• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 766 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Halfbrain5

April Fools' Contest Reply to this Post

Describe a prank being played on a pirate (no longer than a paragraph since I have a short attention span) and the funniest one(s) will win:

2 months subscription time
AND
rope coils - tan/tan, short sword green/green, and 20 swigs of whisking potion OR 3k PoE

DEADLINE
Midnight PDT April 1, 2019

more rules:
Open to players on any ocean but prizes must be collected on Cerulean.
Please enter one pirate per human but each pirate can enter multiple pranks.
Any including the word "pilly"* will be immediately disqualified.
Final decision of winner(s) will be mine so keep them rated 13-GP**

* I really mean it. Try to imagine an actual pirate saying it.
** Somewhat related to PG-13, a rating invented by me to mean - WARNING: 13 year olds, there are (easily shockable) Grandparents Present
----------------------------------------
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Mar 24, 2019 12:30:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Re: April Fools' Contest Reply to this Post

Faeree of Cerulean

Back in the heyday of YPP, the wife of my crew's captain and myself plotted to prank said captain on April Fools day. Now this captain always wore hats in game. He was never without a hat. For some reason, maybe due to personality ? said captain always thought I was blonde in RL. When a bunch of folks from said crew did a RL meetup him seeing me as a brunette in person really threw him. Due to said 'I can't believe she's not blonde?!' comments his wife and I decided to surprise him with a makeover in game. I went from a brunette in game to a platinum blonde (which its been to this day) and he got a lovely new bleached blonde hair color. Unfortunately for us, he didn't notice his hair. Did I mention his love of hats? We had to finally had to set up a portrait in which we had no hats for him to notice :) I went from 'bad faeree' with the dark hair to 'good faeree' on that day lol.

Portrait link !
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Tilinka!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Mar 26, 2019 1:28:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Hello, I like this contest. I've spoken to Doggbreath and have decided to create a prize for doubloon ocean entrants as well! If a doubloon ocean entrant decides to enter, wins and decides they'd rather not have the sub ocean prize, I will give them 90 doubloons.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Mar 28, 2019 1:47:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

So normally I'm not much for April Fools. But this one year I couldn't help myself. Have you ever noticed how wrapped gifts can be wrapped?
One of my friends really really really wanted a tan monkey, so on April Fools I gave her a wrapped Gift Box with the note *something you've always wished for*. She ended up having to open a wrapped gift box... like.. 25-50 times? (Don't really remember), only to see a trinket at the end that said *Aprils Fools!*

On April the 2nd I gave her a tan monkey

Bisca - Obsidian
Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Wayfarer
[Mar 29, 2019 2:22:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

This were back in the day on Midnight, when I were a young pirate and up for divilment!

I would stand patiently on the dock at Alpha and wait for greenies to approach and chat. They would ask the obvious questions. I waited for them to ask about how to get a monkey. I told them they needed to find the mystical island called Midsummer because the monkeys were hiding in the trees there. Then, starting at the Black Market and walk anti-clockwise around the island 100 times so that a monkey would magically appear on their shoulder.
Phaerie, Obsidian
[Mar 31, 2019 9:46:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

All 3 are great so everybody wins. Please post here if you wish to claim the dub reward. If you would like my original offer, you can either post or pm me with the name of your Cerulean pirate and we can arrange a time for me to give you the extras. New contest is posted as well.
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Apr 2, 2019 1:27:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

I would very much like to get the dub reward on Obsidian if that's possible, I hope we made you laugh! I played the same prank on a hearty on Obsidian yesterday and he laughed so much he nearly peed himself :')
Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Wayfarer
[Apr 2, 2019 3:57:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

I'd appreciate the dub reward on Obsidian please <3 Thanks so much!
Phaerie, Obsidian
[Apr 4, 2019 7:32:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Doubloons have been thrown towards those who wanted them. Thanks for entering!
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Apr 4, 2019 8:34:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates