• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1205 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
qlauncher

"The Room" - Emerald Ocean's new Puzzle Parlor! Reply to this Post

The Room (tailor on Admiral Island) is the home of Jazz's compacted conundrums and merciless mysteries, with prizes to be won! Read about the three kinds of activities you can participate in below:

Every Day - "Daily Doozies"

Once a day, the display stand in The Room will have a riddle. You will be able to answer the riddle via the guest book in the same toom. The first correct answer written in the book will be awarded with a random prize (valued between 5-20k), and the pirate's name will be given 10 points towards the leaderboard (posted in the next post). Any pirate who puts the correct answer in afterwards will receive 1 point (this rewards all participants). The pirate with the most correct answers at the end of 2019 will win a fabulous prize! (not sure what yet - I'd imagine a familiar at the tan monkey level, but the community will provide what it provides!)

Every Saturday - "Kraken the Code"

Every Saturday, I will post a link to a medium-difficulty puzzle via the shoppe news. The first person to put the answer in the guest book will be the winner of a Kraken familiar! My idea is to name them [Code A, Code B, ..... , Code AA, Code AB] so people can show their wins! Again, this only happens if I can manage to get the kraken/RMs. Should be around 1:30PM GT once more!

The last day of every Month - "Monthly Million"

Once a month, I will put out a hard-difficulty puzzle via the shoppe news. This will be something that I would encourage you to do as a team/crew/flag. The first person to post the answer in the guest book will be the winner of a million PoE! (It will be up to you all to split the prize.)

*NOTE: Each day only consists of one of the three puzzles mentioned above, with the larger prize/more difficult puzzle trumping the others. For example, if the last day of the month falls on a saturday, then that day would only have a monthly million - there would be no "kraken the code" or "daily doozy" that day.*

How to Play:

1. Prepare yourself: The puzzles are announced first via /global chat as close to 5PM PDT as possible.The daily riddle is posted every day, the Kraken the Code every Saturday, and the Monthly Million every last day of the month. You should be in this shoppe, too, because you can...

2. Only answer in the guestbook: Downstairs at the front door of "The Room" is a guestbook. This is the only place where a guess is officially submitted. This ensures that all participants are judged fairly. If you have the correct answer and submit it into the guestbook before anyone else, prepare to enjoy...

3. Fabulous Prizes: Each of the three puzzles offered here have varying levels of prizes:
* The Daily Riddle: A random item between 5k and 40k in value.
* Kraken the Code: an unnamed Krakling familiar. (random color)
* Monthly Million: 1,000,000 PoE (to first individual correct entry)

* Answer every day, even if you are not the first correct answer, your correct answer will count on the leaderboard. There will be a familiar giveaway to the person who has the most correct answers at the end of the year! Note: Does not apply to weekend and monthly puzzles.

How you can Help:

1. Participate: At the very least, getting involved and having fun definitely helps out! I want this to be something that pirates look forward to, and appreciate any and all constructive feedback!

2. Spread the word: When you see global getting active about the Room, speak up! Let everyone know how much fun you're having.

3. Fabulous Prizes: Donate whatever you would like - It will find another home with another winner! Maybe you could even sell me something on the cheap? Anything helps!

Notjazz does not have a time parameter in which he must deliver a prize or announce a riddle. A pirate is allowed to report having difficulty or confusion with a puzzle or a riddle, but will be disqualified from the competition if they ask Notjazz or Wiggin for a "hint" or an indication of anything in regards to the puzzle or riddle. Notjazz does not use donations to fund his own personal purchases; everything that is given will either be pokered in the hopes of having more PoE to use for "The Room" or will be given away to another pirate eventually - If you do not want your donation to be sold for PoE or gambled at the tables, just say so. A pirate can be banned from participation in puzzles due to a behavior seen during a puzzle. In the event that an answer within the puzzle is "close enough", Notjazz holds the right to allow that answer to be acceptable. (This becomes most prevalent where there are several puzzles within a single puzzle). In the event that a change in the puzzle has been made due to confusion, the change will be listed in the news of "The Room".
----------------------------------------
NotJazz on Emerald Ocean / Jazz on Obsidian Ocean.

Avatar by the wonderfully gifted Cattrin
[Edit 6 times, last edit by qlauncher at Apr 6, 2019 7:24:57 AM]
[Mar 28, 2019 2:54:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qlauncher

Re: "The Room" - Emerald Ocean's new Puzzle Parlor! Reply to this Post

----LEADERBOARD----

Attolia - 10
Basujo - 1
Bossx - 1
Cardsharkx - 1
Cheeseisbad - 2
Cheeseisfine - 34
Cheeseisgood - 28
Doriflame - 1
Drunkbob - 1
Fizgig - 1
Flopmonster - 2
Goldylockss - 1
Gontass - 10
Jalapenos - 1
Jaxxa - 1
Khaleesie - 1
Kilpin - 10
Kriosx - 1
Maulti - 21
Paimein - 1
Rock - 1
Saintmisery - 1
Shar - 2
Sitty - 80
Sfultimate - 14
Spacealien - 1
Stargazie - 2
Swissers - 1
Triplepat - 10

[Edit 17 times, last edit by qlauncher at Apr 23, 2019 1:57:17 PM]
[Mar 28, 2019 2:54:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qlauncher

Re: "The Room" - Emerald Ocean's new Puzzle Parlor! Reply to this Post

Donations List:

Wiggin - 3m PoE + furniture.
Ameros - 1.25m PoE.
Karthika - 60k + furniture.
Havanna - Furniture.
Judithxoxo - Furniture.
Swordiee - Gator.
Natedawg - 100k PoE.

Thank you to my investors, big and small!

[Edit 4 times, last edit by qlauncher at Apr 4, 2019 8:57:53 AM]
[Mar 28, 2019 2:55:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates