• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9687 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
Lizzie

An explanation of all YPP Terminology Reply to this Post

Just in case you were wondering:

Skellies - Skeletons. They roam the ocean turning up randomly on different islands in large groups (20-50 approx), which are totally spread out. It costs 100 poe to fight em and also a spare item, but quite often can be worth the money, as they give out expensive swords etc sometimes. Also, if you're a survivor when they are beaten, you might win a skull, which you can hold in a portrait.

NPPs - Non Player Pirates - robots, or artificial intelligence. You can tell the difference between NPPs and real people as follows: NPPs have two words in their name (like Hideous Penn) and the name is white coloured. Real people only have one word (like Greasy), and are coloured blue, pink, yellow or green. Sometimes an event character (like Cupid) has a white coloured name, but if they only have one word in their name, its a real person.

Swabbies - NPPs an officer hires to job on their ship if they can't get enough real players.

Brigands - Ships full of NPPs that sail around with lots of money and are great to beat in sea battles. They have different rankings.. its best to go after a high ranked one (i.e. Imperial or Sea Lord) as they pay more.

PoE - Pieces of Eight, the currency in Puzzle Pirates.

Carp/Sail/Bilge - The duty puzzles on ships. Lots of information about these puzzles can be found by searching these forums, or by going to this handy thread:
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=2015

Crafting - Distilling, Apothecary and Shipwrightery are the crafting puzzles that have been implemented. You don't need a job at a distillery, apothecary or shipyard to play those puzzles; just go into a distillery and there is an option to practice the puzzle. The better your rating is at it, the better labour you can provide. If you're really good at one of the puzzles, its a good idea to take a job there. If you do, you'll need to play the puzzle at least once every ten days, otherwise you wont be able to provide any labour. The other crafting puzzles are on their way; to work in the other shops, just take a job there, no puzzling is required.

Booty - The money made when your ship fights other ships and wins. Its usually PoE but sometimes can contain commodities (goods) including that oh-so elusive Kraken's blood. This is divided by the main officer onboard. Each crew has their own booty split - to find out what a crew's split is check out their crew info page. Plus the officer will usually take into account different things like: who fought in every sea battle and who didnt, who has been working really well, who has been lazing about, who has been being rude, who left partway through a journey, and who was never really doing anything on the boat to start with. If ye disagree with the booty, vote nay and send the officer a /tell explaining why.

Krakens blood - Have ye noticed that not many people are wearing black clothes, and that there aren't many black painted ships? That's because black cloth and black paint has to be made with Kraken's blood, which is verrrrrry rare. Ye sometimes luck out while pillaging and score it off the brigands; which is pretty lucky since 1 unit can go for 15,000 PoE these days. :) Krakens are squids that squirt black ink, so its not as silly as you'd think.

Crew/Flag - When you first join the game, you have no crew. You can go jobbing with established crews and if you like them, ask to join them permanently. The pros of having a crew is that you usually earn more, and its easier to find work on a ship. Plus you can get promoted, and run your own ship! Most crews are part of a flag, and there are several flags about. VERY IMPORTANT to look into the crew before you join - there are some good tips to be found on the forum, especially at this link:
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=2023

Hold - Where all the stuff on the ship is stored. Its usually found near the front of the ship. If you click on it, it shows everything that the ship is carrying (minus whatever may be still in the booty) and it also has a list down the bottom of anything you've ordered from any shop and how far away it is from being ready. If its ready, you can select it and click deliver if you be in the port of the island it was made on.

W00t - As far as I know, this is an expression of extreme joy, although I've seen an alternate meaning of "Wonderful Loot".

Foraging - This is when you go to an uncolonised island and take certain commodities from them without paying. Non subscribers cannot forage. To forage, you click on the hold when the ship is in port, and click "forage for commodities". One forage is one hour of labour, and you have 24 hours of labour per account. When you forage, you'll usually get fruit, which can be sold at different markets. Very occasionally you can find gold ore, which is used to make gold cloth/paint.

Might Measurement - your ship is defined as a certain level of difficulty (in comparison with other ships) by tallying up who you have on board. Each person has a certain rating at Sea Battle i.e. Renowned, including NPPs (although all the ones you get on your ship are Able), and these are added up to give you a level of difficulty, which decides what colour you will appear to different ships. i.e. If I have me and three swabbies on board my small sloop, we'll probably show dark blue (way too easy) to any player ships with more than one person on board. If you get the twenty best rated sea battlers on a War Brig, that ship will probably show red (way too hard) to my pathetic ship. :) Its always very amusing to be sailing alongside a green ship, hire a jobber, and the ship turn dark blue. :)

Ship colours - Other ships will appear with a ring of colour around them, ranging from dark blue (very easy) to red (very difficult). This is defined by the might measurement discussed above. Your ship should only really take on ships in the colour range teal, green, yellow as they are around the same difficulty as you. If you want to take on reds, thats fine but you'll most likely lose; if you want to take on blues, get ready to face the black ship.

Crew sea battle ratings - On a crew's info page, it tells you what rating they have in sea battle. The worst rating is Sailors. The best is Imperial. Brigands also have these ratings, and the higher they are the better booty you are likely to get.

Black ship - If the ship yer on is constantly taking on blue ships, soon enough the black ship will come to take its place in battle. Its filled with skellies and I think its the size of a grand frigate. It'll fill yer ship with holes and slam ye in battle; you'll lose most of yer booty and end up with a fairly damaged ship. You will not beat the Black Ship; there's no point in trying. You can't shoot them and they can sail through rocks.

Sea battle and targeting - There are two parts to fighting another ship on the open sea. Firstly when your capt intercepts the other ship or they intercept you, the capt plays a puzzle called sea battling. He moves about using tokens for different directions, trying to make the other ship hit rocks, and tries to damage it with guns. If ye be on sail, ye need to work fast and well because you account for how many tokens the capt gets given. If ye be on carp, prepare for damage if your capt hits the rocks or gets hit by guns. If ye be on guns, fill em up real quick! If ye be on bilge, make sure its kept down because if there is lots of water in the bilge that means the navigator gets less tokens. When the navigator is done trying to damage the other ship, he must grapple them.
The second part is a swordfight between the two ships. This means you can target any one of their players to send your swords and sprinklies to, and the people from the other ship can send theirs to whoever they choose. Its best to team up in teams of 2's and 3's in this battle. Pay attention to the captain because they may have a certain way of doing things. To choose a particular target, click on them. A white box will appear around their status screen. The number of coloured dots next to their screen tells you how many people are targeting them. The colour corresponds to the colour of each person' sword. Remember to recheck targets often, especially when someone is knocked out.

Swords and sprinklies - when ye clear something on yer swordfighting screen, generally half of what you cleared is sent to your opponents screen (although more will be sent over if ye do doubles, triples, etc.) If you clear a block - at least 2x2 of the same colour that has hardened - that sends a sword. The bigger the block, the bigger the sword. If you clear single blocks that havent hardened, that sends sprinklies - the single blocks that fall on yer screen.

Sword Strike/fall/drop patterns - The pattern of what the swords and sprinklies turn into when they fall on yer screen. Its pretty technical :) but different swords have different strike patterns. There's lots of good threads in the forum which tell you all about the different ones and whats best for what strategy.

Combos - If you set up your breakers so one breaker falls and breaks some blocks and because of those blocks breaking another breaker breaks some blocks, that counts as a double. A third break is a triple, fourth a Bingo, fifth a Donkey, and sixth a Vegas. The better combos you do, the more you will send to your opponents screen.

Specific details about all yer swords and patterns and strategies are linked to at this link:
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=670

Stats/Standings - You may notice your stats and experience going up/down as you do the puzzles. (Your experience in Sailing is now Neophyte!) For a list of the ratings and experience go to this link:
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/docs/scoring.html
To check out your own, go to the "Ye" tab and click on your name. For someone else's type /who and their name (i.e. /who greasy) and a box will come up with where they are or when they were last online. Click on their names and you will see their ratings.

Pillaging/Trading/Working - There are a lot of ways to make money on Puzzle Pirates. You can go on a navy ship by doing a mission, but there are more interesting methods out there once ye got the hang of the puzzles. There's the traditional method of pillaging, where ye jump on a ship and fight other ships as detailed above. There's trading where ye buy commodities from one place and sell em to another for a better price, but ye kinda need a ship to do that. And there's working where you get a job at a shop or market and give them your labour hours. Once you have a job, you dont need to do anything although some employers have rules about how much you can forage, or how many jobs you have, as you only get 24 hours of labour per account and this is divided up between employers plus used up by foraging. You can also enter tourneys or play wagered hearts/spades/drinking/swordfighting games which are held in the inns.

Jobbers - Pirates that work on a ship but aren't a member of that ship's crew. Its a good way to make money if you dont have a permanent crew yet or if no-one from yer crew is on. Check out the noticeboard for possible jobs. Try and practice on navy ships for a bit first before ye go jobbing, as people are more likely to hire ye if you have some experience.

Plank - a command the officer on a ship can use to get rid of ye if yer not following orders or lazing about.

Booched - If ye see this word anywhere, you've got something wrong or done something silly.

Oceans/archipelagos/islands - The world of YPP is broken up into these segments. Oceans are the servers we play on - at the moment there are the Midnight, Cobalt, and Viridian Oceans. Archipelagos of Midnight : Diamond, Emerald, Pearl and Sapphire, Coral, Jet, Opal and Ruby. Archipelagos of Cobalt/Viridian: Jade, Garnet, Onyx. Each archipelago has several islands, which are easy to get between by ferry, as long as they are colonised islands. To travel inter-archipelago is a lot harder - you can convince the crew yer traveling with to take you there., or you can buy a whisking potion from the apothecary shoppe.

Drinking - a puzzle ye can challenge people to, like swordfighting. This puzzle is a lot slower and more social, and in fact a lot of fun! You can play group drinking puzzles in the Inns.

Brawling - Like sea battle, but on land. There are brawling tables in the inns.

Familiars - ever seen that cute wee parrot, monkey or octopus sitting on someone shoulder? That's their familiar, and the usual way to win one is to win a contest of some sort endorsed by the Devs. They're run every so often- check the Events forum for details of any coming up.

Free Rum Night/Day - Sometimes the wonderful Devs decide to shout a full days worth of rum. This doesn't mean you can get as much rum free from the distillery that you can fit on your boat unfortunately.. it just means you don't use any rum, and we all function perfectly well as sober pirates. :)

The List - There are still a lot of features to be implemented in Y!PP. Alot of the players have come up with ideas, and anything the creators are thinking about doing is added to the List. Much of the List talked about on the forum is found at this link:
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=1391

Blackspotting and Complaining - Blackspotting is used when someone is making comments that are offensive or bothersome and won't stop when asked, or if someone is continually spamming or shouting. When someone deals a blackspot on someone else, that person is shunned for several minutes, which means they are unable to interact with anyone else in the game. Complaining someone submits a chatlog to the devs so they can see what a person has been saying and deal with them accordingly.

Devs/Ringers - The lovely lovely people that develop this game; the originals being Cleaver, Nemo, Jack, Bluebeard, Peghead and Eric. There are also new developers: Tedv, Hussar, Calrissian, Lizthegrey. They have blue names.

Ocean Masters - Pirates that have been hired by Y!PP to go around helping people out. In alphabetical order, they are: Amphitrite, Artemis, Bia, Clio, Demeter, Dionysus, Eurydice, Hermes, Hypnos, Lelantos, Mnemosyne, Nemesis, Poseidon, and Prometheus. They have blue names.

Greeters - Regular pirates that have offered their services as to help out greenies. They'll do their best to offer assistance to anybody and answer any questions you might have. Greeters have pink names. :)

Greenies/Newbies - Anyone with a green name. New pirates start the game with vividly green names, and these names fade towards yellow a little more every time they log in. Non-subscribers are green, but not all greenies are non-subscribers.

Blockade When a flag wants to own an island, they must blockade it. They have to drop a warchest on the island (basically, spend 100k to attack the island and they dont get it back) and 24 hours after they have dropped the chest the blockade begins. The blockade is like a big sea battle field, with yellow flags to score points. Each team (flag) involved, whether attacking or defending, must take as many ships in as needed; the ships sit close enough to the flags to influence them and collect points, and the team with the most points at the end of the round wins that round. There are 5 rounds to a blockade, and to win an island a flag must win 3 rounds. The ships can shoot at other ships, and if its a sinking blockade, ships can get sunk! If you're on a ship that sinks, you have a slight chance of getting an injury - an eyepatch, hook, or pegleg. A blockade is sinking if two flags involved in the blockade are at war. If no-one is at war in a blockade, the blockade is non sinking.

Grapple During the sea battle, the battle navigator must grapple the other ship to start the sword fight. This entails getting within a square of the other ship and using a grapple token. Its as if you're throwing a rope over to the other ship so you can board in real life :)

PvP PvP means player versus player, or pirate versus pirate. When you're out at sea on a ship, if your ship attacks another player ship, this is called PvP. It can be lots more fun that just attacking AI.

Tournament Board Check out the tournament board in your local inn! There are often sword fighting or drinking tournaments happening - the word tournament is often shortened to tourneys. You can win PoE, or items. Check whether they have an entry fee or not.

Parlor games In the inn, you can find "Parlour Game" tables. Right now, the two available Parlour Games are Hearts and Spades. Feel like a game of cards, there is where you need to go. Have a read up on the rules, and dont abandon the table once a game has started unless you need to! Its bad manners if you do.

For just general assistance in the world of n00b, I found this thread helpful:
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=971

For general piratical terms.. this is a great link:
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=1191

OK *breathes* if I have missed anything out, please let me know here and I'll update. I hope this helps anyone that doesn't understand all the terminology, because I sure didnt when I started. Happy pirating!
----------------------------------------
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Edit 19 times, last edit by Lizzie at Aug 29, 2003 1:55:00 PM]
[Aug 29, 2003 1:55:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jer

Re: An explanation of all YPP Terminology Reply to this Post

How about the following terms defined?

Crafting
The Black Spot
Archipelagoes/Islands/Oceans
Drinking
The List
Might
Buried Treasure

And to nit-pick, doesn't it also cost a spare item to fight the skellies, or has that changed?

Edit: Ooh, almost forgot Booty Shares. That's something people get confused with sometimes ^_^
[size=9]I'm Jericho.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Jer at Aug 29, 2003 2:40:30 PM]
[Aug 29, 2003 2:40:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.pp-nest.net/ [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Thanks, Jericho. I knew I'd missed some stuff out.

About the skellies I wasn't sure as I haven't had a chance to fight em myself yet - but I'll take yer word for it. :)
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Aug 29, 2003 2:42:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jer

I'll try and think of some more terms, but you've done an awesome job in typing all this up!

I didn't mean to seem ungrateful! Thanks a lot for taking the time to do all this ^_^

Also, is it okay if I stick this on the Crow's Nest after you're finished editing it? All credit goes to you, of course!
[size=9]I'm Jericho.
[Aug 29, 2003 2:44:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.pp-nest.net/ [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

For sure ye can stick it there! As long as I get the credit. :P And I meant the thanks, cos i did know i missed some out.

What did ye mean by crafting, as we have no true crafting puzzle yet?
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Aug 29, 2003 2:51:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jer

Lizzie wrote: 
For sure ye can stick it there! As long as I get the credit. :P And I meant the thanks, cos i did know i missed some out.

What did ye mean by crafting, as we have no true crafting puzzle yet?

Exactly! It's up to you, of course... but I was just brainstorming all the PP-related terms that might confuse a fresh young landlubber. Crafting's something that'll be in sometime, but it's not self-explanatory that it's a special puzzle that'll eventually dictate your pay in your job.

Please, it's your guide, and I'm just making suggestions =D
[size=9]I'm Jericho.
[Aug 29, 2003 2:55:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.pp-nest.net/ [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Cool by me. :)
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Aug 29, 2003 3:07:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soma

looks to be ripe for a sticky (or nearly so) Reply to this Post

aside from the obvious point of my post (in topic), woot has a rather interesting history. We now have such a fabulous cry of joy thanks to those many hackers of yore, who decided that yelling 'ROOT!' was too technical for such a lovely event (and for those absolutely not tech savy, root would be the holy land of a hacker's aim. The world (or server, at least) is now at your fingertips.), thus 'woot!'. From there it slowly trickled its way into common usage, thus I'm even known to shout it happily now and then.
Soma
Castaway of Alpha
Survivor of Old Spice & Nyx's Scions
Officer of Black Death
[Aug 29, 2003 6:19:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Wow, you learn something every day. :)
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Aug 29, 2003 6:41:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HuskyTed

heh, I'm glad we covered woot (and it's history) That should help some jobbers understand me better.
Llama's like candy coated bunny holding a daisy and a puppy in one hand and a kitten in the other nice -Misery

[Aug 29, 2003 10:55:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://bobthewonderllama.8m.com    bobthewonderllama    HuskyTed    2722224 [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Bump! Anyone else got anything I've missed or want to correct something?
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Aug 30, 2003 6:17:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Jer also mentioned Crafting (in general) and Buried Treasure - I didn't see those in your (fine) list.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Aug 30, 2003 6:25:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

cmdrzoom wrote: 
Jer also mentioned Crafting (in general) and Buried Treasure - I didn't see those in your (fine) list.

Yeah, yeah, Mr Picky.. I be looking those up at this present moment and finding some information on em, particularly Buried Treasure because I don't know a lot about it. Keep yer pantaloons on. :P
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Aug 30, 2003 6:28:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
6Dragonfly9

Hey one thing you can add, 'kraken's blood'. I know that it is used to make black dye/cloth but many don't. Also what is a kraken is that an alternate title to a dragon? So maybe I don't know that much about it, so sue me.
A Note From Yer Local Beta Tester,
Dragonlilly
[Aug 30, 2003 6:39:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dragonslilbird [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

6Dragonfly9 wrote: 
Hey one thing you can add, 'kraken's blood'. I know that it is used to make black dye/cloth but many don't. Also what is a kraken is that an alternate title to a dragon? So maybe I don't know that much about it, so sue me.

I will add it.. its a squid, incidentally. You know how squids squirt black ink? :)
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Aug 30, 2003 6:40:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
6Dragonfly9

Lizzie wrote: 

I will add it.. its a squid, incidentally. You know how squids squirt black ink? :)

Oh that makes sense, thank ye!

I would just like to say that you are one of the more helpful posters in these forums and don't make some of us ignorant folk feel bad for not knowin' every detail that may seem painfully obvious to the seasoned pirate. Thank you!
A Note From Yer Local Beta Tester,
Dragonlilly
[Aug 30, 2003 8:32:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dragonslilbird [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

6Dragonfly9 wrote: 

I would just like to say that you are one of the more helpful posters in these forums and don't make some of us ignorant folk feel bad for not knowin' every detail that may seem painfully obvious to the seasoned pirate. Thank you!

That was nice of ye to say! Thanks :)
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Aug 30, 2003 9:08:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Bump! :)
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Aug 31, 2003 9:36:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Okay, okay, I'll sticky it. Stop your infernal bumping!

-Nemo
[Aug 31, 2003 12:03:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Nemo wrote: 
Okay, okay, I'll sticky it. Stop your infernal bumping!

-Nemo

Tee hee.. but I like bumping! Bumping is fun! Lets all bump!.. and I don't even have ADHD. :)
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Aug 31, 2003 12:18:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lovemonkey_1

its not woot !!, ITS w00t.
Lovemonkey
[Sep 22, 2003 4:22:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

Could you add familiars when you have a chance, Lizzie?

Edit: thanks! that was quick ;-)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by stevoid at Sep 22, 2003 5:22:57 AM]
[Sep 22, 2003 5:22:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

its not woot !!, ITS w00t.

It's not ITS, it's IT'S.

And based on Soma's explanation, it looks like 133t preteen-secret-code tentacles touched it, making it w00t.
[Sep 22, 2003 5:29:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
akebia

homullus wrote: 
And based on Soma's explanation, it looks like 133t preteen-secret-code tentacles touched it, making it w00t.

D00d, preteen script-kiddie tentacles built that word. It's never been handled by human hands. It saddens me to see it get picked up by piratey hooks. If we're mapping "brb" to "Be right back" and "lol" to "/emote laughs", can we also map "woot" to "I am a juvenile dork"?
[Sep 23, 2003 3:17:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kozmic

Cha, no, because then when we won battles, it would go like this:

d00d1: Yay!
d00d2: Huzzah!
d00d3: I am a juvenile dork!

Then again, that might be a marvelous idea.
[size=10]Kozmic- that one person in the Far Too Jolly Rogers

Jellybeanz- that other person in the Far Too Jolly Rogers

Hugglebear- member of XOXOXO Snuggle Pirates
[Sep 23, 2003 3:18:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JeSuisLaChatte [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

And you know, people would STILL USE IT, even knowing it did that.

Sounds good to me.
[Sep 23, 2003 3:20:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Sounds like a good plan, methinks. There is a bunch of different abbrevs I would like mapped, actually...
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 23, 2003 9:38:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
squig

One thing that might be nice to add to the list of terms is "Free Rum Night/Day". I've been around countless new pirates who, upon hearing it, instantly tell the officer of the ship to go load up on rum. :)

-Squig
[Sep 29, 2003 3:58:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alie

I personally would like AFK mapped.
[Sep 29, 2003 4:20:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    strangeQuarks [Link]  Go to top 
Genavee

Alie wrote: 
I personally would like AFK mapped.

You're in luck then!

/away and /afk are now the same, and are for an away message.

You use it in the following way:
/afk [message] or /away [message]

To clear the away message, simply use /back.

There now... a quick read of the release notes will cover off the rest.
Genavee

Senior Officer of The Sea Dogs
[Sep 29, 2003 4:24:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates