• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 559 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
MuffGoo

Steam is a good thing but. Reply to this Post

Having Puzzle pirates on steam is such a good thing, but why is it that when you get on steam you automatically get chucked onto an underpopulated island. don't you think it would be smart to put them onto Emerald where they can talk to people and work out what to do on the game?
[Oct 1, 2019 9:35:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Steam is a good thing but. Reply to this Post

Having Puzzle pirates on steam is such a good thing, but why is it that when you get on steam you automatically get chucked onto an underpopulated island. don't you think it would be smart to put them onto Emerald where they can talk to people and work out what to do on the game?

Yes, Obsidian is dead compared to even Cerulean or Meridian, but my understanding is that GH made a special arrangement with Steam to make Obsidian exclusive to Steam. GH thought this would be a win. So, all Steam players go to Obsidian, and only Steam players can get to Obsidian.

Personally, I think that all new players should go to Emerald. Right now, even non-steam players get sent to Merdian and Cerulean some of the time. Winding down Obsidian may have legal problems, depending on the contract GH has with Steam.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Oct 2, 2019 6:37:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates