• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 722 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
akebia

Forum Design Reply to this Post

As the game exits ?, will there be any plans to change the forums?

I don't know if the Ocean Masters' duties will change the way the forums work. I don't know if paying customers will react the same way to "On The List" or "Honk! Honk!" I don't know if the eventual plan to tie user's accounts to forum accounts is going to be implemented, and how that might affect the forum. I don't know how many tips from old versions of the game are going to remain useful. Oh, so much I don't know! Techincal and social options abound! Who can enlighten me?

If there are going to be changes, though, I want to suggest another: that the "Forums" link in the page header not go directly to a listing of forums. Rather, I'd like to see a page reminding users about the FAQ, about the search functionality, and about the tenor of the forum.
[Sep 1, 2003 2:28:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jota

Re: Forum Design Reply to this Post

akebia wrote: 
I don't know if the eventual plan to tie user's accounts to forum accounts is going to be implemented, and how that might affect the forum.

Aren't they already linked? I didn't have to sign up separately for the forums.
[Sep 1, 2003 2:50:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/grunk/2002/04/24/ [Link]  Go to top 
akebia

Jota wrote: 

Er, more strongly linked, I should say. Like having your avatar dressed as your pirate currently is, or some such thing.
[Sep 1, 2003 3:11:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aur

akebia wrote: 
Jota wrote: 

Er, more strongly linked, I should say. Like having your avatar dressed as your pirate currently is, or some such thing.

I like that idea. Have the default avatar just like your pirate like when you login to choose which character to login is. Just make it the default so people can have that if they like, but they could change it to their spiffy other avatar if they wanted.

Put it on the list. ;)
----------------------------------------
~Aur
Original Riot Starter

"So now you know, and knowing is half the battle. The other half is HWFO." -Hermes
[Sep 1, 2003 3:17:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Akebia wrote: 
Rather, I'd like to see a page reminding users about the FAQ, about the search functionality, and about the tenor of the forum.

That sounds like a good idea.

I don't know if anything solid has been said, but I have assumed that with Ocean Masters and the release of the game, that the layout of the forums and the direction of each individual board might be more firmly set. In addition to moderation by official OMs -- who, obviously, will be trying to maintain a certain level of civility here -- I don't think it would be out of line to bump some of the wiser players up to mods in order for them to maintain tips or FAQ sections, so that these remain up-to-date.

Aur wrote: 
Put it on the list. ;)

It's already there. I think Akebia was pulling from an old, old idea by one of the Ringers.
[Sep 1, 2003 3:42:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates