• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10679 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
hidemyhoney

Please merge Jade/Opal with Emerald Reply to this Post

Hi everyone I like talking about things that get neglected on a daily basis which is a real shame. But I do have some good news today I have found a solution. We can merge jade/opal with emerald but why would we do this? Here's why!

For many years jade/opal have been neglected for a long period of time, that had a wide range of players that aren't just from California, but it brought new cultures to the game. By so with these differ end cultures can help support the player's grow again by looking at different areas from around the world. Instead of trying to bring older players back from the same areas who have given up many years ago. So therefore it attracts new player bases not just the same ones. With emerald as the centre piece and the last stand, by merging jade/opal will give a better opportunity to attract different places around the world. This would benefit the game long term.

Your thoughts would be lovely to hear! <3
----------------------------------------
Competitions are now over. boohoo

Yumisa is hawt. Thanks for avvie

A fellow victim of neglect, from YPP.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hidemyhoney at Jul 25, 2019 1:17:55 AM]
[Jul 25, 2019 1:17:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eryuaryu

Re: Please merge Jade/Opal with Emerald Reply to this Post

really? opal and jade?

better to merge all or wipe all old servers start obsidian 2.0 one server.. the new ocean map take the best half of meridian and emerald islands for nostalgia, do pirate transfer, make it easier for new players to do stuff ... and advertise etc.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by eryuaryu at Jul 25, 2019 8:42:40 PM]
[Jul 25, 2019 8:24:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

really? opal and jade?

better to merge all or wipe all old servers start obsidian 2.0 one server.. the new ocean map take the best half of meridian and emerald islands for nostalgia, do pirate transfer, make it easier for new players to do stuff ... and advertise etc.

Wipe all oceans and start obsidian 2.0 sounds like a great suggestion more thoughts please :)

400th Post! Special thanks to everyone over the past year trying to keep the game alive! hopefully more action in the future :) Remember to go on those PvPs! <3 on Obsidian <3

[Jul 26, 2019 1:50:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eryuaryu

Wipe all oceans and start obsidian 2.0 sounds like a great suggestion more thoughts please :)

400th Post! Special thanks to everyone over the past year trying to keep the game alive! hopefully more action in the future :) Remember to go on those PvPs! <3 on Obsidian <3

All the failings of obsidian must be rooted out, features that players don't want should be remove. Add new things and improve or fix any puzzling mechanics that players feels broken like patching !

no point releasing new one without changing anything :)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by eryuaryu at Jul 26, 2019 5:22:24 AM]
[Jul 26, 2019 5:16:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Exactly how would this be accomplished? Merging two oceans with primarily different languages is a bad idea in the first place. And given that Opal and Jade use the same geography as the two oceans that were merged to make Emerald, adding the islands to the ocean would be rather silly. But there's no practical way to merge things into the existing islands.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Jul 28, 2019 11:20:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Exactly how would this be accomplished? Merging two oceans with primarily different languages is a bad idea in the first place. And given that Opal and Jade use the same geography as the two oceans that were merged to make Emerald, adding the islands to the ocean would be rather silly. But there's no practical way to merge things into the existing islands.

Different languages bring in different communities, not just the same players from America that quit years ago. Puzzle pirates has to look for new regions that support different languages like India for example. But then again no developer to make this possible. You wouldn't have to merge the islands with it, just merge the players bring the language element too when they start playing, they get to choose which language they want to play in like you do before you watch a DVD. Then you can discard jade/opal.

[Jul 28, 2019 2:15:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eryuaryu

no
[Jul 29, 2019 8:06:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Yes

[Jul 30, 2019 6:58:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eryuaryu

[Aug 23, 2019 10:57:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RaggedAndy

I think Emerald is too big (geographically) as it is. Merging in any other oceans would just make that problem worse.

It would be nice if there were a way to transfer your pirate from a dormant ocean to an active one. I'm not suggesting moving every pirate; I'm suggesting making it a special request, like renaming a ship or a flag.
It would need controls, of course -- limits on frequency, what can be transferred along with the pirate, verification of name availability, account relationships, pirate slot availability; and it should be expensive.

I'd love to transfer Raggedandy from Meridian to Emerald -- particularly if I could bring the ships and furniture. [I'd settle for just the ships.]
RaggedAndy, Senior Officer in Mermaid's Typhoon on the Meridian Ocean,
Vulfe, Officer in League of Shadows on Emerald,
and various alts elsewhere.
I'm a freaking old phart. Deal with it!
[Aug 25, 2019 7:16:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ABPeed [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

I think Emerald is too big (geographically) as it is. Merging in any other oceans would just make that problem worse.

It would be nice if there were a way to transfer your pirate from a dormant ocean to an active one. I'm not suggesting moving every pirate; I'm suggesting making it a special request, like renaming a ship or a flag.
It would need controls, of course -- limits on frequency, what can be transferred along with the pirate, verification of name availability, account relationships, pirate slot availability; and it should be expensive.

I'd love to transfer Raggedandy from Meridian to Emerald -- particularly if I could bring the ships and furniture. [I'd settle for just the ships.]

yeah i agree, 24h to move a ship to thw other side ha.

like rm's you need 200 to swap ocean ?
Captain of Grand Unification(emerald) Retired
Captain of Sea Sick(dark seas)
#1 : Obsidian Greeter
[Aug 26, 2019 5:52:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

yeah i agree, 24h to move a ship to thw other side ha.

like rm's you need 200 to swap ocean ?

10k rms 200 is way too low especially for moving to another ocean or selling out.

[Aug 28, 2019 3:59:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fransil

Can we merge with Fortnite? Kthx.
Cruzo of Obsidian
(Dead and gone)
[Aug 31, 2019 8:06:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Falchnath12

Think we should move all pirates to Emerald in its entirety. Would make the game a little less dead.
Dagge - Emerald Ocean!
[Sep 11, 2019 2:11:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Think we should move all pirates to Emerald in its entirety. Would make the game a little less dead.

Then we will completely kill the game great idea!

[Sep 12, 2019 12:09:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Falchnath12

How would make the players all in one ocean kill the game? People don't join a different ocean in order to avoid other pirates. It's just normally what they were designated from the beginning.

If anything it'd help the community.
Dagge - Emerald Ocean!
[Sep 12, 2019 1:59:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

How would make the players all in one ocean kill the game? People don't join a different ocean in order to avoid other pirates. It's just normally what they were designated from the beginning.

If anything it'd help the community.

And kill the game quicker. Better to have jade/opal so emerald players don't get annoyed from extra wealth from sub players.

[Sep 13, 2019 4:35:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates