• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1962
Posts: 1962   Pages: 66   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 366876 times and has 1961 replies Next Thread
Varthlokkur

Furniture suggestions thread Reply to this Post

List of Furniture Ideas! Check here!

Varthlokkur wrote: 
Figured I'd start an independent thread for things people want to see, but aren't there yet.

Because everyone knows Nemo needs more things to keep him busy.

Standard items:
Bookshelves (hanging and tall (floor) units)
Scrollshelves (like bookshelves, but appear to have scrolls/charts instead of books).

----------------------------------------
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemo at Feb 9, 2006 11:08:27 AM]
[Jul 20, 2005 9:07:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
McStew721

Re: Furniture suggestions thread Reply to this Post

Now that that's taken care of, I think that a small bucket of Kraken's Blood would be a good addition to a serious pillager's ship.

The current item of a dye bucket can be made black, but that is more associated with apothecers, not pillagers.
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem
[Jul 20, 2005 9:26:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    McStew721 [Link]  Go to top 
kemroth

I have looked a bit, but so far I haven't found this, but was thinking that perhaps the furniture could also act as storage. The wardrobe/dresser for the clothes, the desk for deeds and other things. Can't necessarily keep it on a ship, but it will be another place so your booty panel isn't so full of stuff. Just an idea for down the road.
[Jul 20, 2005 9:49:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

A suggestion would be if you upped the level of commods on chests, and made them serve the same function as a hold. Obviously this amount would be very minute, but it would be nice to be able to paint without paying full cost. Also if I see a good deal on an island where I dont have a ship or a stall I could be able to put it in my house, that would be nice.

To prevent moving of chests from island to island, put a "This chest is to heavy to move " error on it.

Also I had mentioned before on another thread, since tables where a problem, make a local and interocean tables with different prices.

Quintillaz has been assigned the title of Builder in Dagger Revolution.
Juliah says, "because you "erect" things.... *giggles*"

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Jul 20, 2005 10:35:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
RaelShark

I will also repeat here my appeal for a shark tank.
Shark
Mascot of Ransack Marauders
[Jul 20, 2005 10:39:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ransackmarauders.com [Link]  Go to top 
Lord_Mogor

zim_was_here wrote: 
A suggestion would be if you upped the level of commods on chests, and made them serve the same function as a hold. Obviously this amount would be very minute, but it would be nice to be able to paint without paying full cost. Also if I see a good deal on an island where I dont have a ship or a stall I could be able to put it in my house, that would be nice.

To prevent moving of chests from island to island, put a "This chest is to heavy to move " error on it.

Also I had mentioned before on another thread, since tables where a problem, make a local and interocean tables with different prices.

I like the whole chest thing, but instead of blanket banning chest movement code it so that the chest has to be empty to be moved
"They'd already have the plank spank mark on their butts." Emerson, June 16th 2005
Come join us forum tarts at M-tos.da.ru/yppforum/
[Jul 20, 2005 11:38:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

RaelShark wrote: 

Fishtanks in general would be pretty keen.
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Jul 20, 2005 12:25:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Telastyn

Also,

Having swill and grog as components seems a little silly, can we standardize on one?

The fish skeleton [and to a lesser degree woodstack and small driftwood] really chew up labor, and might be used as griefing orders. Just forewarning.

Since the furnisher does the swanky paintings, will portraits be moved there out of the Palace, and require commods to make, rather than straight poe?

The furnisher tends to produce a ton of little items, making a 'rack' for them fairly needy. I know I don't want to go through all the abandoned orders and sell them individually...

A brand banquet table might be nice to have too.
[Jul 20, 2005 1:05:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mhari

Rugs might be good. So would benches as well as chairs.
Esmarilda:
Viridian. Literate. Kthxbye.
[Jul 20, 2005 1:40:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MKSparrow

A rocking chair for the lawn.
Is it rainning?
[Jul 20, 2005 1:54:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

I'd love to see a nice comfy settee.

BTW, can't do rugs cuz its an object layer and ye can't walk on them. Ground tiles cannot be adjusted. But, perhaps the more expensive housing will have some nicer floors and carpets/rugs, much like the palace.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jul 20, 2005 2:44:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryboy5

Yarr!!! Reply to this Post

Gotagota wrote: 
RaelShark wrote: 

Yes. And also yes. By the way, yes.

Also, I really love plants and think there should be many many more of them.

I very much like functionality on objects, so that they are not just objects (e.g.: Using a parlor table, lamps can turn lights on/off, etc.)

Maybe in the future you could place additional commodities, plants, or even items in your house, like maybe leave a sword on a bed, or put some boots on the floor. I mean the interface is in there why not include other items into it?

Maybe even portraits could eventually be hung on walls and using a "view" button or something, it can be view in game like the gallery that is already in place for pictures.

There could even be items like the parlor tables that let you play the puzzles in your house or you can purchase a training dummy for swordfighting and you can set it to a difficulty level, or maybe a mock seabattle simulation in the form of a nav table. Obviously there is lots of room to add fun things like this.

Woo wee, I can't wait for this to be released in the regular oceans lol
==Gameboy, nerd of the Seas==
Those are some nice pants.

Poseidon says, "then tell me THAT ONE!! PWEESE"
[Jul 20, 2005 3:00:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.double-u-double-u-double-u-dot-dot-com.com [Link]  Go to top 
messeka

A TV.

....oh wait...

decorative instruments? /me imagines guitar stand in corner
[Jul 20, 2005 5:49:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Re: Yarr!!! Reply to this Post

ryboy5 wrote: 
Also, I really love plants and think there should be many many more of them.

Yes, and flowers please.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Jul 20, 2005 8:17:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CursedBurger

I'd like a movable, recolorable "X".
Are there any pirates on this ship?
And if they sober up,
they'll have us home by morning.
[Jul 21, 2005 12:25:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mhari

Re: Yarr!!! Reply to this Post

fanta wrote: 

Yes, and flowers please.

Seconded! Big, flashy tropical flowers :)
Esmarilda:
Viridian. Literate. Kthxbye.
[Jul 21, 2005 1:04:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CKShinrai

CursedBurger wrote: 
I'd like a movable, recolorable "X".

This idea is sexy hot.
Erfan wrote: 
OUR SUPER IMPORTANT LORD SHINRAI THE HEDGEHOG

[Jul 21, 2005 1:21:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
McStew721

Gotagota wrote: 
RaelShark wrote: 

This is definitely a good thing.

Think of the functionality. Familiar "rack". Tanks to hold Octos, the current bird cage to hold birds, and a monkey pit (or something.) This way people who don't like wearing familiars can show them off in another way. :D

Just a normal fish/shark tank would be nice.
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem
[Jul 21, 2005 1:42:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    McStew721 [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

McStew721 wrote: 
This way people who don't like wearing familiars can show them off in another way. :D

Who doenst like wearing familairs?

Quintillaz has been assigned the title of Builder in Dagger Revolution.
Juliah says, "because you "erect" things.... *giggles*"

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Jul 26, 2005 12:23:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
sailorchops

i'd think that it'd be quite good fun if when cohabitation comes in or if people could just wonder in and out of your house, then you are asleep somewhere in the house with the little Zs above your head after you log off.

in a bed or if you don't have a bed then somewhere on the floor.
[Jul 29, 2005 6:35:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

McStew721 wrote: 
Gotagota wrote: 
RaelShark wrote: 

This is definitely a good thing.

Think of the functionality. Familiar "rack". Tanks to hold Octos, the current bird cage to hold birds, and a monkey pit (or something.) This way people who don't like wearing familiars can show them off in another way. :D

Just a normal fish/shark tank would be nice.

It would be cool to put your bird in it's cage when you're hanging around you're house.

And I second the vote for a fireplace, I think I asked for it somewhere else.
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari
[Jul 29, 2005 7:26:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
jenjo921

Ahoy. I would like a key, which could be given to someone who then could enter your house without an invitation, or without you being home. Pretty much the way a key works in real life.

This would make it possible to share a house with someone and with multiple keys you'd be able to have many friends hang around. If you wanted to get rid of your friends you could alway change your lock.

Also, I'd like some kind of sofa and comfy chairs. Perhaps not very piratey, but then, having a house to start with is not very piratey either.
:) Jenjo
[Jul 29, 2005 7:56:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parthanos

If fireplaces are implemented, I would like a small dialogue with them when 'lit'. Basicalyl anyone in the immediate area around the bazaar stall would see an occasional puff of smoke 'coming from Parthanos' chimney'. Or something along those lines (it would be a good way for folks to know yer home to boot, without actually having to walk into the bazaar. And, if the effects were very localized (within a set amount of space around the bazaar) it wouldn't be terribly annoying.

I've edited the post to update it in light of the recent fireplace furniture release. - Faulkston
Long retired, mostly expired

Angelmarie tells you, "*nods* I know. :) La Giustazia Inpronouncable.... ;)"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Dec 16, 2006 1:50:19 PM]
[Jul 29, 2005 3:44:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AlaskanParamedic@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
ryboy5

Dar! Reply to this Post

jenjo921 wrote: 
Ahoy. I would like a key, which could be given to someone who then could enter your house without an invitation, or without you being home. Pretty much the way a key works in real life.

This would make it possible to share a house with someone and with multiple keys you'd be able to have many friends hang around. If you wanted to get rid of your friends you could alway change your lock.

Keys could be hard to keep track of or remove if you don't want someone to come in anymore... but maybe like a house hearty list? Works same, but they can enter your houses if theyre on your list.

Maintenance edit made in the process of pruning this thread of duplicate suggestions. - Faulkston
==Gameboy, nerd of the Seas==
Those are some nice pants.

Poseidon says, "then tell me THAT ONE!! PWEESE"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Dec 16, 2006 7:58:10 PM]
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.double-u-double-u-double-u-dot-dot-com.com [Link]  Go to top 
hello2u

i think fruniture should... Reply to this Post

not age who is with me?
[Jul 29, 2005 10:16:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Furniture only ages when moved, and you can move it a lot before it decays (I moved a barrel of rocks, which should be a fast decay since it only uses basic labour, about 20 times and that only knocked it down to 'good'.)
[Jul 29, 2005 10:44:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
elizajean

So, in theory, you could buy the furniture, place it once and it will never age?
Elizajean
...all up in your forums, lurking in your thread!

[Jul 29, 2005 11:12:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    elizajean001 [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

I believe that to be so.
[Jul 30, 2005 2:38:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
elizajean

That is quite amazing actually. I wonder if this will be a profitable to people who get the furnisher shops as they think. I am sure at first it will be quite a boom....but once everyone is set....and so forth, I imagine it would die down.
Elizajean
...all up in your forums, lurking in your thread!

[Jul 30, 2005 2:44:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    elizajean001 [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Yes. However, furniture is very labour intensive (I'll probably keep a single large stall busy for two full weeks just stocking the crew's Grand Frigate), so it will take a while to fill out.

The most likely result is that, as with paint, you'll see a massive demand early, then a smaller but steady flow of customers.
[Jul 30, 2005 3:48:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1962   Pages: 66   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates