• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1440 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
DeTheGreat

a question about the program. Reply to this Post

For some reason, everytime I close the PP program I have to un-, and then re-install the program to log in again. When I try to open the program I get this error:

Windows Script Host

Script: C:\program files\yohoho\rsrc\runyo.js
Line: 62
Char: 5
Error: 0x8007FFFF
Code: 8007FFFF
Source:

However if I uninstall PP and then reinstall it, the program will run and play normally again until I log off and close the window. Thus starting the cycle over. It's VERY frustrating. I didn't report this as a bug as I suspect it has something to do with my computer settings not liking the program, and not actually something on the part of the PP program. (PPP?) Any help with this would be greatly appriciated as it would keep me from doing bad things to my computer from having to constantly uninstall and install the same thing. Thanks!
[Aug 30, 2003 7:54:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    DeTheGreat    De+The+Great+1 [Link]  Go to top 
6Dragonfly9

File location error Reply to this Post

What windows are you running? If it be XP, than I think I can help. When I recieved this error upon first playing all I had to do was open the application from the main source; Start--All Programs-- YoHoHo (if this works than copy this shortcut to your desktop). If you still recieve this error, try searching for the main program. One last thing, if you do download it again remember to download it to the location it recommends.

Hope this helps you out.
----------------------------------------
A Note From Yer Local Beta Tester,
Dragonlilly
[Aug 30, 2003 8:13:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dragonslilbird [Link]  Go to top 
MojoChiba

Re: a question about the program. Reply to this Post

The Windows scripting host can get bootched quite often, creating the kinds of errors you are seeing. The easiest way to fix a horked scripting host is to upgrade or reinstall your Internet Explorer. For various reasons, I suggest upgrading to the latest version. You can do this at http://download.microsoft.com/ by clicking on the option to show the entire list (Next 45) and looking for Internet Explorer (currently IE 6 SP1 I believe).
-Mojo Chiba

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
[Aug 30, 2003 9:17:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mojo_chiba [Link]  Go to top 
DeTheGreat

okay, I've tried installing the new IE, and that failed. I also tried going to the actual program and trying it with still no luck. I'm running windows 98 if that matters any... any other ideas guys and gals?
[Aug 30, 2003 2:07:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    DeTheGreat    De+The+Great+1 [Link]  Go to top 
6Dragonfly9

Well I think I am stumped... Reply to this Post

Have you looked on the main Y!PP page to see if your problem is addressed there?

Hmm, are you downloading it to a temp folder? This probably isn't the case, but thought I would ask...
Dragonlilly
[Aug 30, 2003 8:57:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dragonslilbird [Link]  Go to top 
DeTheGreat

Yes, I looked in the support pages, but couldn't find anything. And no, it's definately going to its own folder, not to a temp file.
[Aug 31, 2003 10:46:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    DeTheGreat    De+The+Great+1 [Link]  Go to top 
6Dragonfly9

Just thought I would ask on an off chance... curious of what this could be... When you figure it out could you please post because your issue has peaked me curiousity...?
Dragonlilly
[Aug 31, 2003 1:44:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dragonslilbird [Link]  Go to top 
tipeon

This issue has already been covered (but it's quite buried under the newer posts).
Have a look at http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=10049#10049
and probably in some other threads too.
[Sep 1, 2003 2:00:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeTheGreat

Okay, I give up. I think me computer's booched in and of itself. I've tried the fix above, both in whole, and in parts, and it is still refusin' to load the program after the initial download. This be a fun fun game, but it's annoyin' as hell to have to uninstall, delete, download, and install before I can play each time. *sigh*
[Sep 7, 2003 5:32:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    DeTheGreat    De+The+Great+1 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates