• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4838 times and has 14 replies
Hera
OceanMaster

[Event] Come Fight Me! Pillage an Oceanmaster! Reply to this Post

Coming soon, some Ocean Masters will be sailing random routes on Obsidian at random times in sloops with goods that can be pillaged! Ever fancied lining up an OM in yer gunning sites and blowing holes in their ships? This is the event for you!

When: Random Times, starting soon!
Who: Hera! Nemesis! Clotho!
Where: Obsidian!
How: ???

We will broadcast that we are sailing so you will know when one of us is about and available to attack. There will be multiple ships named 'Come Fight Me'; after we are engaged we may then change ship and start sailing a different route depending on the damage we have taken, how much loot we have left or simply how mean we are feeling at the time!

Different Oceanmasters may have different strategies for the battle; some of us aren't as incredible at battle navigation as others! Please note:

• We may run and you may have to chase us!
  • We may try to blow holes back into you!
  • Engaging us will not guarantee you a win!
  • You will need to pay attention to might rings
  • We won't rescue you from El Pollo Diablo if you invoke its wraith!
  • At times there may be more than one OM on board!
  • We may be vindictive and broadcast that we lost and to whom and where that boat is!
  • We like to be sneaky!
  • We may 'egg' your ship if we are displeased! (Well, Hera may...)
  • You may feel our wraith in other ways!
  • Expect the unexpected!

Whats in it for me?: Filling my ship full o' holes not enough for you? Really?? Well, the holds will be full o' rum, shot and some other shiny things so you can have bragging rights about how you took goods from an Ocean Master. Keep in mind, however, if we win we get to keep yer booty and we won't return it! We may also be vengeful about the loss and broadcast the location and name of yer vessel to encourage others to engage you.

If we all have fun with this, we will continue to run it so at this time we are not giving an end date!

Anything else to know?
Yes! Not all OMs will be participating; please don't send requests via tells or petitions for us to sail as we won't. We will try to do this at a range of times so that everyone has a fair chance of attacking us but please be aware we will not be doing this 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Times will be at the Ocean Masters discretion.

----------------------------------------
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Jun 12, 2019 4:26:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Re: [Event] Come Fight Me! Pillage an Oceanmaster! Reply to this Post

Oh boy I've been waiting for this for 3 months! Can't wait to see the turnup!
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Jun 13, 2019 5:42:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Where: Obsidian!

:)))
Jjc on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Jun 13, 2019 7:58:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thenatedogg

Considering a lot of us left the game or at least the ocean with Obsidian’s final crash about two months ago I would politely like to request the OMs post an actual time and date for this event. Giving us that would give players a time and reason to log back onto the ocean and so that we could actually rustle up the players and friends to run a sloop to partake in the event. I am personally on Eastern Standard Time and when I log on at any point in the past month there are literally five players or less online. How many of those are afk or just not interested makes it so I don’t see this event without scheduling as very viable. One the flip side post a time(s) and date(s) and I know some ex flaggies who I could hopefully rustle into having some fun on the only ocean I personally care about. Thanks for the event meanwhile wish it was sooner but it is what it is I guess.
Mattatron on Obsidian
[Jun 13, 2019 4:20:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Please don't clutter this forum thread with questions that don't pertain to the actual event; those posts will be removed. Thank you.
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Jun 13, 2019 4:59:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

I would politely like to request the OMs post an actual time and date for this event.

The whole point of this event is that at this time it is random and ongoing. We broadcast on Obsidian when we are out sailing, but we can also be easily found using the /vwho command; this is why we have a fleet of ships all named the same! We aren't being stealthy at all when we are out and about as those who have already attacked us and won can attest!

To clarify; there is no timetable for this. It is when a participating OM has the time. There is no current end date; when we do stop running this we will let players know!
[Jun 13, 2019 5:03:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randompanzy

We broadcast on Obsidian when we are out sailing,

The problem is there aren't many active people on the ocean. I logged on two days ago and the only people on were on were me and Balthazar.

I would love to fight you in bnav (and lose horriblely :p) also I understand the intent of just doing this in your guys free time when you can. But I would suggest some structure time to it or at least brodcast it on other oceans so people can log on and pew pew
Randompanzy from Viridian now sailing on Obsidian
SO of Lion's Roar
Titled Member of Placeholder
The views on my post are of my own and not my flag.

Tranquilized says, u kno yer notorious for lagging? xD

[Jun 14, 2019 5:19:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.teamepsilon.net    phillip1904    GB Fayt    I'm a little kitty that goes MOO! :D [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Missed me, lolz!
[Jun 16, 2019 3:39:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vanleigh

Missed me, lolz!

You shot my pride and I shall shoot every scrap of purple paint in your ships! My revenge knows only the bounds of my half-memmed map! From the depths of Hell, I stab at thee!
Vanleigh in Obsidian
Royal of Placeholder

If my posts do not reflect the views of the flag, the mind control chip provided to all our members will ensure that our views shift accordingly.
[Jun 16, 2019 4:19:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Ooofh. My poor dented ship. Revenge was had... :(
[Jun 16, 2019 4:48:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

How about some of events for other oceans like cerulean or meridian since we would love the attention like obsidian does :)
[Jun 16, 2019 7:21:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cencul7

How about some of events for other oceans like cerulean or meridian since we would love the attention like obsidian does :)

+1
Cencul
[Jun 18, 2019 7:45:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

At this time while we are experimenting with the event, it will remain on Obsidian only. However, we are making a note of demand for it elsewhere! :D
[Jun 19, 2019 3:07:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Removed

Your derailing a thread when the game doesn't have a developer to make these changes. Om s have nothing to do with mechanics of the game, only to enforce the tos and advice on the game.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hera at Jun 23, 2019 3:21:12 PM]
[Jun 23, 2019 2:38:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Is there demand for Sinking runs for this event? Askin' for a friend!
[Jun 23, 2019 3:56:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates