• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1203 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
cbremner13

Save YPP Reply to this Post

As a player I've noticed a big reason I want to stop playing the game is the limited amount of ways to bring in poe. Everything costs so much and it almost feels like you have to buy dubs to be able to afford anything. The investment of your time and the return on investment just does not seem worthwhile at the moment. Would love to see the amount made in multiple aspects of the game(pillies, kh, cit runs, CI's) increase.
[Sep 11, 2019 10:15:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: Save YPP Reply to this Post

As a player I've noticed a big reason I want to stop playing the game is the limited amount of ways to bring in poe. Everything costs so much and it almost feels like you have to buy dubs to be able to afford anything. The investment of your time and the return on investment just does not seem worthwhile at the moment. Would love to see the amount made in multiple aspects of the game(pillies, kh, cit runs, CI's) increase.

Then quit? no point increasing aspects of the game, because only then dubs will just go up. Then you'll be in the same situation again.
----------------------------------------
Competitions are now over. boohoo

Yumisa is hawt. Thanks for avvie

A fellow victim of neglect, from YPP.
[Sep 12, 2019 12:11:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Everything costs so much [...] Would love to see the amount made in multiple aspects of the game(pillies, kh, cit runs, CI's) increase.

See: Wage-Price Spiral
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Sep 12, 2019 7:37:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Posts like this are why the forums need a like button.

[Sep 19, 2019 12:23:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jirges

Does the game still have devs that actually make changes to the base code, or do they just make in-game plushies?

I was very active in the game in the early 00's and check back in every so often just to see whats going on or participate in a blockade.
I think what really needs to happen, if this game wants to stay alive (which I don't think it honestly does) is to look realistically at the type of player that plays this game, or that has fallen away. 10 years ago I was able to sit and play for a couple hours straight, which would let me pillage with friends, or make a trade run or work on my stall. Now, I can fit in 20-30 minutes in throughout the day, but I can't pillage. I have to wait for 5 min to fill a sloop, or I have to leave after 2 battles and I feel bad for abandoning a navver. It seems everything pirate-y in this game that has any sort of accomplishment takes hours upon hours of dedicated time investment. And the things that are really cool all take a group of friends that have that same kind of time commitment.

Granted, I'm older now, not nearly as cool, and have other things in my life going on, so it's not like the game moved in a different direction. But I don't think it's moved in ANY direction, and that's the issue. I'm sure there is no money to pay someone to develop, so there's not much that could be done, but I don't know if they even want to make it better. Maybe they are selling new pets with new colors just to keep the servers up?
Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

Mentos says, "im a tart huh? i thought mentos were sweet?"
Ladysheena says, "you're the sour apple kind"
[Nov 4, 2019 7:25:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Does the game still have devs that actually make changes to the base code, or do they just make in-game plushies?

Nope, hasn't since before Obsidian died 6 months ago.

I was very active in the game in the early 00's and check back in every so often just to see whats going on or participate in a blockade.
I think what really needs to happen, if this game wants to stay alive (which I don't think it honestly does) is to look realistically at the type of player that plays this game, or that has fallen away. 10 years ago I was able to sit and play for a couple hours straight, which would let me pillage with friends, or make a trade run or work on my stall. Now, I can fit in 20-30 minutes in throughout the day, but I can't pillage. I have to wait for 5 min to fill a sloop, or I have to leave after 2 battles and I feel bad for abandoning a navver. It seems everything pirate-y in this game that has any sort of accomplishment takes hours upon hours of dedicated time investment. And the things that are really cool all take a group of friends that have that same kind of time commitment.

The game has entered a world where nobody cares anymore, that things are exactly the same as they were 13 years ago. People that currently still play somehow still like doing the puzzles and being on pillages. Greedy Pillaging was a very good idea to bring pillages relevant, but people these days do not want to wait, it doesn't help as well when Emerald was and still is the most toxic ocean on the game.

Granted, I'm older now, not nearly as cool, and have other things in my life going on, so it's not like the game moved in a different direction. But I don't think it's moved in ANY direction, and that's the issue. I'm sure there is no money to pay someone to develop, so there's not much that could be done, but I don't know if they even want to make it better. Maybe they are selling new pets with new colors just to keep the servers up?

Your pretty spot on with the game hasn't moved in any direction, as said Devs gave up on the game because Grey Havens couldn't afford and gave up on Obsidian so now there really is no other direction that the game can go, with what has happened with Obsidian, players would not want to move again.

[Nov 4, 2019 10:32:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates