• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 706 times and has 4 replies
Merchxnt

Egg Render Testing 2021 - Render your eggs inside Adobe Photoshop! [How To] Reply to this Post

Hi all current and future egg-artists!

I've decided this needs its own thread.

My goal is to simplify the process for egg rendering. This process also produces a way for egg designers to test their own flat egg designs to see how they turn out instantly rather than posting them on the forums for a third party to render.

This method will also make designing eggs easier, allowing full egg rotation at ease inside Photoshop updating instantly.

You can even create your design on it - and instantly see the updated 3D version of your egg render.

To Get Started

Steps

• Download PSD Template above.
  • Open Adobe Photoshop.
  • Double Click Diffuse -> EggTemplateGrid- Default Texture

• Click File -> Place Embedded -> Select your flat egg design. (or create your design here) Also ensure your flat egg design fits within the document boundaries.
  • Once you're done adding your egg design, close this window and press Save on any dialogue boxes.
  • You can now rotate your egg to make sure it is seamless, and displays how you like. After checking egg is seamless undo the rotation action so it exports at the right angle.
  • Ensure the egg layer is selected. Click 3D -> Render 3D Layer. (Wait for egg to render)

• Export file as PNG-24 at W: 33px x H: 39px (This is the size required for the egg competition)

Examples using this method:

Current Known Issues/Possible Future Tweaks Required

• Compare current egg rendering and ensure egg angle is same or similar. Need to adjust to ensure angle is same to that as used ingame.
  • Check outline used for egg matches close to what is being used ingame. Currently using a stroke in Photoshop.
  • 3D Egg Model may show black on CS6,

Please give this a try, I will help with any questions and testing can help refine my steps to make it easier for other people to use!

Consider this a support or question thread and share your rendered egg designs.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Merchxnt at May 6, 2020 1:47:52 AM]
[May 6, 2020 1:44:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Re: Egg Render Testing 2021 - Render your eggs inside Adobe Photoshop! [How To] Reply to this Post

This is fun and all, but photoshop costs money.
There's plenty of Arrrtists that make eggs using just Microsoft Paint or other free programs.
So for us, we still need people to render.. :(
Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Jellyx
[May 6, 2020 3:57:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merchxnt

Re: Egg Render Testing 2021 - Render your eggs inside Adobe Photoshop! [How To] Reply to this Post

This is fun and all, but photoshop costs money.
There's plenty of Arrrtists that make eggs using just Microsoft Paint or other free programs.
So for us, we still need people to render.. :(

Understandable. However this is targeted at those with photoshop. I wish there was a solution for people to do this themselves with MS Paint etc.

This is a helpful tool to know what parts of designs to adjust/warp etc to make the egg design look better. I will add more examples to the OP that I've designed and generated from here.

Also not endorsing it, but photoshop can easily be downloaded on sites like here (I've tried this and it works)

Edit: Also adding this, not sure if you are one of the routine renderers for the year. I'm not trying to take your job away but it simply helps other designers using this process. Yeah, I'm sure people will still post in the thread but this is an instantaneous result so you can test your own design and see if it turned out how you want.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Merchxnt at May 6, 2020 7:01:06 AM]
[May 6, 2020 6:56:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Have you tried this in the free, browser-based https://www.photopea.com/ ?

Rather than promoting pirating (not the puzzley kind), might be a good solution to those who can't afford photoshop, if it has the capability. I'm not sure on the strength of its 3D offerings.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at May 6, 2020 7:47:53 AM]
[May 6, 2020 7:47:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merchxnt

Have you tried this in the free, browser-based https://www.photopea.com/ ?

Rather than promoting pirating (not the puzzley kind), might be a good solution to those who can't afford photoshop, if it has the capability. I'm not sure on the strength of its 3D offerings.

Great app suggestion! Unfortunately it doesn't support 3D.
[May 6, 2020 1:21:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates