• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1291 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Scottays

Decided to try plan b, having issues getting the pp client to work. Reply to this Post

I've had numerous petitions with oms on getting my pp client to work again, instead of using steam. So I re-downloaded the Java then the pp client. But for some odd reason the pp is not linked to the Java file to open pp how does one fix such a situation?
----------------------------------------
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[May 12, 2019 1:32:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Decided to try plan b, having issues getting the pp client to work. Reply to this Post

I've had numerous petitions with oms on getting my pp client to work again, instead of using steam. So I re-downloaded the Java then the pp client. But for some odd reason the pp is not linked to the Java file to open pp how does one fix such a situation?

Greetings!

So, do I understand correctly that you're using the traditional client, and intending to connect to Cerulean or Emerald or a non-Obsidian ocean? OK.

Also, you will need to provide more information before we can troubleshoot this. Primarily we will need to know: Windows? MacOS? Linux? What OS version? Also, it would be helpful to see which version of Java you downloaded and installed, presumably from Oracle's own site. Java 8 is the most compatible release; later Javas may work OK but have glitches, IDK.

The file association problem is totally OS-dependent and even version-dependent. Once you get it associated correctly, you should have no further problem... God willing!

Cheers,
Ljamethyst (retired)
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at May 22, 2019 1:26:57 AM]
[May 22, 2019 1:26:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Re: Decided to try plan b, having issues getting the pp client to work. Reply to this Post

Greetings!

So, do I understand correctly that you're using the traditional client, and intending to connect to Cerulean or Emerald or a non-Obsidian ocean? OK.

Also, you will need to provide more information before we can troubleshoot this. Primarily we will need to know: Windows? MacOS? Linux? What OS version? Also, it would be helpful to see which version of Java you downloaded and installed, presumably from Oracle's own site. Java 8 is the most compatible release; later Javas may work OK but have glitches, IDK.

The file association problem is totally OS-dependent and even version-dependent. Once you get it associated correctly, you should have no further problem... God willing!

Cheers,
Ljamethyst (retired)

Yes I'm trying to use the traditional cilent , I'm using a windows 7 and have the latest Java and does not work, I've petitions oms about this and no luck since I think pp doesn't work with newest Java's, as I never had this issue before with older versions of Java. But ever since I got the recent Java it does not want to link to pp which doesn't launch. I'm currently out of ideas on how to fix this issue.
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[May 22, 2019 5:43:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeaDogPete

Try this:

If you have the PP icon on your desktop, right-click on it and then click Properties. Then click on the Shortcut tab (I think it will send you there by default anyway.)

One of the boxes is called Target - in that box there should be something like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_211\bin\javaw.exe" -jar getdown-dop.jar .

The important part of that is the 'jre1.8.0_***' this is the version of Java your shortcut is looking for. Edit that number to match the version of Java you now have installed - I am guessing at this moment in time it will be jre1.8.0_211 (or I need to update too - although I am on Windows 10 so it might be different for you). Once you have edited that - click Apply.

Now try clicking on the PP icon and it should work.

Hope this makes sense -- it's late here!
~ Seadogpete ~

Captain of Red Alert
King of Kismet

On several oceans..but mainly Cerulean
[Edit 3 times, last edit by SeaDogPete at May 30, 2019 9:24:47 AM]
[May 27, 2019 7:11:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

Note that there has to be a single space then a full stop after the dop.jar or it won't find it:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_211\bin\javaw.exe" -jar getdown-dop.jar .
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[May 28, 2019 6:04:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
noworries

I recently set up Puzzle Pirates on a new computer. After loading Java I couldn't get the game to load. After deleting each incident of my attempt to load Java and the game I was trying to start over with Java when I noticed that there was something on the download page that said that Google Chrome could interfere with the proper loading of Java. I changed my browser to regular Google then loaded Java and Puzzle Pirates without incident. If you like Chrome you can change back to it for your default browser.
The original Garibaldi on the Midnight Ocean, now on Cerulean.

We can't control the winds, but we can adjust our sails.
[May 28, 2019 8:48:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates