• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 902
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 84133 times and has 901 replies Next Thread
rixation

Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice! Reply to this Post

Since I have very limited PoE on Ice and therefore can't purchase most of that furniture, I didn't notice this at first. The text under the item's name in a furniture shop states any special features about that product...so am I to assume then that dressers can't yet hold clothes, moneyboxes can't yet hold poe, trunks can't hold inventory items, etc? That is, to say the least, disappointing. Great to have the items there, but devestating to not be able to do anything with them but, well, look at them.
----------------------------------------
Epimetheus
Retired

[Jul 17, 2005 11:21:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

rixation wrote: 
Since I have very limited PoE on Ice and therefore can't purchase most of that furniture, I didn't notice this at first. The text under the item's name in a furniture shop states any special features about that product...so am I to assume then that dressers can't yet hold clothes, moneyboxes can't yet hold poe, trunks can't hold inventory items, etc? That is, to say the least, disappointing. Great to have the items there, but devestating to not be able to do anything with them but, well, look at them.

Prometheus wrote: 
Indeed, roommates and storage and all sorts of other special bits are planned for inclusion.

I had noticed there was no swordsrack you could buy. After playing with YPP tools, i've also noticed there's also a shelf with mugs not buyable yet, and the clothes rack like in the tailor is not buyable either. So pure speculation, but it could become tied to those items in the future.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Jul 17, 2005 11:40:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kahless_

I don't think furnature should be transportable on your person but have to be in a ship hold or a house like any other commod with a mass and a volume *thinks about pillaging a fancy bed or a wardrobe*
Leading Klingon Warriors to glory.
Flying the flag of the Klingon Empire.
[Jul 17, 2005 11:41:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gsharp

Skellies Reply to this Post

Since unplaced furniture is stored "on your person", can skellies take it if you lose a skellie brawl? Can I lose my fish skeleton to the skellies? Or worse, my driftwood?
The Xecutioner

On all oceans!
[Jul 17, 2005 11:50:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

bel_pirates wrote: 
After poking around in Ice, I'm very impressed with the update and can't wait to see it move to the production oceans.

One thing that I'd like to see added if possible is puzzle stations in homes. While I would love to have the duty puzzles available in homes, the crafting puzzles are my real concern. Ever since the patch that made all labor puzzling apply direct labor (instead of the old system where you had to have a job there), I haven't been as into the casual playing of labor puzzles. It would be fun to play the puzzles without actually giving away your labor. This might be a fun way to do it.

Three words:

Best. Idea. Ever.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Jul 17, 2005 11:50:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

kahless_ wrote: 
I don't think furnature should be transportable on your person but have to be in a ship hold or a house like any other commod with a mass and a volume *thinks about pillaging a fancy bed or a wardrobe*

It makes sense on the surface, but treating furniture as commodities rather than personal inventory would remove quite a few features.
1. No offering up furniture as tourney prizes.
2. No direct trading of funiture between pirates.
3. Currently, if an item is removed from a scene it is returned to the original owner. If furniture were commodities, there would be no clear place for it to return to.
4. All commodities can be bought and sold dockside. No comodities currenty have degradation. While this doesn't rule out selling degrading items dockside in the future, it does complicate things greatly.

While I think pillaging a bed would be amusing, this is one of those times where fun is more important than realism.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jul 17, 2005 11:59:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Fiddler wrote: 
When atteSmythe developed the Governor in a Box, he called the various house types shack, bungalow, house, manor, and mansion. I'd be surprised if all five weren't released at once with an increasing level of oppulence for each variety.

Actually, those are the names of the files from which I took the graphics - I certainly can't claim the naming.

But huh! Housing. I should check that out tonight...

Notorious atteSmythe,
wondering if he even has a pirate on Ice

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Jul 18, 2005 12:05:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Why didn't i see houses on ice?

Okay, got the YPP tools files on my website somehow, you can click here; http://members.home.nl/fantasyfan/images/
Right-click on the different rooms and chose save as. Otherwise it just opens a bunch of text. That should work. /me crosses her fingers.
Pleun,

[Edit 1 times, last edit by fanta at Jul 18, 2005 12:40:21 AM]
[Jul 18, 2005 12:40:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sunnylc2

rixation wrote: 

Gonna have to say I agree completely. I'm sure there are lots of tailors out there that would be most grateful not to have to rack items for people. Additionally, swords, mugs, maps, anything that decays. Perhaps, different size wardrobes could be offered. Each upsize holding more than the last.

Oh, and have I mentioned co-habitation / joint ownership? (Hush Fin!)
Sunny
[Jul 18, 2005 12:40:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

sunnylc2 wrote: 
Gonna have to say I agree completely. I'm sure there are lots of tailors out there that would be most grateful not to have to rack items for people.

As a tailor i have to say i really don't mind, and it actually keeps my rack filled with nice clothes people can try on. So for my tailor it's really kinda bad. Still that's not stopping my excitement. ;)
Pleun,

[Jul 18, 2005 12:52:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnRobby

Fiddler wrote: 

It makes sense on the surface, but treating furniture as commodities rather than personal inventory would remove quite a few features.
While I think pillaging a bed would be amusing, this is one of those times where fun is more important than realism.

I agree...I think making it so that you can't carry furniture would just make it more complicated than it already is...Aside from making things more realistic, I see no reason to do that...I don't think that it would be unfair compitition for the furniture stalls to have to compete on a global scale since that's what most of the other stalls do...Apoths (brushs, potions), IMs (swords), Tailors, and now Stills (mugs) all produce items that are "whiskable"...I remember a few people talking about how that the global purse would somehow ruin the economy and I certainly don't think it has...
Also...Would we want the furnishings that we've decorated our ships with to be pillagable???...I think not!...So then if furniture in the hold is pillagable, who in their right mind wouldn't just take the furniture and through it on the deck somewhere?...Sure you might cause it to decay a little bit, but it's only one additional placing and it keeps us from handing over the furniture to brigs who happened to be lucky enough to beat us in a sword fight ;)

As for the furnishings on a boat, I think this is how it should be handled so that we don't have swoops ridiculously crowded with furniture:
1: Assign a Volume and Mass value to all the different furnishings.
2: Add up the Volume and Mass of all the props that come with a particular ship type and add it to the capacity of the hold for that type of ship.
3: Have the Volume and Mass of any props or furniture on the ship added to the Volume and Mass of everything in the hold.
Then, the more furniture and props you have on the ship, the less you can carry in the hold...Therefore this would deter/prevent people from rediculously loading up ships with furniture because they could only hold so much and couldn't fit anything else in the hold if they tried to max it out...But at the same time, I rarely ever come close to maxing out the hold with just commods, so it should still allow for people to add alot of furniture to their ships ;)

I also would think the same method would be appropriate for shops and stalls as well...Possibly even with the houses themselves if they get storage capacities...Though I wouldn't oppose housing being exempt from that if the only reason for having a house is to put furniture in...

Now here's another question...Why do we need to have different boarding houses for different house sizes??...We don't have different bazaars for different stall sizes...So why don't we just have one boarding house and then you go to get a house and it askes you what size, just like with the stalls...Then, if you want to get a bigger or smaller house (don't know why you would want smaller though) you just do the same as with a stall...If it's only an issue of "status", then you could have the listing of rooms list the size aswell as the name...So for example with my shack, instead of it just listing "Daisuke's Rooms" it would say "Daisuke's Shack", "Daisuke's House" or "Daisuke's Manor"...I don't really see why anyone would possibly want two or more houses on the same island, so it really doesn't make sense to have multiple boarding houses...This should help with some of the concerns that have been posted from people about overcrowded islands...

Also, just on the side...I've been trying to think of a possible puzzle for the furnisher and I can't think of anything...The variety of furniture and how they are so completely different doesn't lend itself to a particular theme very well...Just wondering if anyone else was thinking about this...

Cobalt: Lich
Midnight and Ice: Daisuke
[Jul 18, 2005 12:54:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spiderprints

CapnRobby wrote: 
Now here's another question...Why do we need to have different boarding houses for different house sizes??

The rich don't want to live near the poor?? Just like in R/L.

Just a thought.
Knarf
of Drunken Amore
[Jul 18, 2005 1:10:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Comment: It would be nice to see furniture arrangements included in the log. Either a simple entry:

(time) Vistr arranged the furniture.

Or a more complex/complete entry:

(time) Vistr arranged the furniture, adding a (item list)[, removing (item list) of (owner)].

With the part in square brackets being repeatable, as needed, within the one update.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jul 18, 2005 1:18:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
CapnRobby

Spiderprints wrote: 

Just a thought.

HMM...I guess that might be true...But I think that, for the sake of the ocean as a whole, they shouldn't worry about that ;P

The only trick to making the boarding house for all the house types is that the "outside" of the boarding house would have to be modified...

*Bell goes off in head*

Wait!...That's it!...Instead of showing the outside of the building, show the inside, just like with a bazaar...But have it set up more like a hotel lobby or something...And there should be multiple doors, one for each class of house...So if you want to go to a shack, click the door on the left, for a house, click the door in the middle, for a manor, click the door on the right....That way we would have the functionality of multiple boarding houses without having to build three different boarding houses!

Cobalt: Lich
Midnight and Ice: Daisuke

PS: Yes, the did come to me as I was writing...and no, I did not really hear bells in my head ;)
[Jul 18, 2005 1:21:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

/em wonders if this is the first step in ship customization. I would really like it if I could, Remove certain stations put certain stations in and of course fill my brig to the top in cannons. Also It would be really nice to be able to play certain games ie. cannon puzzle, Carpentry, distilling, Shipwrightery from the comfort of my own Home :P.

And I love the idea of furniture on ships, I can see it now, Ship mazes first person to navagate throught the barrels to the other end of the ship wins. This is really starting to sound like Habbo Hotel. But still fun :P.

Quintillaz has been assigned the title of Builder in Dagger Revolution.
Juliah says, "because you "erect" things.... *giggles*"

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Jul 18, 2005 2:38:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

Spiderprints wrote: 
CapnRobby wrote: 
Now here's another question...Why do we need to have different boarding houses for different house sizes??

Just a thought.

Because this makes it so the gov has to decide between a 10th weavery or a nice mansion or boarding house on his already cramped isle. Sucks to be a gov. Should have planned better.

Yeah it sucks for some islands on Midnight... so they need to just suck it up and plan for it to the best of their ability.

Cleaver wrote: 
...but to get greenies, you'll need the 'starter shack'.

Does this mean that the population criteria currently in place will be lifted?
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Jul 18, 2005 2:48:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Thanks to prometheus showing me the rooms in the house type, which cost 20k btw, i can post some screenshots of it.

frontroom

backroom

upstairs

Did i mention yet i love these?

I'll try to rebuild these in YPP tools as well, if/when i have time, a bit busy at the moment.
Pleun,

[Jul 18, 2005 3:03:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

fanta wrote: 
I'll try to rebuild these in YPP tools as well, if/when i have time, a bit busy at the moment.

Just beg for the code ;)
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Jul 18, 2005 3:28:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

fanta wrote: 
Thanks to prometheus showing me the rooms in the house type, which cost 20k btw, i can post some screenshots of it.

Sorry I am confused, is the house 20k or did pro black mail you into paying 20k to see it?

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Jul 18, 2005 3:37:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

No these rooms cost 20k. :D
Pleun,

[Jul 18, 2005 3:38:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

Thats a releif, currently how many kinds of houses are there?

Also

jonmooers wrote: 
fr4nk wrote: 
Regarding the bazaar itself though, these items look as though they will need some serious space for commodities.. so that brings up a concern as to how anyone will run a profitable stall for this type of business.

Specialize in certain types of furniture?

This would be nice, Pirate Style furni (Chests, peices of ships as chairs and tables) Spanish (elegant golden animal style furni), English (Victorian style tables ect.) and hopefully when they do eventually release the asian style Asian furniture (bamboo, nice plush royal stuff).

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Jul 18, 2005 3:46:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
lokonzo

zim_was_here wrote: 
Also It would be really nice to be able to play certain games ie. cannon puzzle.

Finally! I've always wanted to shoot cannons from the comfort of my own home!
Lokonzo- Viridian and Sage
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.
[Jul 18, 2005 3:54:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

lokonzo wrote: 
zim_was_here wrote: 
Also It would be really nice to be able to play certain games ie. cannon puzzle.

Finally! I've always wanted to shoot cannons from the comfort of my own home!

Your hilarious lokonzo, I am sure the puzzles wouldnt apply to anything but would be nice to not mess with your skills and a good way to get practice.

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Jul 18, 2005 4:06:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
McStew721

zim_was_here wrote: 
Thats a releif, currently how many kinds of houses are there?

3 Bazaars exist on Ice: Free Shacks, 20k Houses, and 80k Manors.
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem
[Jul 18, 2005 4:07:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    McStew721 [Link]  Go to top 
lokonzo

I'm sure this has been said somewhere in this topic, but since I don't want to search. You pay the 80k, and you get the mansion forever, or are there taxes?
Lokonzo- Viridian and Sage
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.
[Jul 18, 2005 4:30:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Yup it has been. ;) No rent.
Pleun,

[Jul 18, 2005 4:35:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Diagonti

So a bazaar can have all 3 sizes of stalls. How about housing being able to have all sizes of houses?

If you want to distinguish different grades, limit the housing size based on the size of the boarding house. For example: shacks get to only have shacks, but manors can have manors, houses, bungalows, and shacks.
Jaenelle
Captain of Simply Pirates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Raining Cats and Grog distillery on Cranberry,
Hiring at 29/30/35, full queue since 5/24/05.
Looking for a "Simple" Merchant Galleon
[Jul 18, 2005 4:40:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Diagonti

Will housing be required for anything? If not, I'd like to suggest that the bottom end housing not be free. Make it something you have to work for -- much like your first sloop.
Jaenelle
Captain of Simply Pirates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Raining Cats and Grog distillery on Cranberry,
Hiring at 29/30/35, full queue since 5/24/05.
Looking for a "Simple" Merchant Galleon
[Jul 18, 2005 4:41:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

Will housing be constructed on Epsilon And Alpha? Also, will Furniture Bzaars be placed on those islands and will there be new Shop auctions for furniture shops on Alpha and Epsilon?
[Jul 18, 2005 4:44:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

Hopefully the shops wont go the way of earth; moved or deconstructed for the making of a bi-pass.

/end hhgttg concept.

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Jul 18, 2005 4:54:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates