• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1439 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Falchnath12

A great merge? Reply to this Post

Let's be serious. most of the oceans are dead. or have little to no player base.
I think that Puzzle Pirates can't afford to keep all the oceans running. Lack of player base for a new pirate is a serious off-put and would make anyone stop playing the game, With lack of interactions!

Why don't we just merge all oceans into one great big ocean? We don't have to loose items or anything. Eventually the eco will work itself out, And so will standings.
And for the Subscribers oceans, just give them a reward of an X amount of Dubloons for being a Subscriber during the Merge!

If they don't like it ? So what... There's 5 of them anyway? (Laughs)

We need to sort this out! Also... I think a great way to advertise the game would be to get YouTubers on board. A YouTube advertisement doesn't cost much! I've seen private servers from other games manage to afford a YT Advertisement and if we get a decent enough of players from a YT Advertisement = People making YouTube Videos of your game = More members and more population. More voyages and much more for everyone else!

There's a lot that could be done to improve the player base on the game. And I'm not sure if YOU OOO Are making the right decisions to help people get involved in your game. There's money to be made, And ways to do it! If you don't know the correct steps.. Make me an OM And I'll single handed make the game populated again!
----------------------------------------
Dagge - Emerald Ocean!
[Sep 11, 2019 2:07:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: A great merge? Reply to this Post

Let's be serious. most of the oceans are dead. or have little to no player base.
I think that Puzzle Pirates can't afford to keep all the oceans running. Lack of player base for a new pirate is a serious off-put and would make anyone stop playing the game, With lack of interactions!

Why don't we just merge all oceans into one great big ocean? We don't have to loose items or anything. Eventually the eco will work itself out, And so will standings.
And for the Subscribers oceans, just give them a reward of an X amount of Dubloons for being a Subscriber during the Merge!

If they don't like it ? So what... There's 5 of them anyway? (Laughs)

We need to sort this out! Also... I think a great way to advertise the game would be to get YouTubers on board. A YouTube advertisement doesn't cost much! I've seen private servers from other games manage to afford a YT Advertisement and if we get a decent enough of players from a YT Advertisement = People making YouTube Videos of your game = More members and more population. More voyages and much more for everyone else!

There's a lot that could be done to improve the player base on the game. And I'm not sure if YOU OOO Are making the right decisions to help people get involved in your game. There's money to be made, And ways to do it! If you don't know the correct steps.. Make me an OM And I'll single handed make the game populated again!

Do you seriously read the forums of what I post? pretty sure you haven't, read my posts and you'll understand the state of the game thank you :)
Competitions are now over. boohoo

Yumisa is hawt. Thanks for avvie

A fellow victim of neglect, from YPP.
[Sep 12, 2019 12:07:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

If people only read your posts on the forums, no one would want to play the game anymore. If all you are going to do is be a forum troll, at least be good at it.
[Sep 12, 2019 10:46:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Falchnath12

If people only read your posts on the forums, no one would want to play the game anymore. If all you are going to do is be a forum troll, at least be good at it.

There's no troll here. Just simple facts.
Dagge - Emerald Ocean!
[Sep 12, 2019 1:58:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Less people are playing so I'm doing a good job? I have given valuable knowledge to the forums, yet ppl don't like the truth so not my problem.

[Sep 13, 2019 4:32:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Less people are playing so I'm doing a good job? I have given valuable knowledge to the forums, yet ppl don't like the truth so not my problem.

When you check the forums and see the last couple messages are from Hidemyhoney

[Sep 17, 2019 11:42:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cencul7

When you check the forums and see the last couple messages are from Hidemyhoney

Posts like this are why the forums need a like button.
Cencul
[Sep 17, 2019 6:24:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Shows how much people have given up on the game. But back on topic, great merge is pointless.

[Sep 18, 2019 2:56:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cutingchris

I'm not quite sure if you're serious or trolling. Meridian's economy never "worked itself out" as you eloquently put it and there were massive issues from the get-go. A lot of players actually left after the merger and I think having a game map of that size would be ridiculous. Not to mention that Emerald still has over 400 people on at peak times (which is actually pretty good in a post-Obsidian world), so to say all oceans are dead is a little exaggerated

Don't get me started on your subscribers idea, lol.

YouTube advertisements are notoriously quite expensive, while it would be brilliant to see YPP advertised on YT, it would be a big investment in something that may not even work in order to get a profit.

There's a lot that could be done to improve the player base on the game. And I'm not sure if YOU OOO Grey Havens Are making the right decisions to help people get involved in your game. There's money to be made, And ways to do it! If you don't know the correct steps... Make me an OM And I'll single handed make the game populated again!

There is a lot that could be done, for example, I've wanted new islands to be opened on Emerald (and Meridian) for some time and it would be awesome to see such a thing, especially in the Crab or Canis archipelagos. Oh and bring back double poe/chest weekends again for CI/HS/Lantis/Pillages/Flotillas, because that would actually be really fun and would hopefully get more people involved. but I'm hopeful Grey Havens (who took over a while ago from OOO) have their own ideas.
Magneto - Emerald

Cutingchris - Meridian Malachite (will never be forgotten)
[Nov 29, 2019 12:57:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

Personally I think all of humanity should be merged into a single consciousness ala Evangalion. I'm sure if they put up some ads they can get it done.
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Nov 30, 2019 11:21:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cencul7

I'm hopeful Grey Havens (who took over a while ago from OOO) have their own ideas.

Bro I don't remember you being so funny lmao
Cencul
[Dec 2, 2019 7:23:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cutingchris

I'm hopeful Grey Havens (who took over a while ago from OOO) have their own ideas.

Bro I don't remember you being so funny lmao

Same. I'm full of surprises
Magneto - Emerald

Cutingchris - Meridian Malachite (will never be forgotten)
[Dec 3, 2019 2:24:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

Someone doesn't understand what the Gray Havens are.
[Dec 3, 2019 7:35:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Someone doesn't understand what the Gray Havens are.

You both are incorrect and Heres WHY!

OOO sold the game to Sega that do sonic and etc, that's when the real decline of the game happened, then Sega didn't want the extra weight of a dead game so then Grey Havens who are former OMs that do not want to be unemployed, decided to try and keep the game running not save it. If your wondering about Obsidian's existence failing for a buzzkill not a perminate fix, neither the last merge, as it happened in 2012 it killed the stronger oceans which is why were stuck with Emerald. Enjoy!

[Dec 3, 2019 10:35:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates