• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 776 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Jimmyjones38

Move our pirates to an ocean of our choosing Reply to this Post

As per my petition to the Oceanmaster asking to pass this along to the developers, I have also been told to post it here since they don't give feedback over petitions.

Today I ask that the developers allow us to move over our other pirates from one ocean to another of our choosing, however, there is a catch. You must be willing to leave behind your valuable items, that a way it can't be sold on said ocean for money. The only reason I ask is cause I would rather have my pirate from Meridian moved over to Emerald, with its injuries, nothing else. Why keep our most loved pirates on an otherwise dead ocean, when we could have them transferred over with nothing other than the clothes and injuries it has, no pets, familiars, furniture. I for one think this would be a great idea if the developers would allow it and would love to hear from others about this.
----------------------------------------
Jimmyjones of all oceans
Senior Officer of Silver Dragons
Prince of Dragon Lords
Fleet Officer of Midnight Aurora
Member of Lion's Bane
[Apr 27, 2019 3:56:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: Move our pirates to an ocean of our choosing Reply to this Post

If you have a pirate on all oceans with the same name as you signature indicates I can see this being a issue as how do they deal with the items held by the pirate the would need to be purged, what happens if a pirate on Ocean A wants to be on Ocean B and the name is taken. Its nice to see people willing to leave there stuff and the numbers on Emerald now that it seems the players have chosen an ocean.

I would love to see them do a few things to help people desire to come back. Personally seeing 400+ people on Emerald has drawn me back to put my toe in the water, if allowing injuries to follow a pirate could add players to an ocean I think it would be a great thing.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Apr 27, 2019 4:45:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Good to see you read my post mate, because they send us here to complain about issues nothing else. Gonna take alot of coding to do transfers from ocean to ocean, then you would have to think about interocean trading and all that which is against TOS anyway. Personally I would like the idea but I think it breaches the TOS too much. If you transfer your pirate then does all your items get deleted in the process?
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Apr 27, 2019 8:14:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Molliieeee

I used to love Puzzle Pirates. I would play for hours every night after school, and have been playing for around 10 years.

My main pirate is on Meridian! Currently there are 4 people online :(

I admit I am a casual now, logging on every now and then. But it really is disheartening seeing the status of the Ocean I am playing on.

I would love to play again, but I don't want to start from scratch. I can't even sell on my items and just transfer the money because there's nobody on the servers!
It makes me sad :( I wish the developers would do something about it.
Proud Officer of The Forgiven
Leading crew of Saints of Glory

Vir Meridian Ocean
- Molliiee -
[Apr 28, 2019 7:05:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jimmyjones38

If you have a pirate on all oceans with the same name as you signature indicates I can see this being a issue as how do they deal with the items held by the pirate the would need to be purged

Well for me, it wouldn't matter with the name, as I am Jimmyjones on all of the oceans, I would just delete which ever Jimmyjones I didn't want. Now for someone else, depending on which pirate was created first, they would have to choose a new name, but if their pirate was created in 2004 versus the pirate on the other ocean being created in 2005, then it should be transferred without a problem as they were here first. However, I'm not going into those specific types of details as we haven't heard from a developer if they would be willing to allow us to transfer our pirates.

If you transfer your pirate then does all your items get deleted in the process?

As stated in my original post, there's a catch to transferring your pirate to said ocean. You must be willing to leave behind your personal items (or in this case they would be deleted). Why transfer a pirate with expensive familiars or pets only to have them sell it on said ocean for money and causing which ever type of familiar or pet to drop in value (tell me if I'm wrong about this).
Jimmyjones of all oceans
Senior Officer of Silver Dragons
Prince of Dragon Lords
Fleet Officer of Midnight Aurora
Member of Lion's Bane
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jimmyjones38 at Apr 28, 2019 4:29:51 PM]
[Apr 28, 2019 4:29:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates