrote: 
...and why would they? I love the mythos as much as the next guy... but it's not very piratey.

Cthulhu disagrees with you...

http://captainhead.tripod.com/harr.gif

So does Tripod apparently.
Hermes wrote: 
Gather round, folks, for the Ballad of Dorel the Invulnerable!
silverkitty wrote: 
The ocean is dangerous, bring a lifejacket.

[Sep 5, 2003 12:33:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    CeeJayDorel [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Pirates = COOLEST EVER
CTHULU = COOLEST EVER
Ninjas = COOLEST EVER
Robots = COOLEST EVER

I feel like stomping on sand castles today.

Not so sure these are the coolest ever. All good things, but . . .

Pirates are (arrr) in fact pretty cool, but they're a little too litoral. Out of their environment, they are oddly-dressed thieves who talk funny. Good thing the Ringers are on a coast.

Cthulu? I honestly have never understood the big attraction in having ancient sanity-draining things draining sanity all over the place. There's definitely something to be said for an atmosphere of dread in literature and such, but I think the reason people flock to Lovecraft is that he wrote multiple things on the same theme, creating a "mythos" that people can go out and obsess over, like Star Trek on a tiny scale.

Ninjas are great when you're 12 . . .

. . . and robots steal old people's medicine, and eat it for fuel. And robots are strong. Old Glory insurance . . . for when the metal ones come.
[Sep 5, 2003 1:28:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

homullus wrote: 
Cthulu? I honestly have never understood the big attraction in having ancient sanity-draining things draining sanity all over the place...

Well, the idea is that sanity-draining things are rare. Some people seem to forget that. Also, they drive you insane and you die a gibbering moron. Not something I want to happen to my pirates. Morons tend to be not very good at puzzles.

homullus wrote: 
. . . and robots steal old people's medicine, and eat it for fuel. And robots are strong. Old Glory insurance . . . for when the metal ones come.

Also they can be somewhat dangerous if ye live in a two-story home. I certainly don't recommend having them around...if only for your protection.
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Sep 5, 2003 6:25:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BrokenShard

Personally i'd like to throw in my vote for Sirens from greek mythology :)

-Faldez
-"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fishburger and I realize, Oh my God. I could be eating a slow learner."
-Lynda Montgomery
~Faldez the Urchin of Former Legend
[Sep 5, 2003 6:50:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hanns

burrito wrote: 
Pirates = COOLEST EVER
CTHULU = COOLEST EVER
Ninjas = COOLEST EVER
Robots = COOLEST EVER

So, yeah, Pirates and Cthulu fit together quite perfectly. (As do Ninjas and Robots.)

I assume you've read VGCats before..? I think I saw a comic that had 50-foot tall ninja robots..

(EDIT) I could be wrong..There could be some other source of ninja robots I don't know about. =p
-Spolto, some random guy of millions of people in the Midnight ocean.

-Ayrus, Senior Officer in the La Giustizia Implacabile.
[Sep 5, 2003 7:13:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
burrito

homullus wrote: 

Gotagota wrote: 

Also they can be somewhat dangerous if ye live in a two-story home. I certainly don't recommend having them around...if only for your protection.

roofles. ;D
-Peppy, Senior Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
"Yarr, thar be stairs here."

1st Place, First Drinking Contest, Gaea 24 Hour Bash
2nd Place, Cayte's Sword Tournament, 9/29
[Sep 5, 2003 10:21:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    burrito+OMG [Link]  Go to top 
hhreaper

i think itd be fun to beat up nessie (the loch ness monster)
[Sep 6, 2003 12:28:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

hmmm... so what's the eta on the kracken? :)

Before adventure islands, or after?
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Sep 6, 2003 2:46:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

no crack in this game

krakens however is monsters and will be rolled out "When they're done" and as far as I can tell from previous ringer posts "To be rolled out with adventure isles".

should answer both questions 54x
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 6, 2003 5:36:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Syzerian

when i read this post i was thinking of pirates of the caribean fighting monsters and everything.
well maybe there could be an army of skeletons and other sea demons that randomly attack islands and everyone on that island would get a message like "the dark army approaches ye better run if ye know whats good for ye" and then in about 2 minutes pleanty of time for weaklings to run:) everyone on the island would be in the battle and it would be sort of like fighting skellies on islands exept maybe a little harder or easyer and everybodies spear items (things they arnt wearing) go into a pot and 30% of ur bank holdings aswell to be shared among the winners.
if someone tries to enter the island after the warning message has been displayed they will be told its too dangerous etc etc....
there wouldnt be a set time for this it would just be 2 times at random at random islands... would add a bit more unexpected fun into the game but the winners would probably become filthy rich lol
Angel of Thruth and Honor
~Syzerian Aralos~
[Sep 6, 2003 6:43:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

perhaps on specific isles... but not on the colonized ones - people keep things in the bank, or don't fight skellies to KEEP their stuff... not to lose some randomly
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 6, 2003 6:55:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Syzerian

people dont lose randomly they get a warning and plenty of time to retreat and if they arnt in the fight they dont lose anything plus if u were smart u could get a friend to look after ur money and run away on a navy ship ;) there r always tricks around these things.... oh no i can see 2 more flaws in my previous post!
Angel of Thruth and Honor
~Syzerian Aralos~
[Sep 6, 2003 7:10:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

ye can't take money with ye on navy ships... and I personally hate being challenged every 5 seconds on the beach by some yahoo... I don't need another periodic incident to mess it up. NO way.
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 6, 2003 7:41:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 44   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates