• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2433 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Waffleirons

What is the state of development? Reply to this Post

I realise there is no developer. I played this game since I can remember and I don't want it to die the inevitable slow death that it is doing.

What will it take for them to release the code to a developer who actually wants to retain what is left of the community.

They have the money to keep the payment gateways running so you can buy dubloons but what about when there's nobody left to buy them?
[Sep 6, 2019 6:38:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: What is the state of development? Reply to this Post

I realise there is no developer. I played this game since I can remember and I don't want it to die the inevitable slow death that it is doing.

You can't stop the decline, I'm surprised Emerald still is alive after Obsidian. But I've heard its rapidly declining.

What will it take for them to release the code to a developer who actually wants to retain what is left of the community.

Whenever people RMT less which is not gonna happen, probably whenever Grey Havens has enough money to pay for a developer.

They have the money to keep the payment gateways running so you can buy dubloons but what about when there's nobody left to buy them?

Then Puzzle Pirates will be shut down, wouldn't be the worst idea at this point.
----------------------------------------
Competitions are now over. boohoo

Yumisa is hawt. Thanks for avvie

A fellow victim of neglect, from YPP.
[Sep 6, 2019 7:29:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oldice

You can't stop the decline, I'm surprised Emerald still is alive after Obsidian. But I've heard its rapidly declining.

Well, I'm trying to keep people interested in the game and remind them that the community is actually holding up, for the past 2 months the amount of players online has averaged between 200 and 350 daily, it peaked last Sunday almost reaching 500 players, the weekend before that it peaked at 400 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I wouldn't say the game is alive, but it's not rapidly declining :P
[Sep 13, 2019 2:11:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

It's only 400+ on weekends due to the mass amount of alts, in blockades which is around 200 everyone does it. You'll be surprised on how low the population is without alts. Obsidian piled on more pirates than emerald ever has since the first merge. Better off moving to obsidian than die in on emerald.
----------------------------------------
Competitions are now over. boohoo

Yumisa is hawt. Thanks for avvie

A fellow victim of neglect, from YPP.
[Sep 13, 2019 4:38:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates