• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6414 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Beardedjack5

Bringing players back to dark seas Reply to this Post

Everyone knows dark seas is a dead game. obsidian ocean went from the most popular ocean to completely dead fast. I feel like if constant updates like other MMOs do where happening, dark seas would be able to regain its player base. I'm not saying new pets or anything, real updates. A few examples I would say that could potentially really bring this game back is a new fighting puzzle, its been just rumble and sword fighting for the longest time. IF there was a new fighting puzzle added, it could definitely interest new and returning players. An idea of how to do this is possibly like puzzle league, but with a puzzle pirates twist, or like puzzle and dragons, but applicable as a fighting puzzle, or even possibly making the puzzle and dragons like puzzle a alternative to bilge. This would make all voyages more enjoyable, since pillages you can add another form a fight rather than just the brigands and barbarians, and for something like CI instead of rumble, SF, rumble, SF, that can get thrown in the rotation as well. Or possibly a new voyage option around this fighting puzzle. The second content update Id recommend is adding big events that happen every weekend to bring players online for the weekend. Blockades usually bring players online because of the good pay, but something where you can win things, and is controlled by other pirates. and the third content update Id recommend is, of course, a graphical overhaul, at least an option to bring the graphics up near modern day indie games. This game has mostly the same graphics as it did all the way back in 2003. It needs to look more modern after all these years. also some small changes I would recommend is higher pay for flotillas, or possibly turn this into a huge change and add a new dimension to flotillas, similar to greedys from pillages. Also for dark seas, a nerf to wagers, so that a few pirates don't end up owning 99% of the wealth in the game like what unfortunately happened to the original puzzle pirates. Then of course, what is the point of adding fresh new content if nobody knows about it? I think some form of advertisement of some kind would help this game tremendously and let the game be more known out there. and lastly, of course, what everybody keeps telling three rings, we need puzzle pirates to come to mobile. And not just a glitchy iPad port, but a port to work on all mobile devices including android, and with how far technology has gone, it should be easier to put such a huge game into your pocket nowadays. I think all of these changes over a certain period of time with a roadmap that players know of can truly help both this game get more players and more enjoyable and in turn give your development team more money in your pockets. But of all these changes, I feel advertising your game would be the easiest and most effective way to bring players into the game. Maybe even make all this content exclusive to dark seas, so more players can stick to that ocean and bring everyone from other oceans to there. Make Puzzle Pirates great again. :)
[Aug 28, 2019 3:19:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: Bringing players back to dark seas Reply to this Post

Everyone knows dark seas is a dead game. obsidian ocean went from the most popular ocean to completely dead fast. I feel like if constant updates like other MMOs do where happening, dark seas would be able to regain its player base. I'm not saying new pets or anything, real updates. A few examples I would say that could potentially really bring this game back is a new fighting puzzle, its been just rumble and sword fighting for the longest time. IF there was a new fighting puzzle added, it could definitely interest new and returning players. An idea of how to do this is possibly like puzzle league, but with a puzzle pirates twist, or like puzzle and dragons, but applicable as a fighting puzzle, or even possibly making the puzzle and dragons like puzzle a alternative to bilge. This would make all voyages more enjoyable, since pillages you can add another form a fight rather than just the brigands and barbarians, and for something like CI instead of rumble, SF, rumble, SF, that can get thrown in the rotation as well. Or possibly a new voyage option around this fighting puzzle. The second content update Id recommend is adding big events that happen every weekend to bring players online for the weekend. Blockades usually bring players online because of the good pay, but something where you can win things, and is controlled by other pirates. and the third content update Id recommend is, of course, a graphical overhaul, at least an option to bring the graphics up near modern day indie games. This game has mostly the same graphics as it did all the way back in 2003. It needs to look more modern after all these years. also some small changes I would recommend is higher pay for flotillas, or possibly turn this into a huge change and add a new dimension to flotillas, similar to greedys from pillages. Also for dark seas, a nerf to wagers, so that a few pirates don't end up owning 99% of the wealth in the game like what unfortunately happened to the original puzzle pirates. Then of course, what is the point of adding fresh new content if nobody knows about it? I think some form of advertisement of some kind would help this game tremendously and let the game be more known out there. and lastly, of course, what everybody keeps telling three rings, we need puzzle pirates to come to mobile. And not just a glitchy iPad port, but a port to work on all mobile devices including android, and with how far technology has gone, it should be easier to put such a huge game into your pocket nowadays. I think all of these changes over a certain period of time with a roadmap that players know of can truly help both this game get more players and more enjoyable and in turn give your development team more money in your pockets. But of all these changes, I feel advertising your game would be the easiest and most effective way to bring players into the game. Maybe even make all this content exclusive to dark seas, so more players can stick to that ocean and bring everyone from other oceans to there. Make Puzzle Pirates great again. :)

The very same thing thAt's been said for past 2 years, obsidian was a failure for 3 reasons they include, obsidian wasn't different to main oceans at all, PvP focused was dumb which proved that devs did not read up in forums on why PvP doesn't work on this game and finally lack of developer attention after that. Another fighting puzzle? I see no point in that, advertising do you realize how much advertising cost? Grey havens can't afford it with the income that this game makes, people rather rmt than buy dubs to support the game. If you want to make flotillas more interesting? Add skilled swabbies like a previous thread has happened.
----------------------------------------
Competitions are now over. boohoo

Yumisa is hawt. Thanks for avvie

A fellow victim of neglect, from YPP.
[Aug 28, 2019 4:07:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates