• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 883 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Scarpath

A New Game Reply to this Post

I need to learn how to program. I love puzzle pirates, I want another game like it. The devs have abandoned this, maybe if people made a new version of it that was themed a little different, and only had cosmetics cost real money, we could have a good game.

I miss this game, but there are so many problems that it's unplayable.
----------------------------------------
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Oct 5, 2019 2:10:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: A New Game Reply to this Post

I need to learn how to program. I love puzzle pirates, I want another game like it. The devs have abandoned this, maybe if people made a new version of it that was themed a little different, and only had cosmetics cost real money, we could have a good game.

I miss this game, but there are so many problems that it's unplayable.

Copying another game will result in you getting into trouble with GH anyway for copyright, devs have abandoned because they can't afford to pay the devs. Even if you did make a new pirate game just like this one, it would mostly like start off with a very low player base or die more rapidly, remember it's 2019 not 2002 things change.
Competitions are now over. boohoo

Yumisa is hawt. Thanks for avvie

A fellow victim of neglect, from YPP.
[Oct 6, 2019 1:25:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

Copying another game will result in you getting into trouble with GH anyway for copyright, devs have abandoned because they can't afford to pay the devs. Even if you did make a new pirate game just like this one, it would mostly like start off with a very low player base or die more rapidly, remember it's 2019 not 2002 things change.

You can't copyright video games ideas. Hell, half of PP puzzles are copies of other games.

e: Both Whirled and Bang Howdy got open sourced after GH decided not maintain them. And now Whirled is available at whirled.club, BH was also a thing for a while but apparently the guy who ran it was a massive hack-fraud so it got shut down eventually.
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shinito at Oct 7, 2019 3:19:39 AM]
[Oct 7, 2019 3:13:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

If you're going to go through the effort of making a new game (and be warned, it's a LOT of work), please change the theme. I would love to see a space-themed puzzle game.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Oct 10, 2019 4:25:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fransil

The only thing I miss about the game, other than the hearties, is the headbutting with the Pillage/battlenav AI... I'd sure like to look at that code
Cruzo of Obsidian
(Dead and gone)
[Oct 12, 2019 10:51:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Agreed, even though blockading was good back in the old days, 20 frigs a side.
Competitions are now over. boohoo

Yumisa is hawt. Thanks for avvie

A fellow victim of neglect, from YPP.
[Oct 13, 2019 4:13:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates