• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1245 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
zim_was_here

Males Sewing Reply to this Post

Let me start out by saying, I love to sew its just somthing I am good at and I like creating piraty clothes. Well the problem is most people look at me funny because I do sew and I am a male.

Most people think that if you are a male and you sew that you are feminine, ect.. I am not femine, ect., and get critisized all of the time for sewing and creating clothes. You opinions?
----------------------------------------

Quintillaz has been assigned the title of Builder in Dagger Revolution.
Juliah says, "because you "erect" things.... *giggles*"

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Edit 1 times, last edit by zim_was_here at Jul 28, 2005 3:53:24 AM]
[Jul 28, 2005 3:53:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
DCcub

Re: Males Sewing Reply to this Post

Screw what other people say.

I have a friend who makes quilts and he couldn't be more masculine. He also modified his own clothers for a better/more comfortable fit.
I know how to sew and am fairly masculine.

Do what you love. If that's sew, then sew.
Behr on Viridian

What is a pirate's favorite study subject?
Arrrrrrrrt.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by DCcub at Jul 28, 2005 4:00:03 AM]
[Jul 28, 2005 4:00:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://object.qpalzm.com/fun/piratejokes/    DCcub8    DCcub83 [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

Where is the "If they want to" answer!

Fine, fine, pickle it is.
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Jul 28, 2005 4:03:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

No apostrophe in thread title or it gets the hose again.
[Jul 28, 2005 4:05:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
meow123_456

zim_was_here wrote: 
Let me start out by saying, I love to sew its just somthing I am good at and I like creating piraty clothes. Well the problem is most people look at me funny because I do sew and I am a male.

Most people think that if you are a male and you sew that you are feminine, ect.. I am not femine, ect., and get critisized all of the time for sewing and creating clothes. You opinions?

All People are A Mixture of Male/Female, Proof is in the linky below

Warning: This site has not been looked at by Meow123_456 and may not be suitable for underage people

EDIT: Nice 200th Post
Oxbridge of Hunter

Guess Who wrote: 
Pillaging Sucks.

[Jul 28, 2005 4:31:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=209719 [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Originally, there were tailors(male) and seamstresses(females). Nearly all clothing was made by the tailor until about the 1700s or so it seems. Considering the tailor was a tradesmen, women didn't figure in until much later.

Think of the most famous male designers. One thing they have in common is basically, they all sew.

Sewing is not gender-based anymore but in the beginning, it was.....being that males made the clothing for both sexes. So, if anything, sewing should be considered a male thing, not a female thing.

If you're getting funny looks, they must be looks of envy for the talent you possess.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jul 28, 2005 6:51:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tremblane

I'll just say that I had to show my wife how to use the sewing machine my mother gave us (do maintenance on, load with thread, adjust stitches, etc.).

Not that I do any sewing, but I do know how.
Tremblane
[Jul 28, 2005 10:43:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobTheVirus

Hmm....I stand with....Sea Pickle!
[Jul 28, 2005 11:07:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Sew. Forget what anyone says.

Personally, I think that most men enjoy creating things. Women might too, for all I know, but I'm a man, so I'll stick with what's in my head. Particularly, making something you can touch or see is rewarding. Why is making clothing "women's work?" Heck, there's even a fussy, precise machine to maintain (more than one, if you're lucky).

If you get good at it, you'll be one sharply-dressed man. Store-bought bags of cloth fit nothing like something that was cut to fit your own body's proportions.

Do it, enjoy it.

Notorious atteSmythe,
who hasn't made anything in way too long

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Jul 29, 2005 6:39:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Dementia

I know how to sew, it helps me fix clothes I rip. I don't think it's feminine to learn something useful. I personally think all the rules of things that are masculine and feminine are silly anyways.
- Ajani, Into the Sunset

Ryhison tells you, "i hate u u are a evil little man that tourtures little animals"
[Jul 29, 2005 7:27:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    LifeAheadofYou [Link]  Go to top 
Vexorg

Why not? Rosey Grier does it...
Vexorg: Apparently still in some crew somewhere, Midnight
(May actually exist)
Yee: No, it's not a breakfast cereal.
AtteSmythe wrote: 
Mmm, community-built hype. Better than the real thing, with less work!

[Jul 29, 2005 9:34:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates